GOP REP: THE REALITY IS SOME AMERICANS LIVES HAVE GOTTEN BETTER WITH OBAMACARE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: GOP REP: THE REALITY IS SOME AMERICANS LIVES HAVE GOTTEN BETTER WITH OBAMACARE

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The likelihood of outright appeal is low. Republicans would have to have veto proof majorities in the House and Senate.

There are some good things about Obamacare but they come with a lot of bad things. On top of that is the implementation incompetence and Obama's never-ending abuse of power by issuing edicts. That is only going to make matters worse.

The disaster will continue unimpeded until enough Democrats see their election chances dwindling. In just a short time the generic House poll has shifted dramaitcally to the Republicans. This will force something fix some of the problems and get rid of some parts of the law that are not worth keeping. Call it a rolling repeal and replace.

Another consideration is how many votes are required in the Senate to convict the President on impeachment. If it gets close after the next election and the messes continue, that might force more replacement of the stoopid law that no one read before they voted on it.

[/QUOTE]

You would need to pick up 22 seats in the Senate to remove Obama.  It's a fantasy.  And even then it leaves Biden in the WH to veto any attempts of repeal.

There's no chance of repeal until 2016, and it won't happen then because the turnout to elect the first woman president will be just as big as the turnout to elect the first black president, and because the GOP does not now, nor has ever had, a viable alternative.  

If Obamacare is unpopular leading up to the 2014 mid-terms, a smart Dem can use that to his/her advantage.  You can vote for a Dem or Independent who will work to improve the law, or you can vote for a Republican who will continue the futile attempts to repeal it.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Re: GOP REP: THE REALITY IS SOME AMERICANS LIVES HAVE GOTTEN BETTER WITH OBAMACARE

In response to newman09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now, ironically, this 2700-page monstrosity, ObamaCare, when all is said and done, according to the Congressional Research Service who doesn't work for the Republicans or Democrats, you are still going to have 30 million uninsured.

Out of all of this disruption and all of this disruption comes a result with 30 million still uninsured. This is catastrophic failure not only for the health care system but for all of Americans.

I understand why you're holding on hoping this will still work, if it does not, it's a pretty big blow to liberalism.

[/QUOTE]

The law is 906 pages

And how many of those 30 million are in ignorance-belt states that refuse to expand medicaid for their working poor residents?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Of course. Just getting rid of pre-x and lifetime max alone is a HUGE improvement in peoples lives. 

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. As well as annual maximums and kicking people off when they get sick.

Eventually, people, who tend to have a short memories , will take all these essential provisions for granted...to be expected. Anyone or any group who even proposes to take any of this away might as well kiss their career or existence goodbye.

[/QUOTE]

"Anyone or any group who even proposes to take any of this away might as well kiss their career or existence goodbye."

Their existence? Are you saying people should cease to exist if they try to take ACA away? A bit over the top don't ya think???

[/QUOTE]

Government Goon: Excuse me sir, do you support the ACA legislation?

Legislative Hack 1:  Um, yes I do.

Government Goon: Very good sir, please move over there.

Legislative Hack 1:  What is over there?

Government Goon:  Some light snacks and beverages.  Thank you

Legislative Hack 1:  Oh  good.  I am feeling a bit peckish as the Brits would say!

Government Goon:  And you sir, do you support the ACA legislation?

Legislative Hack 2:  No, absolutely not.  Repeal it right now!

Government Goon:  Very good sir, please move over there to that empty room.

Legislative Hack 2:  No snacks?  I see how this is, next I'll be audited, RIGHT?

Government Goon: *SMILES*

Legislative Hack 2: Wait a minute, what is this "room" you have put me in, this is not a room, its...its some sort of contraption.  LEMME OUT OF HERE!

Government Goon: Sir, your cooperation is mandatory. Now if you would just be still while I close this door and turn on the molecular destabilizer...

[/QUOTE]

Great post. And it saves me from replying.

[/QUOTE]

How so? I still don't know what you meant by "kiss their existence goodbye"

[/QUOTE]

46&2,

I wrote that people could kiss their careers goodbye And the groups could kiss their existence goodbye.

Yes, this is a slight paraphrase to make myself extremely clear, 46&2.

[/QUOTE]

I don't see the GOP ceasing to exist but hey...you're entitled to your opinion. Thanks!

[/QUOTE]

You are welcome.

And for the record, I do not envision the GOP ceasing to exist either. That is not where I was going with that post. But I do envision the GOP having to change tactics for now.

[/QUOTE]

That is why I asked for clarification

[/QUOTE]

Understood. I am good. Hope you are as well. In other words we are good, as far as I am concerned.

[/QUOTE]

I'll have to be as it's not worth banging my head against the wall any further than I already have.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

46&2,

" I'll have to be as it's not worth banging my head against the wall any further than I already have."

In complete seriousness, I was not trying to have you resort to the above.

I asked the question. because I really wanted to make sure. 

I have done this frome time to time with other posters including the missing and missed Greggin. 

And yes, I know, sometimes I take things more seriously then you meant them. But I rather make sure there are no hard feelings that can be cleared given the level of hostility that you know comes and goes in this forum.

End of explanation.

[/QUOTE]

I assure you I harbor no hard feelings. This is a massage board...if I ever get to the point where I harbor hard feelings toward an anonymous person on a message board then I should just eat a bullet. That last part was a joke. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

29,000 signed up while in California alone over 1 mill lost the coverage the liar in chief said they could keep and many of them were Dems and indies.

I know we need to protect the less fortunate but at what cost?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

29,000 signed up while in California alone over 1 mill lost the coverage the liar in chief said they could keep and many of them were Dems and indies.

[/QUOTE]

"Losing coverage" means switching plans - it used to mean dying.  Some would see that as progress.

That's how far the GOP has shifted right - self-proclaimed moderates use terms like "liar in chief".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Simple answer: whatever it takes.

Anything less means we're not trying hard enough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfilio. Show portfilio's posts

Thousands of lives saved thanks to Obamacare:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/05/i-am-obamacare-_n_4046470.html

Thousands more saved lives to come!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Looks like someone is on a spamming mission

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So we want to increase the pool of less fortunate for equality sake?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So we want to increase the pool of less fortunate for equality sake?

[/QUOTE]

You seem to think there's not enough to go around.  

Equality is only one reason; efficacy is another.

But theoretically, if the less fortunate are being adequately helped, then they are more fortunate than they were before.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfilio. Show portfilio's posts

Re: GOP REP: THE REALITY IS MANY AMERICANS LIVES HAVE GOTTEN BETTER WITH OBAMACARE

Despite the endless lies about ACA from the delusional right wing,  Obamacare has worked to save tens of thousands of lives with more being added to those numbers every day.

Small wonder why signups for this good program have far exceeded the expected results and why Democrats are now using its success in their campaign ads:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/18/1293066/-This-is-HOW-Dems-should-run-on-Obamacare" rel="nofollow">http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/18/1293066/-This-is-HOW-Dems-should-run-on-Obamacare

''Social Security wasn't very popular when it started out -- but look at it now:

"Keep your greedy hands off -- My Social Security!"
    Most Americans love this near-universal safety-net. They will feel the same about the Affordable Care Act -- once they better understand it.

This Ad works.

This Ad connects.''