GOP rhetoric cost 3 cops their lives!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomSinMA. Show TomSinMA's posts

GOP rhetoric cost 3 cops their lives!!!

Im sure everyone is familiar with the hysterical rhetoric across the country that Obama is planning to confiscate all guns. These lies are totally irresponsible and seem to have caused the murder of 3 Pittsburgh policemen!!  Nice going. The far right wackos will use ANY means to try to destroy this presidency no matter what the cost and no matter who gets hurt or dies!! For the record, The USSC recently ruled that gun personal ownership is a constitutional right. Therefore, guns can NOT be banned as DC had done for years. The screaming meemies know full well of that court decision yet they persist in their lies.  Also,  during  arguments of that case, Chief Justice Roberts reiterated government's right to regulate guns.....   but NOT ban them!!  You guys are truly desperate since your repudiation at the polls in 06 and 08!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

Re: GOP rhetoric cost 3 cops their lives!!!

AND I THOUGHT IT WAS THE FAULT OF THE POLICE OPERATOR (WHO GOT THE JOB DUE TO AFFIRMATIVE ACTION) WHO DIDN'T TELL THE COPS THE GUY HAD A WEAPON.  AND THE LIBERAL COURT SYSTEM THAT DIDN'T KEEP THE KILLER BEHIND BARS.

BTW, I LOVE YOUR FONT SIZE. IT IS AWESOME.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

Im sure everyone is familiar with the hysterical rhetoric across the country that Obama is planning to confiscate all guns. These lies are totally irresponsible and seem to have caused the murder of 3 Pittsburgh policemen!!  Nice going. The far right wackos will use ANY means to try to destroy this presidency no matter what the cost and no matter who gets hurt or dies!! For the record, The USSC recently ruled that gun personal ownership is a constitutional right. Therefore, guns can NOT be banned as DC had done for years. The screaming meemies know full well of that court decision yet they persist in their lies.  Also,  during  arguments of that case, Chief Justice Roberts reiterated government's right to regulate guns.....   but NOT ban them!!  You guys are truly desperate since your repudiation at the polls in 06 and 08!!
    Posted by TominNH1

Geez and here I would have thought the ones who shot the cops would have been the cause of the murders. But apparently I should have realized it was LIES that actually caused the murder of 3 policemen...silly me...boy don't I feel foolish....sigh

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pymus. Show Pymus's posts

Posted by TominNH1

WOW - What a lame stretch! Right now my thoughts are with the families of the murdered police officers. Using this issue to promote a political agenda is distasteful and appalling. May god have mercy on you!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomSinMA. Show TomSinMA's posts

It seems that the shooter himself said he committed this heinous act becuz he was afraid Obama was going to take away his guns.  It is also true that GOPers and NRA etc have indeed been preaching  that Obama was going to take away all our guns!!

QED!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

It seems that the shooter himself said he committed this heinous act becuz he was afraid Obama was going to take away his guns.  It is also true that GOPers and NRA etc have indeed been preaching  that Obama was going to take away all our guns!! QED!!
    Posted by TominNH1

Ok let me try to explain this to you. This person who committed murder had it in him to do. ANYTHING could have set him off. This is just one of many excuses that could be used. Bottomline is this person is a scumbag who thought nothing of taking a life. Has NOTHING to do with the possibility of his guns "being taken away". But of course you and your ilk think nothing of jumping all over the politics of the situation. Way to go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

The GOP kills a lot of Americans. It is what they do best. They are ten times worst than AQ.
    Posted by Kirk6

Explain please. In what way does the GOP kill more Americans? and in what way are they TEN times "worst" than AQ???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomSinMA. Show TomSinMA's posts

Dex,  i am only going by what the killer himself said.

http://dailydoubt.blogspot.com/2009/04/pittsburgh-police-killer-reportedly.html

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Dex,  i am only going by what the killer himself said. http://dailydoubt.blogspot.com/2009/04/pittsburgh-police-killer-reportedly.html
    Posted by TominNH1

Tom, so you over looked the FACT that he was also a neo-nazi, anti-semite and conspiracy theorist? I think it was the media and their love fest with Obama since this garbage also said... he believing most media were covering up important events.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

