GOPer outraged at the thought of SNAP recipients doing drugs, busted for coke; blames alcohol

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: GOPer outraged at the thought of SNAP recipients doing drugs, busted for coke; blames alcohol

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At least he can head north and party with Ford.

Rep. Trey Radel pleaded guilty this morning to misdemeanor cocaine possession and was sentenced by a D.C. judge to one year's probation. "I've hit a bottom where I realize I need help," the first-term Republican congressman told the judge, acknowledging that he bought 3.5 grams of coke from an undercover agent late last month. Here's the Washington Post with more on how the Florida congressman got busted:

Radel and a friend of his met an undercover agent at a restaurant in Dupont Circle at 10 p.m. on Oct. 29, prosecutors said in court. Radel asked the friend and the agent to go with him to his home. The agent declined. Radel then purchased 3.5 grams of cocaine, estimated to be worth $250, from the agent in his car.

After the transaction was made, officers stormed the vehicle, and Radel dropped the drugs. He allegedly invited the officers back to his apartment to discuss the incident. When officers went to the home, they found a vial containing cocaine.

News of the charges surfaced yesterday evening, and Radel quickly expressed regret in a public statement. "I struggle with the disease of alcoholism, and this led to an extremely irresponsible choice," he said. "As the father of a young son and a husband to a loving wife, I need to get help so I can be a better man for both of them."

The freshman lawmaker has made no mention of the possibility of stepping down, and from the sounds of it won't be pressured to by his party's leaders. "Members of Congress should be held to the highest standards, and the alleged crime will be handled by the courts. Beyond that, this is between Rep. Radel, his family, and his constituents," said a spokesman for John Boehner. According to the AP, Radel is the first sitting congressman to be charged with a drug offense since 1982.

This post has been updated.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/11/20/trey_radel_gop_freshman_pleads_guilty_to_coke_possession.html

"This is a clear and obvious problem in our communities as nearly 30 states have introduced legislation to drug test for welfare programs," Hudson said. "We have a moral obligation to equip the states with the tools they need to discourage the use of illegal drugs."

Clearly. You might end up in congress.

[/QUOTE]

I think we should check our elected official for drugs.  Most companies require a clean drug screen in order to work for them like Home Depot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: GOPer outraged at the thought of SNAP recipients doing drugs, busted for coke; blames alcohol

Is he a SNAP recipient? If, not then what does his objection to SNAP recipients who do drugs being cut off from other peoples money have to do with anything?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

I think his problem with SNAPers is not that they do drugs but that we are paying for them to do drugs. I am guessing this guy paid for his drugs out of his own pocket.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]At least he can head north and party with Ford.[/QUOTE]

Hell, he could just go over to the White House if only they'd let a Republican in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think his problem with SNAPers is not that they do drugs but that we are paying for them to do drugs. I am guessing this guy paid for his drugs out of his own pocket.

[/QUOTE]

He is earning taxpayer money though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Who does he think he is, a Kennedy? He should resign immediately.

Drug tests for SNAP recipients? 

Just the beginning. Before you know it, the right wing fascists will ask a few of the 48 million getting food stamps to work, like in the bad old days, pre-Obama.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There's also the seperate problem of being publicly anti-drug, and privately pro-drug. Begins with an "h"

[/QUOTE]
    The imaginary problem....the usual idiocy that 'conservatives' are hypocrites if they screw up, so somehow it is different.

Whereas a pro-drug politician who supports decriminalizing drugs publicly can stay high 24/7 privately , and can be a heroin dealer and make millions....at least he isnt a hypocrite, right? No problem!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]There's also the seperate problem of being publicly anti-drug, and privately pro-drug. Begins with an "h"[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean like how President Obama has glorified his younger days of choom smoking while his administration cracks down on medical marijuana dispensaries in states in which it is legal?

That kind of "h?"

Note: I'm not defending this Republican idiot in any way, just pointing out the "h."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget13. Show movingtarget13's posts

[QUOTE]

Rep. Trey Radel pleaded guilty this morning to misdemeanor cocaine possession and was sentenced by a D.C. judge to one year's probation. "I've hit a bottom where I realize I need help," the first-term Republican congressman told the judge, acknowledging that he bought 3.5 grams of coke from an undercover agent late last month. Here's the Washington Post with more on how the Florida congressman got busted:

Radel and a friend of his met an undercover agent at a restaurant in Dupont Circle at 10 p.m. on Oct. 29, prosecutors said in court. Radel asked the friend and the agent to go with him to his home. The agent declined. Radel then purchased 3.5 grams of cocaine, estimated to be worth $250, from the agent in his car.

After the transaction was made, officers stormed the vehicle, and Radel dropped the drugs. He allegedly invited the officers back to his apartment to discuss the incident. When officers went to the home, they found a vial containing cocaine.

