Great Moments in Socialized Medicine

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

Great Moments in Socialized Medicine

"A mentally ill, suicidal teenager was ferried around for hours by an ambulance crew because no NHS [National Health Service] unit would accept her," reports the BBC:

[A paramedic] wrote that the first hospital they took her to, believed to be the main psychiatric hospital in Ipswich, St Clements, "declined to accept the patient as she was a juvenile" so the ambulance was diverted to the local juvenile psychiatry facility.
    They were unable to accept the patient as the staff were on an "away day", the memo reports. It is understood this facility would not have been the agreed "place of safety" for such a patient anyway.
    The receptionist suggested they contact someone from the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service nearby.
    When the crew got there, they were told the patient could not be accepted.
    Another unit was suggested, but this would not be open until four days later.
    The patient was then taken to A&E at Ipswich Hospital, but the crew was again told the patient could not be accepted there because she had been sectioned under the Mental Health Act.
    The paramedic said: "As there was no alternative available, we had to convey the patient to the police cells as a place of safety. This was the wrong environment for this sick and vulnerable child."
    A Suffolk Police custody log confirmed the girl was kept in the cells for six hours between 1700 GMT and 2300 GMT.

None of this would have happened if the paramedics had listened to former Enron adviser Paul Krugman: "In Britain, the government itself runs the hospitals and employs the doctors. We've all heard scare stories about how that works in practice; these stories are false."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

Re: Great Moments in Socialized Medicine

In Response to Great Moments in Socialized Medicine:
     None of this would have happened if the paramedics had listened to former Enron adviser Paul Krugman: "In Britain, the government itself runs the hospitals and employs the doctors. We've all heard scare stories about how that works in practice; these stories are false."
    Posted by 7x4[/QUOTE]

Interesting story but nobody's talking about the government running the hospitals or employing the doctors here in America.  The fact that you are defending a former ENRON advisor speaks volumes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

The fact that you don't recognize sarcasm in referencing Paul Krugman (Professor of Economics and International Affairs at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University, Centenary Professor at the London School of Economics, and an op-ed columnist for The New York Times.[4][5] In 2008, Krugman won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics for his contributions to New Trade Theory and New Economic Geography. He was voted sixth in Prospect Magazine's 2005 global poll of the world's top 100 intellectuals.) says volumes about your ability to have well rounded conversations.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

In Response to Re: Great Moments in Socialized Medicine:
    [QUOTE]The fact that you don't recognize sarcasm in referencing Paul Krugman (Professor of Economics and International Affairs at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs , Princeton University , Centenary Professor at the London School of Economics , and an op-ed columnist for The New York Times . [ 4 ] [ 5 ] In 2008, Krugman won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics for his contributions to New Trade Theory and New Economic Geography . He was voted sixth in Prospect Magazine 's 2005 global poll of the world's top 100 intellectuals.) says volumes about your ability to have well rounded conversations.
    Posted by 7x4[/QUOTE]

I still don't understand why you would reference someone like that "sarcastically".  If anyone understands that kind of sarcasm, will you explain it to me?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

we can all cherry pick stories

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

We know

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeutralObserver. Show NeutralObserver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Moments in Socialized Medicine : Interesting story but nobody's talking about the government running the hospitals or employing the doctors here in America.  The fact that you are defending a former ENRON advisor speaks volumes. Posted by giraffe-77[/QUOTE] Guess who created the carbon trading exchange that is a core part of Obama's Cap and Trade  plan?????????? Could it be Enron????
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

Could you point me to some info on Enron creating a carbon trading exchange?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

In Response to Re: Great Moments in Socialized Medicine : I still don't understand why you would reference someone like that "sarcastically".  If anyone understands that kind of sarcasm, will you explain it to me?
    Posted by giraffe-77

More evidence the left has no sense (of humor).  Carry on you plebe.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

Is there anything Rasmussen Reports won't take a poll on? From the firm's latest release:
    In one sample, John Fund was viewed favorably by 12% of voters and unfavorably by 22%. . . . However, when Fund was identified with the Wall Street Journal, his numbers jumped to 34% favorable and 20% unfavorable.