GOP Senator Phil Gramm de-regulated the financial markets which allowed the creation of the derivatives which destroyed the economy. The GOP nominated George Bush who got us into a useless war that killed 4,000 Americans, wounded 30,000, and cost us $700 billion dollars. The GOP stopped us from having universal healthcare which left millions of Americans without healthcare and undoubtly led to the premature death of many Americans. The GOP has stopped sensibly gun regulation which has allowed many more people to be killed by guns.
    Posted by Kirk6

Kirk, I know you hate facts but lets try together... 1. Gramm wrote the bill but your hero Billary signed the bill! Gramm as a senator couldn't "de-regulate the financial markets" 2. Why don't we hear anything about the 85 who have died since Obama took over? 3. The GOP stopped us from having the same crap health care as places like Canada, UK and France which has their wealthy citizens coming over here to be treated because they can afford PRIVATE INSURANCE!. 4. We have "sensible" gun control. What you don't seem to comprehend is guns don't kill, people do. Most guns used to kill are NOT legal guns. Your "sensible" regulation has done nothing to stop illegal guns just like the "war on drugs" you yell about has done nothing about illegal drugs. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

AND I THOUGHT IT WAS THE FAULT OF THE POLICE OPERATOR (WHO GOT THE JOB DUE TO AFFIRMATIVE ACTION) WHO DIDN'T TELL THE COPS THE GUY HAD A WEAPON.  AND THE LIBERAL COURT SYSTEM THAT DIDN'T KEEP THE KILLER BEHIND BARS. BTW, I LOVE YOUR FONT SIZE. IT IS AWESOME.
    Posted by 7x4

I wonder if they could have "patted" the killer down and "checked him for weapons". You know that is illegal here in Massachusetts unless the police see and confirm that "a killer" or someone has a weapon first before "patting them down" and checking for weapons.

Liberalism = the weakening of all of America's defenses

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

Dex,  i am only going by what the killer himself said. http://dailydoubt.blogspot.com/2009/04/pittsburgh-police-killer-reportedly.html
    Posted by TominNH1

Oh well if a murdering scumbag says so then we should all just take his word for it. Afterall he's a stand-up honorable person so his word MUST be good....sigh....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

GOP Senator Phil Gramm de-regulated the financial markets which allowed the creation of the derivatives which destroyed the economy. The GOP nominated George Bush who got us into a useless war that killed 4,000 Americans, wounded 30,000, and cost us $700 billion dollars. The GOP stopped us from having universal healthcare which left millions of Americans without healthcare and undoubtly led to the premature death of many Americans. The GOP has stopped sensibly gun regulation which has allowed many more people to be killed by guns.
    Posted by Kirk6

You do realize that Obama wants to continue on in Afghanistan right? Do you not think anyone is going to die while we're there???
    You have no proof that not having universal coverage has led to "premature" deaths. If you do they please share the link from a credible source. Otherwise stiffle.
    We already have gun regulations in place. You do realize that people are responsible for killing, not guns right? Guns don't suddenly go off by themselves. There needs to be a person holding the gun for it to work. People always have and always will do bad things. Whether there is more gun control or not. Deal with it.
    As for you comment on Phil Gramm....I think your have your facts a bit off target. I'll let this one go.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

Posted by TominNH1

You give credibility to insane people?  Seek help.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Posted by TominNH1

TominNh,
    the nut who killed 3 cops was, like Grim and Sheople on this board, a slavish follower of nutjob Alex Jones. 
    When nutjobs Grim and Sheople spewed their insane conspiracy theories when Bush was President, about how Bush was planning a coup, and Bush committed 9/11, I recall you lefties cheered them on! No accusation was too crazy, you agreed with what they said!
    So, by your logic above, YOU, TomInNH , cost 3 cops their lives, by encouraging nutjobs!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

This is just silly.  Why do liberals like to blame everybody EXCEPT the criminal??? 