News of the charges surfaced yesterday evening, and Radel quickly expressed regret in a public statement. "I struggle with the disease of alcoholism, and this led to an extremely irresponsible choice," he said. "As the father of a young son and a husband to a loving wife, I need to get help so I can be a better man for both of them."

The freshman lawmaker has made no mention of the possibility of stepping down, and from the sounds of it won't be pressured to by his party's leaders. "Members of Congress should be held to the highest standards, and the alleged crime will be handled by the courts. Beyond that, this is between Rep. Radel, his family, and his constituents," said a spokesman for John Boehner. According to the AP, Radel is the first sitting congressman to be charged with a drug offense since 1982.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/11/20/trey_radel_gop_freshman_pleads_guilty_to_coke_possession.html

"This is a clear and obvious problem in our communities as nearly 30 states have introduced legislation to drug test for welfare programs," Hudson said. "We have a moral obligation to equip the states with the tools they need to discourage the use of illegal drugs."

[/QUOTE]

Could these guys be any freakin dumber?

Seriously................is there a moron-test attached to the paperwork needed to file to run for public office?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Personally buying an 8 ball from a stranger when you're a Congressman? 

I think his awful decision making skills bothers me more than the actual drug use or drug testing hypocricy.    

Time to step down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

There's also the seperate problem of being publicly anti-drug, and privately pro-drug. Begins with an "h"

[/QUOTE]

Is he anti-drug or just anti people getting public money and doing drugs?

Politicians should represent their consituencies demands more than themselves in policy issue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is earning taxpayer money though. A bit of a difference earning it in return for services rendered as opposed to being given something for nothing as a benefit/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His statement is somewhat ambiguous in terms of "morality".

There is another hypocrisy problem here and it is with government. The government has a moral obligation to make sure that taxpayer funds are not used for purposes for which they were not intended, in this case purchase of drugs and supporting the addiction of someone who is potentiall iso addicted they can't afford food because they pay for their drug habit first.

The state, which make use of drugs a criminal act is hypocritical in supporting users with taxpayer benefits, then arresting them for doing what they have enabled in the first place. That is why SNAPers should be tested for drugs. It is due diligence on the part of the state for dispersing benefits.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is he anti-drug or just anti people getting public money and doing drugs?

Politicians should represent their consituencies demands more than themselves in policy issue.

[/QUOTE]

I think he is both, but from my perspective it really doesn't matter much. If you're going to make statements about how drugs are bad as a politician, or take anti-drug stances, you really shouldn't be doing drugs.

And again: I'm a libertarian on the drug issue. Like, pure libertarian. Legalize everything and come up with other approaches to addiction. (No, don't sell cocaine to 16 year olds --- I think restrictions like those around alcohol are resonable).

But as long as drugs are illegal and politicians are anti-drug in any way, I'm pissed if they're going to be doing those drugs. F that.

[/QUOTE]

You "think" he's both. So, you choose to be offended or "pissed" based on a hypothetical thought?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"Legalize everything and come up with other approaches to addiction."

Libertarian no doubt on the indiscriminate use of drugs...

"Other approaches to addiction" no doubt means very non-libertarian bureaucratic failed "programs" by which criminal thieving 'addicts' are sent to exotic locales at taxpayer expense and 'counseled' by former addicts (who couldnt get any other job), coddled and told it is never  their fault, and that is is OK if they fail at rehab...lather, rinse and repeat numerous times for the same addicts....

Correct? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sorry to burst your bubble, but choom gang starts with a "c".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just picked ONE statement. He's made others, and they all aren't about SNAP. Honestly I didn't expect this to be much of a point of contention... 

[/QUOTE]

So, let me get this straight: if you snort cocaine, you can't be against food stamps?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just picked ONE statement. He's made others, and they all aren't about SNAP. Honestly I didn't expect this to be much of a point of contention... 

[/QUOTE]

So, let me get this straight: if you snort cocaine, you can't be against food stamps?

[/QUOTE]

It is hard to keep up with all the twists and turns of the liberal "hypocrisy" mantra. It is quite convoluted, but can be summarized as follows: 

Conservative bad, liberal good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is hard to keep up with all the twists and turns of the liberal "hypocrisy" mantra. It is quite convoluted, but can be summarized as follows: 

Conservative bad, liberal good.

[/QUOTE]

That's about it.

hey, is it hypocritical for them to claim they are fixing the healthcare market when they end up destroying it?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So, let me get this straight

[/QUOTE]

I think you'll need to petition Oz for a new brain before that happens.

[/QUOTE]

^^^ That's wdywn's response when he is out of ideas and beaten.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

Somehow, tvoter fails to recognize that he is doing precisely what he alleges someone else did. As always. Shocker.

[/QUOTE]

lol ok.....cya

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to movingtarget13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Could these guys be any freakin dumber?

Seriously................is there a moron-test attached to the paperwork needed to file to run for public office?

[/QUOTE]

I have been told that using cocaine does not tend to enhance one's decision making...Congressman or not. 

[/QUOTE]

I guess Obama must be on crack then?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.