GOP Gov Kasich Refers to His Faith to Explain Ohio Medicaid Expansion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: GOP Gov Kasich Refers to His Faith to Explain Ohio Medicaid Expansion

Religion is a control Mechanism for those who are not capable of controling themselves. Although i do believe there is a god i dont wish to spend my time in church honoring Jesus when i can just as well honor him by the type of life i live and by the good things i do to help people Less fortunate than me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

"I'm calling out the charlatans in both parties who profess to the teachings of Jesus,"

Really? Call out a few Democrat charlatans, then, be interested to hear your professed "bipartisanship".

J. Jackson Jr.

Ray Nagin.

William Jefferson.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

"I'm calling out the charlatans in both parties who profess to the teachings of Jesus,"

Really? Call out a few Democrat charlatans, then, be interested to hear your professed "bipartisanship".

J. Jackson Jr.

Ray Nagin.

William Jefferson.

A good start, anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Resist the demons rattling around in your head Matty.  Blasphemy depends on not what you think, but what god thinks on the matter.

Except there is no god, so I'm not a sinner.

But what I believe in my heart depends even LESS upon what YOU think.

Never said what I think matters.  Sorry if you got that impression.

What god thinks does matter, and that is not dependent on whether you personally "beleive" in god or not.  God is bigger than even you can imagine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

It must really burn you up when religion is cited in promoting your foolish liberal ideas.

Not really.  Jesus leaned more liberal than conservative, after all.

I don't think it burns any more than, say, someone quoting the quran to espouse your pseudo-conservative ideas.

Secularists regularly catch heat from all angles, so I'm used to it.

Clearly it is burning you up, as you try to layer today's liberal politics on top of Jesus.  Blaspemous.

I'm just having a go at the one thing conservatives do well - point out religious motives..

It's only blaspheme if I'm a believer in the sanctity of Jesus.  I'm not.

He WAS mostly liberal, though, by today's standard.  Sorry you can't accept that.

How was jesus like a liberal? Tell me.  I really want to know.  Here's a list of curent issues.  Where do you think Jesus stands on these issues?

Where does Jesus stand on Abortion?

How about casual sex?

Birth control?

politicians who lie and manipulate?

Governmentbeing the source of mercy?

Separation of church and state?

I think you have grossly underestimated Jesus.  I think you are trying to push Jesus into an athestic progressive box, as unbeleivable that is.

But, seriously, I don't think you understand Jesus at all if you think he was either liberal or conservative.  He is neither.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

It must really burn you up when religion is cited in promoting your foolish liberal ideas.

Not really.  Jesus leaned more liberal than conservative, after all.

I don't think it burns any more than, say, someone quoting the quran to espouse your pseudo-conservative ideas.

Secularists regularly catch heat from all angles, so I'm used to it.

Clearly it is burning you up, as you try to layer today's liberal politics on top of Jesus.  Blaspemous.

I'm just having a go at the one thing conservatives do well - point out religious motives..

It's only blaspheme if I'm a believer in the sanctity of Jesus.  I'm not.

He WAS mostly liberal, though, by today's standard.  Sorry you can't accept that.

How was jesus like a liberal? Tell me.  I really want to know.  Here's a list of curent issues.  Where do you think Jesus stands on these issues?

Where does Jesus stand on Abortion?

How about casual sex?

Birth control?

politicians who lie and manipulate?

Governmentbeing the source of mercy?

Separation of church and state?

I think you have grossly underestimated Jesus.  I think you are trying to push Jesus into an athestic progressive box, as unbeleivable that is.

But, seriously, I don't think you understand Jesus at all if you think he was either liberal or conservative.  He is neither.

What a wonderful bunch of questions you've posited!

Allow me to add several more!

Where does Jesus stand on being rich?

Jesus has nothing against rich people.  He has something against people who idolize    their wealth.  I think that might be what you are driving at.

On paying taxes?

*Are you saying conservatives don't pay their taxes?  Heck, one of Jeusu's inital followers was a tax collector.

On prayer in schools?

* I'm pretty sure Jesus thinks school prayer is ok.  Just a hunch.

Like I said, he is neither conservative or liberal.  That point seems to allude you.  Think about both our lists.  What does that tell you?  do you really see Jesus standing proudly on the liberal side, or the conservative side?

I might suggest actually readingthe bible.  You might actually learn something about Jesus, instead of putting forth your strange views on a person you don't beleive existed, based on a book you think is fiction.  But keep swinging.  And, you might try answering the questions I posited instead of this childish "oh Yeah?" response.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Nice post Matty...! I suspect that what's got our "right leaning friends" so upset about this post is the very fact that a GOP governor is embracing what they view to be a liberal idea...and justifying it by his faith. He is doing something he may disagree with because he knows it is the right thing to do.

