GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion:
    In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : Yet again, you throw out a charge you are not able to back up. This is turning out to be a pattern for you.
    Posted by skeeter20

You are lazy Skeeter.  Lazy and unaware.  That is your pattern.

A simple google search and you get an article (with a graph!) detailing 39 new restrictions on abortion rights this year and 80 last year. 

http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/updates/2012/statetrends22012.html

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : You are lazy Skeeter.  Lazy and unaware.  That is your pattern. A simple google search and you get an article (with a graph!) detailing 39 new restrictions on abortion rights this year and 80 last year.  http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/updates/2012/statetrends22012.html
    Posted by Reubenhop

Sorry It took me so long to reply.  I just couldn't get the engery up to get to the keyboard, being lazy n' all.

So, a Link to an abortion activist organization now passes for "facts". 

Show me ANYONE denied an abortion in this country as defined by Roe v. Wade and it's ancillary by-products.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

I have to say, if you're not on the green energy bandwagon, that being getting off oil, you may be part of the problem.

I remember the anti computer guys (read cranky cons) back in the early eighties saying the same thing. Computers are a geek thing. There was even a song about killing pencil neck geeks. Happy that's over.

Dinosaurs need to retire so we can move on.

It's a natural state of affairs. Then we'll be free again to expand and become a rockin' power nation again with green electrical power solutions to advance the state of the nation.

....or not?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I have to say, if you're not on the green energy bandwagen, that being getting off oil, you may be part of the problem. I remember the anti computer guys (read cranky cons) back in the early eighties saying the same thing. Computers are a geek thing. There was even a song about killing pencil neck geeks . Happy that's over. Dinosaurs need to retire so we can move on. It's a natural state of affairs. Then we'll be free again to expand and become a rockin' power nation again with green electrical power solutions to advance the state of the nation. or not.
    Posted by BilltheKat

Sure, we need to employ better sources of energy, when they are ready.

Wind power, solar power, tidal power, are all extremely expensive.  Making oil just as expensive is not really solving the problem.

Fracking is a great example of solving the problem correctly, without government having to jam it down out throats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : Frack you on the natural gas.  I got no problem with natural gas.  It's replacing coal in the process of making electricity.  Doesn't fracking require a lot of water?  And doen't it run the risk of contaminating well water.  Still preferable to tar sands, which seems to have the worst aspects of strip mining for coal and gold mining.  They dig down to the tar sands.  Create huge cauldrons with hot water and tar sands to seperate the oil, leaving behind a pool of toxic waste. I wish solar panels would go the way of computer hard disks.  A terabyte can fit in the same physical space as 20 MB did 30 years ago.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

Actually fracking has been going on the country for about 60 years with the new technology they can get to where the shale gas exists down about a 1200 feet (in NY Marselles Shale) and then drill horizontally.

The aquifer exists at about 200 foot with 1000 feet of solid between it and where the hydrofracking takes place.

From what I've read after the well is installed it is then encapsulated in two separate layers of concrete from the shale all the way uninterrupted up to the surface.

Yes there is waste water, 98.5-99.5 percent of what is used in the hydrofracking process is sand and water the other 1 percent chemicals.

With waste water comes the need for water treatment facilities which create more jobs both in the construction and then in the maintenance and truck drivers to haul water.

As in any other industrial endeavor particularly one that involves the surrounding environment strict guidelines and controls need to be enacted and adhered to.

Northern Pennsylvania is currently reaping the benefits of hydrofracking. You cannot find a hotel room in either Chenango or Chemung county New York just north of the border, all the communites along the border are booming, those two counties in NY courrently receiving record tax revenues.

The state of Pennsylvania closely monitors all the wells and activity going on in that locale. 10s of thousands of new jobs in that area is the spinoff, albeit hard work most workers earning generally in the 80k per year neighborhood.

