Gov. Christie Praises President Obama

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Gov. Christie Praises President Obama

One of Mitt Romney's biggest supporters, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, had nothing but praise for President Barack Obama today, as his state prepares to rebuild from the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy.

"I have to say, the administration, the president, himself and FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate have been outstanding with us so far," Christie said on Good Morning America. "We have a great partnership with them."

Christie told ABC's George Stephanopoulos that Obama called him on Monday night around midnight to ask if there was anything else the federal government could do to help. Christie added that they worked together to move forward with a Major Disaster Declaration for New Jersey.

The Major Disaster Declaration provides funding for recovery efforts, including infrastructure projects, temporary housing, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property loss and assistance to individuals and businesses.

"He worked on that last night with me…offered any other assets that we needed to help," Christie said. "I want to thank the president personally for his personal attention to this."

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/gov-christie-praises-president-obama-124558550--abc-news-politics.html

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Gov. Christie Praises President Obama

William Fugate, was previously Director of the Florida Division of Emergency Management under Jeb Bush and did a great job. 

So Obama had the good sense to hire an experienced manager for FEMA. On the face of it it would seem to be the kind of smart decision a businessman like Romney would make. But no. In order to appeal to Tea Party, and the Grover Norquist "drown the federal government in the bathtub" wing of the Republican Party, Romney proposes 50 state mini EMAs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Christie might want Obama to win - a Romney win means he has to wait 8 years if he wants to run.  Christie was also the only Republican to set a high bar for Romney before the first debate, and he gave probably the most self-promoting speech at the GOP convention.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:

You 'accuse' Christie of subverting Romney for his own political aspirations?

Sweet !

I just love HOW liberals think.. or pretend to. Truly a social disease.

I never pegged you for such a delicate flower!  No, I'm sure all the Republican governors get together at book club meetings, sit in a circle and talk about their feelings.

Did you know Christie sued the last Republican who beat him in a primary?

If you don't think political ambition might be a factor, why praise the president at all?  He could have complained about the response, or just avoided the question.  You think he's just ignorant of the optics a week before the election?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

One of Mitt Romney's biggest supporters, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, had nothing but praise for President Barack Obama today, as his state prepares to rebuild from the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy.

"I have to say, the administration, the president, himself and FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate have been outstanding with us so far," Christie said on Good Morning America. "We have a great partnership with them."

Christie told ABC's George Stephanopoulos that Obama called him on Monday night around midnight to ask if there was anything else the federal government could do to help. Christie added that they worked together to move forward with a Major Disaster Declaration for New Jersey.

The Major Disaster Declaration provides funding for recovery efforts, including infrastructure projects, temporary housing, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property loss and assistance to individuals and businesses.

"He worked on that last night with me…offered any other assets that we needed to help," Christie said. "I want to thank the president personally for his personal attention to this."

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/gov-christie-praises-president-obama-124558550--abc-news-politics.html

Well the President made the right decision; albeit late because he had already landed in FL for a funded raiser and said holy krap there's a hurricane and I should be in DC in the response bunker. He high tailed it out of there to beat the hurricance back to DC, at the expense of a few 747 carbon credits.

Once he got there he looked very Presidential and provided comfort and leadership to our embattled east coast.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

It was in context of the storm.

I can't possibly imagine anything else Barry Bo has done well except dividing the country

It is your republican party that divides this country.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Wait, wait, I think that means he now endorses Obama...yes, yes of course. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Christie is not as partisan as some. He actually has an understanding that at times like this..we are all in it together. I think this is really what this election is going to come down to. Either you believe that we are all in it together...or it's every man(woman, child) for himself. That is really the dividing line between the two extremes.

I make this generalization about the right..because I truly feel that the age of the compassionate conservative is gone. In today's GOP..both Bushes and Reagan would be considered too liberal.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Does Christie really want Romney to be President?  

If Christie wants to run for President in the future, then he'd be better off with Obama getting re-elected.  That makes 2016 run a possibility.

and if he doesn't want to run, then does Romney in the WH make it harder for him to govern New Jersey?  Romney has said he wants to make the Federal government smaller, which really means making state government bigger.  Cuts in welfare and other entitlement programs will slam states like New Jersey.

and of course, no one who has ever met Romney actually likes him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

If Christie wants to run for President in the future, then he'd be better off with Obama getting re-elected.  That makes 2016 run a possibility.

and if he doesn't want to run, then does Romney in the WH make it harder for him to govern New Jersey?  Romney has said he wants to make the Federal government smaller, which really means making state government bigger.  Cuts in welfare and other entitlement programs will slam states like New Jersey.

So Chris Christie, whose early endorsement of Romney was a big help to Mitt, who spends much time campaigning for Romney, and was almost his running mate, actually wants Romney to lose so Christie can run in 2016?

And, to that end, Christie said that Obama did a good job in hurricane relief, to deviously help elect Obama ?

Seek help for paranoid delusions...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to BetheKoolaid's comment:

So Chris Christie, whose early endorsement of Romney was a big help to Mitt, who spends much time campaigning for Romney, and was almost his running mate, actually wants Romney to lose so Christie can run in 2016?

And, to that end, Christie said that Obama did a good job in hurricane relief, to deviously help elect Obama ?

Seek help for paranoid delusions...

These guys don't do or say anything without a motive.

Campaigning for Romney does several things for Cristie.  Gives him experience.  Gives him contacts.  Lets him schmooze potential donors.  Helps him build a national network.  Was never going to be Romneys running mate.

a Romney presidency almost guarantees that he has to raise taxes.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Sweet !

That's because liberals, beneath the "can't we all just allong" facade, are really just evil little trolls looking to destroy and control.  It makes sense to them to interpret this as undercutting. That's how liberals operate.  For them, it is all about what is in their wallets, while they complain what is in your wallet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

...but then again key Obama staffers have said that Obama doesn't like people; just the image in the mirror of his wonderful self.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Sweet !

That's because liberals, beneath the "can't we all just allong" facade, are really just evil little trolls looking to destroy and control.  It makes sense to them to interpret this as undercutting. That's how liberals operate.  For them, it is all about what is in their wallets, while they complain what is in your wallet.

Wow, mix ideology and paranoia along with a big dash of conspiracy theory and voila: skeetard!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Christie is not as partisan as some. He actually has an understanding that at times like this..we are all in it together. I think this is really what this election is going to come down to. Either you believe that we are all in it together...or it's every man(woman, child) for himself. That is really the dividing line between the two extremes.

I make this generalization about the right..because I truly feel that the age of the compassionate conservative is gone. In today's GOP..both Bushes and Reagan would be considered too liberal.

Christie was man enough to put politics aside and be honest during this terrible situation for the people of New Jersey. I have some respect for him now. Of course, he'll be called on the proverbial carpet by Faux News for his transgression.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Sweet !

You're so full of cr8p.  If Hillary was praising Romney for anything right now, under any circumstances, I'd be saying the same thing.  In fact, I think the reason the Clintons are being so supportive right now is that they are betting on the economy to continue to improve, making 2016 an easier run for Hillary with Obama in office.

I like my politicians better than your politicians, but let's face it - their all politicians.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Christie is simple giving credit where credit is due, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Ya, it was big of him....I mean not in a weight way but...not that he's a big fat guy...I mean not that there's anything wrong with him being overweight...just that .....aw forget it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

One interesting thing about Christie's statements on the Hurricane is his abject wrath at the people who wouldn't evacuate islands as commanded. He said they were being selfish because if they got into trouble, money (and possibly blood) would have to be spent to save them.

Which is rather the point of the insurance mandate he opposes.

Well said :)

Sections
Shortcuts