Guardians of the Free Republics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Guardians of the Free Republics

In Response to Re: Guardians of the Free Republics:
    If you (not you hawkeye, a generic "you") keep repeating over and over that Obama is a "tyrant" and that "it's time to water the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants" to heavily armed, angry people... well, you do the math. The rhetoric has gotten divorced from reality and it is charging up a lot of unstable people IMO. People were doing that for eight years when Bush was in office. Calling him a Nazi and a tyrant and even going so far as wishing his death yet nothing happened. My point is if people want to do something they will regardless of some letter. The authorities even state that the letter had no threats in it.
    Posted by hawkeye01

Hawkeye, don't let these progressives get you down.  Of course you are right by any objective standard.  They are the one's who are promoting tyranny, tyranny in the health care market, tyranny in the financial markets, tyranny is the only place they are comfortable.  Or should I say, they are comfortable when it is them who are doing the wailing, as it is justified.  but, when it is against them, then, well, you are out of line.  Sounds Chavez-like to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

In Response to Re: Guardians of the Free Republics : I don't think anyone is saying the TPers shouldn't be able to assemble, to carry dumb/threatening signs, or even come armed, assuming they have a permit I certainly don't want to shut them up, or shut Palin up, or any of the other talking heads. They're providing a tremendous service to the left But i don't think the left is playing this up at all. There isn't just speculation about what they might do, there's actual evidence about what they've done or, in some cases, have planned to do. To many of these people are on the edge. They're extremely angry, highly irrational, incredibly impressionable ,and the people that have influence on them are stirring it up further.
    Posted by Hansonbrother

HAHAHAHA OMG you got me rolling now, I've never laughed so much in my life after reading your post, how do you look in the mirror at yourself?

And you say you never post anything "untrue", bwaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Your first sentence is so false it must have crashed your computer!!!!!!!!

The left wants to silence the Tea Party Group, they want to find a way to keep them from assembling, they want to take away their guns, they want to shut them up, and they all (including you) wish Sarah Palin would drop dead.  Fear brings out the worst of people, jeebus cripes what a moron you are!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

I just love it when a self appointed group tries to "fix" America by threatening the majority vote elected officers. So they can preserve our rights? How about the right to vote for the people the majority likes?
    Posted by topaz978

Yah, those code pink girls broads need to shut up!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Years ago, my friend and I identified eccentrics we would see at Republican rallies by the number of pens they had crammed in their shirt pocket. The more pens the kookier. Words to live by. 'Course he was scanning the crowd mostly to try and meet girls.
    Recently I attended a Tea Party meeting, and almost all the people looked and acted low- key and normal, though there were a few seeming oddballs, passing out literature. And true to form, pens stuffed in shirt pockets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

" I can't vouch for every member of the tea party, code pink, or any other political group, but it seems to me the left is really playing games here" I can't vouch for them either, I can only tell you that I am sincerely worried about the over-the-top rhetoric from some on the right and the climate it is leading to - no games here.
    Posted by DanCP

Were you concerned when left-wing nuts fire-bombing buildings at the G8 summit? Were you this concerned when Cindy Sheehan et al protested all over the country calling Bush a murderer and saying he should be tried and put to death?

The over-the-top rhetoric has been out the for about 12 years now. Started late 90's when the whole impeachment thing fell apart. Why is the "concerned" left only now "concerned"?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Guardians of the Free Republics : some of them showed up in Washington with guns
    Posted by Hansonbrother

That is another of the Hansonbrothers' lies! No body showed up in DC with guns! WRONG!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansonbrother. Show Hansonbrother's posts

In Response to Re: Guardians of the Free Republics : HAHAHAHA OMG you got me rolling now, I've never laughed so much in my life after reading your post, how do you look in the mirror at yourself? And you say you never post anything "untrue", bwaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! Your first sentence is so false it must have crashed your computer!!!!!!!! The left wants to silence the Tea Party Group, they want to find a way to keep them from assembling, they want to take away their guns, they want to shut them up, and they all (including you) wish Sarah Palin would drop dead.  Fear brings out the worst of people, jeebus cripes what a moron you are!!!!!!!
    Posted by cookie-rojas

I don't want them silenced. I definitely don't want Palin silenced either

both are a godsend to the left

sorry to disappoint you

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Guardians of the Free Republics : I don't think anyone is saying the TPers shouldn't be able to assemble, to carry dumb/threatening signs, or even come armed, assuming they have a permit I certainly don't want to shut them up, or shut Palin up, or any of the other talking heads. They're providing a tremendous service to the left But i don't think the left is playing this up at all. There isn't just speculation about what they might do, there's actual evidence about what they've done or, in some cases, have planned to do. To many of these people are on the edge. They're extremely angry, highly irrational, incredibly impressionable ,and the people that have influence on them are stirring it up further.
    Posted by Hansonbrother

Look up Ruby Ridge. It has been happening in America for decades.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: Guardians of the Free Republics : Hawkeye, don't let these progressives get you down.  Of course you are right by any objective standard.  They are the one's who are promoting tyranny, tyranny in the health care market, tyranny in the financial markets, tyranny is the only place they are comfortable.  Or should I say, they are comfortable when it is them who are doing the wailing, as it is justified.  but, when it is against them, then, well, you are out of line.  Sounds Chavez-like to me.
    Posted by skeeter20