But mentioning the New York Times seems to have the opposite effect:

Most voters (55%) don't know enough about [former Enron adviser] Paul Krugman to venture even a soft opinion about him. Those with an opinion are fairly evenly divided—22% favorable and 22% unfavorable. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just one-in-10 voters has a strong opinion about Krugman, with four percent (4%) voicing a Very Favorable opinion and six percent (6%) a Very Unfavorable view.
    But if people are asked about New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, the numbers shift significantly. Once he is identified with that publication, his unfavorable ratings jump 15 points to 37%. The number with a Very Unfavorable view more than triples to 20%. However, Krugman's favorable ratings show little improvement, inching up only three points to 25%.

Rasmussen says the results "highlight the importance of question wording, especially for lesser known people such as Krugman." To our mind, though, the more significant finding is that the New York Times is even more unpopular than Enron.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

In Response to Re: Great Moments in Socialized Medicine : More evidence the left has no sense (of humor).  Carry on you plebe.
    Posted by 7x4

You can't explain yourself, so you toss out insults.  Soooo typical.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

“Never explain -- your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyhow.”

Not sure who this quote came from but it's so true.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

Is there anything Rasmussen Reports won't take a poll on? From the firm's latest release: In one sample, John Fund was viewed favorably by 12% of voters and unfavorably by 22%. . . . However, when Fund was identified with the Wall Street Journal, his numbers jumped to 34% favorable and 20% unfavorable. But mentioning the New York Times seems to have the opposite effect: Most voters (55%) don't know enough about [former Enron adviser] Paul Krugman to venture even a soft opinion about him. Those with an opinion are fairly evenly divided—22% favorable and 22% unfavorable. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just one-in-10 voters has a strong opinion about Krugman, with four percent (4%) voicing a Very Favorable opinion and six percent (6%) a Very Unfavorable view. But if people are asked about New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, the numbers shift significantly. Once he is identified with that publication, his unfavorable ratings jump 15 points to 37%. The number with a Very Unfavorable view more than triples to 20%. However, Krugman's favorable ratings show little improvement, inching up only three points to 25%. Rasmussen says the results "highlight the importance of question wording, especially for lesser known people such as Krugman." To our mind, though, the more significant finding is that the New York Times is even more unpopular than Enron.
    Posted by 7x4

Einstein was devastated when his brilliant theories were used to create the atomic bomb and slaughter innocents.  He documented that in an open letter to the world.  Krugman sounds like a brilliant economist who was used by ENRON to rip off the American public.  I still don't understand your joke.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

In Response to Re: Great Moments in Socialized Medicine : You can't explain yourself, so you toss out insults.  Soooo typical.
    Posted by giraffe-77

A humorless plonk. Some things can't be explained. Such as your lack of humor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Moments in Socialized Medicine : You can't explain yourself, so you toss out insults.  Soooo typical.
    Posted by giraffe-77[/QUOTE]

BTW.  Your profile photo is the same one they use in those "work from home,  make millions per year" advertising rip offs.  It's identical, but in reverse.  Makes me wonder....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

In Response to Re: Great Moments in Socialized Medicine : BTW.  Your profile photo is the same one they use in those "work from home,  make millions per year" advertising rip offs.  It's identical, but in reverse.  Makes me wonder....
    Posted by giraffe-77

Amazing. Powers. Of Observation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

In Response to Re: Great Moments in Socialized Medicine : Amazing. Powers. Of Observation.
    Posted by 7x4

I can't think of one time when I haven't been able to explain a joke or sarcasm to someone who didn't "get it".  And when I don't "get it", I'm always willing to admit it and then I understand.  Maybe you are the one without sense (of humor).  I think you're hiding a rude comment by claiming it was just a joke that I'm too stupid to get.  I'm over this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great Moments in Socialized Medicine : I can't think of one time when I haven't been able to explain a joke or sarcasm to someone who didn't "get it".  And when I don't "get it", I'm always willing to admit it and then I understand.  Maybe you are the one without sense (of humor).  I think you're hiding a rude comment by claiming it was just a joke that I'm too stupid to get.  I'm over this.
    Posted by giraffe-77[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you are the funniest person you know.

Sections
Shortcuts