NY state is currently awaiting a decision from the Governor and encon for approval to proceed with hydrofracking in the Marselles Shale.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : Frack you on the natural gas.  I got no problem with natural gas.  It's replacing coal in the process of making electricity.  Doesn't fracking require a lot of water?  And doen't it run the risk of contaminating well water.  Still preferable to tar sands, which seems to have the worst aspects of strip mining for coal and gold mining.  They dig down to the tar sands.  Create huge cauldrons with hot water and tar sands to seperate the oil, leaving behind a pool of toxic waste. I wish solar panels would go the way of computer hard disks.  A terabyte can fit in the same physical space as 20 MB did 30 years ago.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

Technology moves slowly. I am in the network/phone business what 20 years ago was squeezed into and filled an entire 15' by 15' room can now be housed in a single rack, a few servers do the same job.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : Sure, we need to employ better sources of energy, when they are ready. Wind power, solar power, tidal power, are all extremely expensive.  Making oil just as expensive is not really solving the problem. Fracking is a great example of solving the problem correctly, without government having to jam it down out throats.
    Posted by skeeter20

Ugh, throat jamming again.

Such a red flag, you're stuck on stupid. Hopefully you'll retire soon and leave the future to thinkers and builders. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : Technology moves slowly. 
    Posted by ThatWasMe

Technology moves slowly?

What are you nuts? You're freakin kidding me?
    You validate my ealier posts. Retire and get out of the mainstream. You cant handle it.

I now have the hiccups laughing such an ignorant statement.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : Technology moves slowly? What are you nuts? You're freakin kidding me? You validate my ealier posts. Retire and get out of the mainstream. You cant handle it. I now have the hiccups laughing such an ignorant statement.
    Posted by BilltheKat

I'm in the technology business pal have been for over 30 years, and do very well, I speak for the field that I work in.

I don't where you're coming from probably opinions based on what you hear not what you know.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : Technology moves slowly? What are you nuts? You're freakin kidding me? You validate my ealier posts. Retire and get out of the mainstream. You cant handle it. I now have the hiccups laughing such an ignorant statement.
    Posted by BilltheKat

You tell me how long it wil take to get a "green" airplane to fly coast to coast.

And at supersonic speeds?

Maybe in your life time if you're lucky.

My business field has evolved technically the past 30 thirty years but the changes have been slow and gradual but steady.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : I'm in the technology business pal have been for over 30 years, and do very well, I speak for the field that I work in. I don't where you're coming from probably opinions based on what you hear not what you know.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

Oh, do we have to do this?

Ya, I've been in the technology business for probably longer then you were/are so you should know that every six months it changes. You said such a dumb thing about tech being slow to change which can, even to the uninitiated, know that's not true. Phones for instance. Ever hear of smart phones/Flat panel TVs/Fiber Optics/Home management/iPad apps for contolling all this stuff/etc

Geesh, even installing simple fios panels should let you know.

Stupid stupid. I am appalled

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : How did you feel about rape when it was being performed by your favorite Democrat President?   You know......the Keynote speaker at your convention in 2 weeks?   
    Posted by jmel

Do you just randomly spew venom?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

I have to say, if you're not on the green energy bandwagon, that being getting off oil, you may be part of the problem. ----------------------\ That would would be the late Ted Kennedy, not me. Green could, so long as you can't see it from my house. Dickwad
    Posted by GreginMeffa

Ted Kennedy died. I thought you were about IT. Maybe a tired old school guy?

Move on, dickwad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : Oh, do we have to do this? Ya, I've been in the technology business for probably longer then you were/are so you should know that every six months it changes. You said such a dumb thing about tech being slow to change which can, even to the uninitiated, know that's not true. Phones for instance. Ever hear of smart phones/Flat panel TVs/Fiber Optics/Home management/iPad apps for contolling all this stuff/etc Geesh, even installing simple fios panels should let you know. Stupid stupid. I am appalled
    Posted by BilltheKat

I think you're basically full of it.

The driving technology for all of those devices hasn't changed much in the last 15 years.