You have no idea what tyranny really is.  Living in a demcratic republic means that sometimes the votes go in a different way.  Best get used to it because the alternative is in fat tyranny.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansonbrother. Show Hansonbrother's posts

In Response to Re: Guardians of the Free Republics : Look up Ruby Ridge. It has been happening in America for decades.
    Posted by brat13

so that makes it okay!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansonbrother. Show Hansonbrother's posts

In Response to Re: Guardians of the Free Republics : You have no idea what tyranny really is.  Living in a demcratic republic means that sometimes the votes go in a different way.  Best get used to it because the alternative is in fat tyranny.
    Posted by Reubenhop

the majority making decisions and voting on them is tyranny now. Didn't you hear?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Guardians of the Free Republics : so that makes it okay!
    Posted by Hansonbrother

No, I didn't say it was. BUT I want the left to understand this BS wasn't invented when Obama because POTUS. You seem to think it did.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansonbrother. Show Hansonbrother's posts

In Response to Re: Guardians of the Free Republics : No, I didn't say it was. BUT I want the left to understand this BS wasn't invented when Obama because POTUS. You seem to think it did.
    Posted by brat13

no, I don't

I just think it's getting worse

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Guardians of the Free Republics : so that makes it okay!
    Posted by Hansonbrother

God what a tired retort by the Left. Yes in this case it's pretty much the Left that uses this bullshite line. He's not saying it makes it ok. He's pointing out a fact that this is nothing new so stop acting like it is something new. And stop acting as if it's only the Right that's ever pulled this shite going on today. And yes I know this a55face can't see this post. It's for all the rest of the dicks who use this tired reply

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Guardians of the Free Republics : no, I don't I just think it's getting worse
    Posted by Hansonbrother

Finally something we can agree on. It was bad for Clinton, worse for Bush and worse still for Obama. God help 45!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

The whole thing is so stupid.  A group that alleges to support the "free republic" is calling for democratically elected officials to resign. 

All those throwing around "this is not the will of the people" regarding health care reform, apparently forgot how our demorcracy works.

"Keep your government hands off my Medicare."  Tea Party logic 101.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"The government can give us free market competition!"  Liberal logic 101

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

"The government can give us free market competition!"  Liberal logic 101
    Posted by BobinVa

Like no bid contracts to Halliburton in Iraq?  That kind of free market competition?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

The whole thing is so stupid.  A group that alleges to support the "free republic" is calling for democratically elected officials to resign.  

That sounds awfully familiar. Oh that's right....we heard it for EIGHT years in regards to Bush. Apparently the Dems forgot about how democracy works

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

The whole thing is so stupid.  A group that alleges to support the "free republic" is calling for democratically elected officials to resign.    That sounds awfully familiar. Oh that's right....we heard it for EIGHT years in regards to Bush. Apparently the Dems forgot about how democracy works
    Posted by hawkeye01

Really?  The ole, well they did it too.  Are you 7?  Perfect representation of the attitude that has the public thinking Washington is broken b/c really many (on both sides) are no different than bickering children.

Referencing the past as a means to justify/explain current actions is the least productive, accountable approach I can imagine.  Going through life like this is a perfect way to spin your tires for eternity. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

In Response to Re: Guardians of the Free Republics : Halibutons types have been around forever. I severed at Groton CT. a bid was given at $100,000 to tear down a building. The reserve's  were finally  given the job. $0 but it took about 3 months. You  heard about the $1000 toilet seat. This was peace time. So you think if it was a bid it would  be cheaper,BS. People steal from GOV everyday, just look at NY congressman.
    Posted by chiefhowie

I'm not saying Halliburton shouldn't have been given the contract.  I've read that there were truly was no other companies that were even capable of doing the work.  I think privatizing war is a little scarier than publicizing health care, but that is b/c I am a left wing whack job.  Ya know the whole Military Industrial Complex thing we are supposed to be on the lookout for.

I just can't stand the inference that "Health Reform" is some gov't takeover of the free market that it is not.  Government/Gov't programs have influenced and even forced the "free market" throughout American history. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Guardians of the Free Republics : Look up Ruby Ridge. It has been happening in America for decades.
    Posted by brat13

Yes, go ahead, look up Ruby Ridge.  Governemnt overreach lead not only to civilians deaths, but reprimanding of the FBI agents involved.  Perfect example, absolutely perfect.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Guardians of the Free Republics : Really?  The ole, well they did it too.  Are you 7?  Perfect representation of the attitude that has the public thinking Washington is broken b/c really many (on both sides) are no different than bickering children. Referencing the past as a means to justify/explain current actions is the least productive, accountable approach I can imagine.  Going through life like this is a perfect way to spin your tires for eternity. 
    Posted by mynameisAugustWest

LOL....god that tired ridiculous retort again? No, it's called HYPOCRISY. You make a hypocritical statement, get called on it and then you whine about it. Seems like YOU'RE the one spinning your tires. My god you have a warped sense. LOL

Sections
Shortcuts