Gun control bill support fades and gun purchases soar after Boston Bombings.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Gun control bill support fades and gun purchases soar after Boston Bombings.

Right..because a gun will protect you from a bomb....geesh!

Most of my gun-owning friends are very responsible..normal people. I do know one guy though who seriously believes that the US is going to be in a civil war in the near future. He believes this because apparently it's difficult to by ammunition in NH..where he lives.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: Gun control bill support fades and gun purchases soar after Boston Bombings.

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

So is denial

Actually, that's a river in Egypt.

But I wonder what you call it when someone says "ooh, look, a tragedy caused some people to buy guns! HAHAHAAHH! YOU LOSE, SUCKERS!"

Who said that?

It is a summary of Tvoter's thinking.

And it is disgusting.

Oh so you're a mind reader now? Who knew...

Yes, I take evidence into account and determine the intent of people.  Every one does this.  Except you.  HA, HA, HA...

I go by what people actually say...not what I THINK they're saying. You should try it

I think it is clear what he says.  You choose not to see the meaning of his words.  It would be different he was a liberal.  You pick and choose when you are snarky and when you are obtuse largely because of political affiliation. And that is my interpretation of what you are thinking and doing. Whether you actually admit or not is your problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

So is denial

But I wonder what you call it when someone says "ooh, look, a tragedy caused some people to buy guns! HAHAHAAHH! YOU LOSE, SUCKERS!"

Who said that?

And it is disgusting.

Yes, I take evidence into account and determine the intent of people.  Every one does this.  Except you.  HA, HA, HA...

I go by what people actually say...not what I THINK they're saying. You should try it

I think it is clear what he says.  You choose not to see the meaning of his words.  It would be different he was a liberal.  You pick and choose when you are snarky and when you are obtuse largely because of political affiliation. And that is my interpretation of what you are thinking and doing. Whether you actually admit or not is your problem.

Clear? Hahaha....no agenda with you eh???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

So is denial

Who said that?

And it is disgusting.

I have an agenda. I don't suffer fools gladly.  Now run along. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

So is denial

Who said that?

And it is disgusting.

I have an agenda. I don't suffer fools gladly.  Now run along. 

Quick...what am I thinking right now? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

One more poke in the eye of this debate:

The Constitution clearly establishes the right for Americans to form a "well-regulated militia" as an adjunct to the "right to bear arms".

What, if anything, in the law would prevent a group of American citizens who happen to be muslims from fortifying themselves, buying guns and forming a libertarian, 'freemen'-type militia in opposition to gov't policies...?

For the people so concerned about applying a religious litmus test to immigrants, when will they get around to excluding musilm-americans from gun ownership...?  Most are just "hard-working, law-abiding gun owners", after all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

What, if anything, in the law would prevent a group of American citizens who happen to be muslims from fortifying themselves, buying guns and forming a libertarian, 'freemen'-type militia in opposition to gov't policies...?

I like our military's chances...just sayin

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

So not the point.  Nobody mentioned challenging the u.s. military.

I'm talking about being armed and forming a militia as provided by The Constitution...whether they take any action against the govt or not.

In the aftermath of last week's bombings, calls of eviscerating common protections under the constitution have been flying from all over the rightward media...on the heels of their battle to preserve "gun rights" at all costs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

I'm talking about being armed and forming a militia as provided by The Constitution...whether they take any action against the govt or not.

In the aftermath of last week's bombings, calls of eviscerating common protections under the constitution have been flying from all over the rightward media...on the heels of their battle to preserve "gun rights" at all costs.

Know idea what you're talking about as I don't follow "rightward" media. What is "rightward" media anyway?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Sounds an awful lot like a terrorist threat.

If you're scared you can always hide under your bed : )

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Know idea what you're talking about as I don't follow "rightward" media. What is "rightward" media anyway?

You don't know what a muslim or a militia is?  The Constitution?  2nd Amnt?  Ring a bell?

The same people advocating for virtually unlimited access to guns - in the name of "freedoms" - are the same people looking to deny other, similarly essential rights - speech, assembly, privacy - based solely upon one's religion.

Tangentially, when they argue for "religious freedom" over matters like LGBT rights, birth control and abortion, those arguments conspicuously vanish when it comes to the islamic faith.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

You don't know what a muslim or a militia is?  The Constitution?  2nd Amnt?  Ring a bell?

The same people advocating for virtually unlimited access to guns - in the name of "freedoms" - are the same people looking to deny other, similarly essential rights - speech, assembly, privacy - based solely upon one's religion.

Tangentially, when they argue for "religious freedom" over matters like LGBT rights, birth control and abortion, those arguments conspicuously vanish when it comes to the islamic faith.

I said I didn't know what "rightward" media is since THAT is what you referred to. But you know that.

I haven't heard of anyone calling for unlimited access to guns. Especially considering overwhelming majority of NRA members support background checks. So there's that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I said I didn't know what "rightward" media is since THAT is what you referred to. But you know that.

I haven't heard of anyone calling for unlimited access to guns. Especially considering overwhelming majority of NRA members support background checks. So there's that.

That's just subtext.

The original question still stands.

What a majority of NRA members think, and what the NRA spends its lobbying dollars on are entirely different things.  Even so, the NRA does not even represent a majority of gun owners.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

What is "rightward" media anyway?

Rightward

adverb

1. Also, right·wards. toward or on the right .    

adjective  

2. situated on the right .  

3. directed toward the right .      

I'd appreciate if you checked dictionary.com or merriamwebster.com first before asking, next time.

Thanks Captain Literal.....WHOOSH!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

That's just subtext.

The original question still stands.

What a majority of NRA members think, and what the NRA spends its lobbying dollars on are entirely different things.  Even so, the NRA does not even represent a majority of gun owners.

Exactly. And since 90% of American's support background checks it kills your argument even more

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Exactly. And since 90% of American's support background checks it kills your argument even more

Except that that's not my argument.  Try again.

(Even if it was, religion itself is not a valid basis for background checks under the constitution.)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

(Even if it was, religion itself is not a valid basis for background checks under the constitution.)

Are you even sure you know what your point is?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

What is "rightward" media anyway?

Rightward

adverb

1. Also, right·wards. toward or on the right .    

adjective  

2. situated on the right .  

3. directed toward the right .      

I'd appreciate if you checked dictionary.com or merriamwebster.com first before asking, next time.

Thanks Captain Literal.....WHOOSH!!!!!

You seem to rely on that 'I was being facetious' dodge quite often.

Hahaha...nice try...Ariborne

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Two diffrent threads, responding to two different posts and using the exact same dodge, verbatim.

It's as if you have it programed to a hotkey on your keyboard.

Again...nice try

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Are you even sure you know what your point is?

Yes.  It's the one you insist on ignoring.

Try to keep up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In other words.....

Pinkie: You think you're laughing at the people you detect with your hypocrisy wand or whatever you like to call it.

Fact is, we're all laughing (perhaps more like disdainfully sneering) at your pedantic toe-nibbling.

Say "BWWWAAAAAA" all you want. Won't matter a damn.

Do you ever stop whining? Seriously....man up will ya