Barack Obama WILL do everything he can to remove guns from the hands of law abiding Americans.  A 500% sales tax on guns and ammo is growing near.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

I wonder if they could have "patted" the killer down and "checked him for weapons". You know that is illegal here in Massachusetts unless the police see and confirm that "a killer" or someone has a weapon first before "patting them down" and checking for weapons. Liberalism = the weakening of all of America's defenses
    Posted by gabootwo2006

Actually the law (in place for the last 40 years) says that a cop needs a reasonable suspicion that he is armed before he can lay hands on someone.  The Bill of Rights was created to protect us from the power of the government.  You might want to read it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pymus. Show Pymus's posts

Actually the law (in place for the last 40 years) says that a cop needs a reasonable suspicion that he is armed before he can lay hands on someone.  The Bill of Rights was created to protect us from the power of the government.  You might want to read it. 
    Posted by Reubenhop

I hope the ACORN Brown Shirts will keep that in mind when they do their head bustin for Obama.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

Posted by Reubenhop

Well, the way I understood the law was that the police need to see a weapon first on a person/criminal before they can do anything. I really is a stupid law because DRUG DEALERS and other LOWLIFES can go around commiting crime and if the police come across them they can't pat them down even if they have a stong suspicion that they are carrying a weapon. I think they actually have to see the weapon first. Then again, I could be wrong because of how the law is interpreted.

In the paper yesterday, there was a report of drug dealer who had 50 bags of drugs on him......50!!!! Yet, the police patted him down for weapons and it went to court. Of course as always seems to happen, the Massacusetts court sided with the criminal due to an "illegal pat" and the drug charge was thrown out. It really is shameful that the police can't do their job do to the fact that there are so many loopholes for the criminal to get off on. SHAMEFUL.Cry

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

Posted by Reubenhop

True, Reuben, but the court wasn't reasonable on this one.  As I understand the facts, a known drug peddler was doing a deal at 4 a.m. in a high crime area.  If the officer could not be "reasonably suspicious" that a gun was present under those circumstances, I don't know what "reasonable" is.  And this conclusion was reached by judges who work in a building where, absent any indicator to the contrary, everyone who enters gets "frisked".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

I hope the ACORN Brown Shirts will keep that in mind when they do their head bustin for Obama.
    Posted by Pymus

I think you have been drinking.... a lot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Well, the way I understood the law was that the police need to see a weapon first on a person/criminal before they can do anything. I really is a stupid law because DRUG DEALERS and other LOWLIFES can go around commiting crime and if the police come across them they can't pat them down even if they have a stong suspicion that they are carrying a weapon. I think they actually have to see the weapon first. Then again, I could be wrong because of how the law is interpreted. In the paper yesterday, there was a report of drug dealer who had 50 bags of drugs on him......50!!!! Yet, the police patted him down for weapons and it went to court. Of course as always seems to happen, the Massacusetts court sided with the criminal due to an "illegal pat" and the drug charge was thrown out. It really is shameful that the police can't do their job do to the fact that there are so many loopholes for the criminal to get off on. SHAMEFUL.
    Posted by gabootwo2006

Gaboot:  No, a gun does not have to be flashed, but there has to be some facts to indicate that the guy might be armed.  Otherwise there would be pat downs every time somebody is in the "wrong" place at the "wrong" time, all as determined by the cop at the scene.  The possibility of abuse (particularly in minority dominated areas) would be ever present. 

The drugs on the suspect was only found after the search... a search that found NO weapons.  Do you find that odd?  Cops read the law too, but this cop did not read it well enough.   Next time his suspect will turn away and reach into his pocket before he initiates contact and a search.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFandango. Show GrimFandango's posts

Posted by TominNH1

Did you know that the Supreme Court ruling was a razor-thin 5/4 decision?  Not very comforting for something that should be 7/2 at the very least, and in my humble opinion a clear 9/0 sweep.  We are one little reversal away from losing our Constitution right to own firearms for our protection as the Founders clearly intended.

Oh, and Obomba?  On the record as a harsh critic of gun ownership.

His Chief of Staff, Rahmmie?  His fist proclamation was to get behind the odious Brady Bill and get the guns out of all our hands.

You may feel secure in this scenario, but those of us that are being targeted have grave and serious concerns.