Great Scott: the success of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Great Scott: the success of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker

In Response to Re: Great Scott: the success of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker:
    So "successful" that he prompted the single-largest recall petition in american history.
    Posted by MattyScornD

Of which 100,000 to 200,000 signatures are fraudulent. Why do Democrats want to protect voter fraud?

http://news.investors.com/Article/601209/201202141851/voter-registration-flaws-expose-elections-to-fraud-.htm?src=IBDDAE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from altonjones. Show altonjones's posts

Seems like Matty and Airborne have run away from this one, you know, someone should keep score....

I see a trend with some of these threads.........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

In Response to Re: Great Scott: the success of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker : Of which 100,000 to 200,000 signatures are fraudulent. Why do Democrats want to protect voter fraud? http://news.investors.com/Article/601209/201202141851/voter-registration-flaws-expose-elections-to-fraud-.htm?src=IBDDAE
    Posted by StalkingButler

BOOM!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In Response to Re: Great Scott: the success of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker : Of which 100,000 to 200,000 signatures are fraudulent. Why do Democrats want to protect voter fraud? http://news.investors.com/Article/601209/201202141851/voter-registration-flaws-expose-elections-to-fraud-.htm?src=IBDDAE
    Posted by StalkingButler

This article doesn't mention Wisconsin even once.  Do you have a better link to back up your bogus claim?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Posted by StalkingButler

Says who??  You?!  Redstate?

The link you posted says nothing about the WI recall petition...

...of which well more than DOUBLE the required number of signatures were submitted...

...and represent about a half of the votes cast in 2010 in WI.

Keep swinging, casey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Great Scott: the success of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker : To be fair the Right has their fair share of cherry pickers and liars...but I will say no one does it better than airborne and kirk...they've brought it to a new level...it's an art form with them.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink

Well, when you are basically being paid by unions to sit in front of a screen all day and make things up... yah, more time to carefully craft a lie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In Response to Re: Great Scott: the success of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker : Says who??  You?!  Redstate? The link you posted says nothing about the WI recall petition... ...of which well more than DOUBLE the required number of signatures were submitted... ...and represent about a half of the votes cast in 2010 in WI. Keep swinging, casey.
    Posted by MattyScornD

BOOM!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Great Scott: the success of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker : BOOM!
    Posted by UserName99

why don't you "BOOM!" any of my posts?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from altonjones. Show altonjones's posts

In Response to Re: Great Scott: the success of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker : What your link actually says is this: Suffrage: A new study finds that nearly 2 million dead people remain on voter registration rolls. So tell us again why Democrats oppose voter ID laws that would help prevent these errant registrations from being exploited? The Pew Center on the States study found that our country's voter registration system is "plagued with errors and inefficiencies." That's putting it mildly. As many as 24 million registrations are invalid or contain significant errors, including almost 3 million who are registered in two or more states and 1.8 million dead people still listed as active voters. Obviously this is a problem states must fix, and the sooner the better. As Pew notes, most states still use antiquated and enormously expensive paper systems ill-equipped to handle a mobile society. In an age when direct mail companies can easily keep track of you through several moves, this is entirely unacceptable. Just as important is how this flawed system highlights the need for tougher voter ID laws. After all, if 2 million dead people are on the active voter rolls, how difficult would it be to use those registrations to illicitly tip a close election? Yet Democrats are pummeling states trying to impose picture ID laws to protect against this kind of fraud. They vetoed such laws in Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire and North Carolina. The Justice Department blocked South Carolina's new photo ID law. And NAACP President Benjamin Jealous attacked the reforms as "the greatest assault on voting rights ... since the dawn of Jim Crow." Democrats make two bogus arguments. First, that ballot fraud isn't "widespread" enough to merit the new requirement, as though there's such a thing as a tolerable level of fraud. Second, that picture ID laws would suppress voter turnout among minorities. In fact, states with picture ID laws go out of their way to make sure everyone who needs an ID can get one. Plus, turnout in Indiana and Georgia swelled after their laws went into effect, and  the Supreme Court already ruled that picture ID laws don't infringe on anyone's right to vote. Given this, it's hard to escape the conclusion that Democrats count on exploiting an inept and tattered registration system to help them win close elections. If that isn't the case, they should prove it by backing a reform that would do much to protect the sanctity of the ballot box. That's an argument for fixing the voter roll system. You need solid proof of fraud to convince me it's a massive concern. of course didn't we all go over this in detail: http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aNewsForum%3a9523Discussion%3a6b24a6b8-baba-42ef-8f57-ca9d2441e049 So, to copy paste my view on voter ID laws, in light of a voter roll problem, I said: With voter ID requirements, I initially had no reservations, provided those for whom an ID is a serious hardship can get one for free (and obviousyl, can actually get to the place these are issued). In light of Wisconsin did I am increasingly hesitatnt. When a voter ID law passed, the governor (R) did two things: 1. Closed down 10-16 facilities where an ID could be obtained, and shrunk hours of others, in Democrat-heavy areas; 2. Used the money saved to increase the hours of facilities where an ID could be obtained in Republican-heavy areas. This can easily be dug up, by searching either BDC forums or NY TImes for something like "voter ID Wisconsin". I've posted it here before. Either way, my question stands. If what bobin posted is accurate, the systems for maintaining accurate voter rolls are obviously completely F'd. But is there any solid evidence of voter fraud? My recollection is that Bush had the DOJ seriously look into this from 2003-2007, and the search yielded roughly 80 convictinos. EIGHTY. Nation-wide. And this wasn't even dead people voting, these were primarily stuff like legal green card people tryign to vote but not understanding the rules (or delibeartely scheming, the interpretation doesn't really matter).
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

"When a voter ID law passed, the governor (R) did two things: 1. Closed down 10-16 facilities where an ID could be obtained, and shrunk hours of others, in Democrat-heavy areas; 2. Used the money saved to increase the hours of facilities where an ID could be obtained in Republican-heavy areas. This can easily be dug up, by searching either BDC forums or NY TImes for something like "voter ID Wisconsin". I've posted it here before. Either way, my question stands. If what bobin posted is accurate, the systems for maintaining accurate voter rolls are obviously completely F'd. But is there any solid evidence of voter fra"

Ha, you have proof that the WI governor did this, Okey dokey Smokey!

Sections
Shortcuts