3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion

In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : That seems to be the typical attitude of wingnuts. "Stay in the 20th century where it's safe." Geepers, we'd all still be speaking the Queens English if you idiots were around in the 1700's. The success of the oil industry was a direct result of gov't intervention in both the process of oil extraction and refinement and the resources and land to drill on. The ENTIRE nuclear industry is a result of gov't research and financing of nuclear plants. The military today is testing the use of 'green' fuel for it's airplanes. How about a military aircraft travelling at 3 times the speed of sound on fuel derived from algae....and that is happening TODAY!!! Geepers, talk about a Luddite.   
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men[/QUOTE]

I love you liberals with your own version of history.

The first oil well drilled in the USA was drillled by a private citizen Edwin Drake in Pennsylvania in 1859 for the privately owned Seneca Oil Company.

Wells were drilled much prior to that in Europe and China.

Nuclear power/energy was developed by the US military
    Not by the government.

The military is using biofuels as a direct order from Obama.

The "green fleet" that recently set sale with bio-fuels cost the US taxpayer 26 dollars a gallon.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48047296/ns/us_news-environment/t/gallon-navys-green-fleet-meets-stiff-headwinds/

The current cost of domestic liquified natural gas is at 3.77 per gallon

If you filled your car up this morning you probably know what a gallon of gasoline costs.

Like I've said numerous times, I'm all for green energy but the current cost cannot compete with fossil fuels, it isn't there yet.

And I would prefer to let the private sector develope it, not Obama with my tax dollars.

We have an abundance of natural gas in this country unequaled anywhere else on the planet, all we have to do is go and get it.

I'm guessing that will not be pursued until after Nov. 2012..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : So now it's Obama's fault what Congress does or doesn't do? Freakin hilarious.

Obama is President, Harry Reid is Senate majority leader, Nancy Pelosi was the house majority leader for Obama's first two years in office (all Democrats).

A bill will not come up for a vote without the say so of either Reid or Pelosi and final approval into law by Obama.

You see a pattern here?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : I guess the entire nuclear industry just kind of appeared out of thin air? The entire nuclear industry is a result of gov't research and today there is no such thing as a privately funded nuclear power plant. EVERY privately-owned nuclear plant in the country owes it's existence to the gov't. EVERY planned nuclear power plant in the future will be built with tax payer dollars. Geepers, your ideological ignorance runs deep.

Nuclear power was not developed by government research, it was developed by the evil military to power the first nuclear submarines.

I'm sure you support robust military spending like I do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : many conservatives want to eliminate abortion entirely Yup...and "wanting" to is not the same as being "able" to.  And they can argue about "forcible rape" or "legitimate rape" all they want but guess what...abortions will STILL be legal.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink2[/QUOTE]

You're ignoring a whole lot of state legislation that contradicts you...never mind the express positions of the RNC and conservative repubs alike.  Should they not at least be taken at their word when they promise throngs of their evangelical supporters to eliminate abortion rights?  I don't think you're looking far past the northeast, or else you wouldn't take their goals so lightly.  For them, this is a literal crusade, supported by the same garbage 'science' Akin was spouting.  (The Vatican, naturally, has been pitching a similar spiel.)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE] (who also supports gay marriage more that any self proclaimed liberal democrat here!) Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

"That's a whopper right there, charlie...!"

The guy who voted for Alan Keyes...right.

What a fraud.

And on abortion...you're still wrong despite all your foam and spittle.  A woman in the 21st century indeed has RIGHT to terminate an unwanted pregnancy.  Get over it.   Neither the govt nor the church has any credibility on the matter in the first place...despite feverish attempts by both gopers and christianists to decide otherwise.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : So abortion isn't legal in all states? Boy this is getting confusing. 

I'll paraphrase you:

Whoooossshhhh!!!

It's no wonder you're confused, missing the point by so wide a margin.

Or perhaps you're not aware of the 2003 federal abortion ban, the numerous cases filed every year as a challenge to Roe, various judicial stays to override state and local hegemonies, and so on....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

republicans are dumb for bringing up the abortion issue...it should be a non-issue...too many other important issues AND R. Vs W. not being overturned....even if it is....the power would simply go back to the states, it wouldn't be illegal.

Move on to more important issues.......you know, like Mitts tax returns!!! 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

republicans have as much right to tell women what they can and can't do with their bodies as dems have to tell us what we can and can't eat, drive, or drink!!!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GOP clarifies its view on rape/abortion : Hint...I was being sarcastic. 

Good for you.

25. This post has been removed.