Sure the hand held devices are changing in features but the bandwidth is still being delivered the same way it has been for years.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : Oh, do we have to do this? Ya, I've been in the technology business for probably longer then you were/are so you should know that every six months it changes. You said such a dumb thing about tech being slow to change which can, even to the uninitiated, know that's not true. Phones for instance. Ever hear of smart phones/Flat panel TVs/Fiber Optics/Home management/iPad apps for contolling all this stuff/etc Geesh, even installing simple fios panels should let you know. Stupid stupid. I am appalled
    Posted by BilltheKat

It changes every 6 months?

I have never read anything so stupid.

Revealing exactly what you know.

You know how your telephone and TV works.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Abortion RIGHTS? Really? Not even Roe (which, by the way, though extremely flawed, I agree with!) calls it a RIGHT. what planet are you guys from? Telling the government they cannot PREVENT someone from doing something (ANYTHING) does NOT make doing so a RIGHT!!! I do NOT believe the gub can tell a woman she HAS to have a baby. I have NEVER thought otherwise. I am a conservative republican (who also supports gay marriage more that any self proclaimed liberal democrat here!) So stick that where the Sun don't shine. And while you're sticking it, please show me where the ROE decision states that abortion is a RIGHT! You know, like REAL ones like speech, assembly, warrantless search, not testifying against yourself, and other terrible unimportant sht like those ones. A RIGHT? Really? Look kids, I SUPPORT THE ROE DECISION!  My church does not, and I'm a Knight.  So, I have, in fact, seperated church and state. But sweet mother of my Life and Savior, Jesus Christ, where on EARTH did Roe make abortion a RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! It is a decision that the SCOTUS has said is one that the government cannot FCK with!  That is NOT a RIGHT!!!! C'mon!  Get on board!  KNOW the difference! Yikes!
    Posted by GreginMeffa

Quite the rant. In Constitutional law, it is the right of privacy that is being talked about here. Under that right a woman's access to abortion receives protection. Hence, you have a right to an abortion or you have abortion rights. See the tranistion? 

And by the way, most conservatives mostly do not believe in the right of privacy. Despite their supposed support of individual freedom and small government they have no problem with the government restricting access to reproductive services and throwing people in jail who would dare to transgress their social agenda.

AND no you don't support gay marriage more than any liberal here. If you vote Republican you vote for people who oppose those (equality) rights and seek to end them.  Pay attention to what the G.O.P. is up to.  ALL of what they are up to.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : Um.......the conversation (in case you can`t read the OP thread) is about rape.  Do you have a problem with a guy that raped one and assauletd with intent to rape another?  A problem with a 21 yr old girl humming a 52 yr old man under his desk?  Is this not relevant evidence counselor?  A history of behavior?  Establishing a pattern of behavior? Case dismissed!   You lose (again) counselor.
    Posted by jmel

No the real issue is abortion rights.  You can't handle that subject so you randomly spew venom trying to desperately change the subject.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : I think you're basically full of it. The driving technology for all of those devices hasn't changed much in the last 15 years. Sure the hand held devices are changing in features but the bandwidth is still being delivered the same way it has been for years.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

Really? Now we move the goalposts from analog v digital. Gotcha. Ya newbie.
    The technology hasn't changed....at all?
    No changes? really? Don't tell Verizon or At&T.

Now you're just embarrassing yourself.
    Stop it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : It changes every 6 months? I have never read anything so stupid. Revealing exactly what you know. You know how your telephone and TV works.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

Um, you probably don't know how they get their signal?
    Ya, via digital. Duh.

Im thinking you dont have a digital TV. Hence you need the analog-digital converter now.

See that change? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : Really? Now we move the goalposts from analog v digital. Gotcha. Ya newbie. The technology hasn't changed....at all? No changes? really? Don't tell Verizon or At&T. Now you're just embarrassing yourself. Stop it.
    Posted by BilltheKat

I installed the first digital phone system in Massachusetts for Verizon in 1980 in West Boyleston Ma. A DMS-10 capable of handling 10k lines.

Tell me about Verizon.

Sections
Shortcuts