It is the premise and the subject of the post that they can't offer a counter for..so instead..they resort to personally attacking the OP.. I doubt Matty is an atheist..but even if he was..so what? Atheists are not evil people..and I know a couple that have a better grasp on compassion and morals than most of the self proclaimed "christian right" who participate here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Nice post Matty...! I suspect that what's got our "right leaning friends" so upset about this post is the very fact that a GOP governor is embracing what they view to be a liberal idea...and justifying it by his faith. He is doing something he may disagree with because he knows it is the right thing to do.

It is the premise and the subject of the post that they can't offer a counter for..so instead..they resort to personally attacking the OP.. I doubt Matty is an atheist..but even if he was..so what? Atheists are not evil people..and I know a couple that have a better grasp on compassion and morals than most of the self proclaimed "christian right" who participate here.

upset?  What are you drinking?  Are we reading the same thread?  I find it so amazing when liberals posti a question, make a claim, and then stand back and dispationately observe that those who disagree with the premise are "upset".

As far as Jesus within this thread: I find it offensive when either side claims ownership of Jesus.  To say Jesus is a liberal, in the political sense, is just as offensive as saying he is a conservative in a political sense.

As stated here, liberals are trying to claim Jesus as their own, make Jesus a follower of Obama.  

Don't you see that as just wrong?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

upset?  What are you drinking?  Are we reading the same thread?  I find it so amazing when liberals posti a question, make a claim, and then stand back and dispationately observe that those who disagree with the premise are "upset".

As far as Jesus within this thread: I find it offensive when either side claims ownership of Jesus.  To say Jesus is a liberal, in the political sense, is just as offensive as saying he is a conservative in a political sense.

As stated here, liberals are trying to claim Jesus as their own, make Jesus a follower of Obama.  

Now, now.   You know full well that your version of the Jesus story is at the heart of the moral policies that you seek to impose on others.  So get off your high horse: you use his supposed message to further you conservative political agenda.  Don't you see that as just wrong?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

Now, now.   You know full well that your version of the Jesus story is at the heart of the moral policies that you seek to impose on others.  So get off your high horse: you use his supposed message to further you conservative political agenda.  Don't you see that as just wrong?

This is just boring.  Here's how this goes:

A liberal posts somehting that they think is a "gotcha" about some Republican.

I try to illuminate said person with a clearer understanding.

I am told I reacting in a way that is "upset", "hysterical" or something to that effect.

Rube swings by with his cheap shots, and the circle is completed.

My question is, do we want to have a dialog, or is this type of thread going to continue to just be a typcial liberal bear trap for christians?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

P.S.  Not trying to impose anything on anyone. Be big enough to admit that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

You are deranged.

Given the state of your rhetoric, your supposed 'offense' is suspect...and a bit whiny.

You're deluded if you think I'm 'claiming Jesus for liberals' in merely pointing out the charity and comity inherent in the gospels that some have forgotten.  

(Besides, as an agnostic, I couldn't care less.  JC was just another all-too-mortal prophet to me.  As the song goes, he's 'just alright with me'.)

And for 5 years, conservo-nuts like you have perpetuated a myth of Obama following Allah, so spare us your spin and faux outrage.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

This is just boring.  Here's how this goes:

A liberal posts somehting that they think is a "gotcha" about some Republican.

I try to illuminate said person with a clearer understanding.

I am told I reacting in a way that is "upset", "hysterical" or something to that effect.

Rube swings by with his cheap shots, and the circle is completed.

My question is, do we want to have a dialog, or is this type of thread going to continue to just be a typcial liberal bear trap for christians?

Cheap shot?  Are you suggesting that your moral precepts (based on your religious views) don't influence your political understandings?  Be honest.  I think it is obvious.  But is it something you will admit?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

You make me laugh.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

You make me laugh.

Seems I have you cornered.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:

You make me laugh.

Commies laugh ??  Who knew?

They only laugh when the messiah's handlers tell them to.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

You make me laugh.

What do you know of Communism?  Nothing much.  You are a joke.  And I laugh some more.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

You make me laugh.

They only laugh when the messiah's handlers tell them to.

Ideologues are funny: their embrace of stupid rants is amusing.  Keep talking and I will keep laughing.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

You make me laugh.

What do you know of Communism?  Nothing much.  You are a joke.  And I laugh some more.

I know this: they all line up in identical grey leisure suits and wave Mao bibles at an empty podium.  Then they go home and turn in their neighbor for eating an extra bowl of Rice.

and you think Christians are delusional.

Sections
Shortcuts