GOP is a party of diversity!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

GOP is a party of diversity!!

The GOP has taken a lot of grief lately for being a bunch of old white guys, and while this is true, that doesn't mean the GOP doesn't still have their own version of diversity.  The case of Lance Gilman for example, shows that the GOP tent holds both Religious Fundamentalist as well as W hore house owners.

Gilman, a recently elected Nevada County commissioner, is a "dye in the wool Republican" but it would seem his brothel business would be at odds with the values of Rick Santorum.

From USA Today

Lance Gilman is a thriving businessman with dozens of employees. That those workers include a good many prostitutes didn't faze the people of a rural Nevada county who recently elected him as a Storey County commissioner by a wide margin.

The Mustang Ranch brothel owner is the first such owner to win election to public office in Nevada since prostitution was legalized here in 1971, Nevada historian Guy Rocha said. And he's believed to be the first to do so in the state's 148-year history

"He's in rare company," Rocha said. "Of course, it's going to be rare because the business of selling sex for money is illegal in every jurisdiction in the United States except in rural Nevada."

Some two dozen brothels legally operate in 10 of Nevada's 17 counties. Prostitution is illegal in the counties that include Las Vegas and Reno, the state's population centers.

Gilman, 68, a self-described "dye-in-the-wool Republican who loves American values," said he encountered few objections to his Mustang Ranch ownership during his campaign in the county of 4,000. He won with 62 percent of the vote on Nov. 6.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: GOP is a party of diversity!!

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dem senate is 77% old white guys. Dems aren't exactly knocking diveristy out of the park either.

[/QUOTE]

And not a single brothel owner either!  At least as far as we know...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dem senate is 77% old white guys. Dems aren't exactly knocking diveristy out of the park either.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does that bother you? Doesn't bother me that someone owns a brothel where it's LEGAL to own a brothel. Apparently it didn't bother the people who elected him either. So what exactly is the issue?

[/QUOTE]

Just a humor angle.  The party of traditional values has room for the oldest profession.  It makes some sense when phrased that way.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Ironically, I've noticed that the left has already started it's campaign to discredit Marco Rubio. We can't possibly let those minorities off the liberal plantation, can we?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ironically, I've noticed that the left has already started it's campaign to discredit Marco Rubio. We can't possibly let those minorities off the liberal plantation, can we?

[/QUOTE]

And what would you say GOP reaction to Obama over the last four years is?  Trying to put him back on the plantation?  Just because Rubio is a minority doesn't mean democrats can't go after him.  For gods sake the guy just said he doesn't know how old the planet is because he isn't a scientist. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He owns a brothel?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just because Rubio is a minority doesn't mean democrats can't go after him. 

[/QUOTE]

Yet when people go after Obama it's about race. Go figure!

[/QUOTE]

No, when some people go after Obama it is clearly about race.  I am not going to waste my time digging all of the examples from the past four years, but suffice to say there is plenty of verified reports that clearly demonstrate that SOME GOPers have been critical of Obama because of race, emails, comments to the media, newsletters, etc all have shown this.  You'd literally have to have your head in the sand to dispute this as a certifiable fact. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just because Rubio is a minority doesn't mean democrats can't go after him. 

[/QUOTE]

Yet when people go after Obama it's about race. Go figure!

[/QUOTE]

No, when some people go after Obama it is clearly about race.  I am not going to waste my time digging all of the examples from the past four years, but suffice to say there is plenty of verified reports that clearly demonstrate that SOME GOPers have been critical of Obama because of race, emails, comments to the media, newsletters, etc all have shown this.  You'd literally have to have your head in the sand to dispute this as a certifiable fact. 

[/QUOTE]

Ya missed the point which is that many assume if you go after Obama it's because of race. Sure, there are many who do...no denying that. And those people are scumb@gs. But many go after Obama because of difference in politics and not the color of his skin. 

[/QUOTE]

We are really saying the same thing. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does that bother you? Doesn't bother me that someone owns a brothel where it's LEGAL to own a brothel. Apparently it didn't bother the people who elected him either. So what exactly is the issue?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it bothers me that a man is making money off women performing sexual acts.  i have no problem with Women making money from performing sex acts. 

Prostitution is OK.  Pimping is not OK.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Here is Rubio's quote:

"I’m not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that’s a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States. I think the age of the universe has zero to do with how our economy is going to grow. I’m not a scientist. I don’t think I’m qualified to answer a question like that. At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all. I think parents should be able to teach their kids what their faith says, what science says. Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to answer that. It’s one of the great mysteries."

He's actually being pretty political here. He's not really taking a stand but giving a nod to all of his constituents, religious or not. But then again, I'm not as worried about the folks that beiieve in biblical creationism as I am the ones that believe in Keynesian creationism. Those people are mofo crazy!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Oh, and I'm also not blind to the fact that Rubio is engaging in real diversity here and not stuck in the rigid dogma of the left.

"I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all."

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just Klan members.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it bothers me that a man is making money off women performing sexual acts.  i have no problem with Women making money from performing sex acts. 

Prostitution is OK.  Pimping is not OK.

[/QUOTE]

Always dumping on management.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Give the GOP a little credit.  They just nominated a devout mormon for the presidency and almost got him elected (those darn "gifts"!).

The mormons have been officially open to blacks for nearly 35 years now.  That should count for something, no?