GOP Blocks GOPer Hagel Over Deference to Israel and Religious Fundamentalism

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: GOP Blocks GOPer Hagel Over Deference to Israel and Religious Fundamentalism

In response to skeeter20's comment:

There are movements that are similar to Hama and Hezzbollah operating in such a way to retake the southwest.  La Raza, for example.

NO...!!!  

There isn't anything remotely CLOSE to Hamas and Hezbollah in the U.S....

...and it's utterly irresponsible and outrageous of you to say so.

Puto.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: GOP Blocks GOPer Hagel Over Deference to Israel and Religious Fundamentalism

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

On political terms?  Fine.  ('outpost of western civilization' is a bit melodramatic, dyt?

No, certainly not if you understand the fundamental nature of the Islamic world and it's complete opposition to western values such as our democratic instutions, respect for the rights of women, respect for religious freedom (I know, I know, you hate that too,) opposition to scientific thinking and so on and so on.

And yes, I do think, tyvm.

That's an awfully broad brush with which to paint the palestinian topic.  If anyone said the same about jews or christians, they would be roundly vilified as anti-semitic, etc., and worse.  Hagel's gop opposition are hypocritical in this regard.

Now, if you said the same about fundamentalist jihadism, I might be able to agree, but we both know that's not the same thing, even if you've forgotten.

[And accusing Islam of anti-science views is downright laughable (and contra islamic history, too) in the face of both catholic and christian dogma re: evolution, neuro-biology, geology, physics, etc.]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Hagel, who is a RINO, is as close as Obama can get to having "his guy" in that position.

And what, pray tell, makes Hagel a "RINO" (in your uniquely jaundiced view)...?

Even if he is, why is that alone a reason to disqualify his nomination...??  To what purpose?