Gun control bill support fades and gun purchases soar after Boston Bombings.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: Gun control bill support fades and gun purchases soar after Boston Bombings.

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Exactly. And since 90% of American's support background checks it kills your argument even more

Except that that's not my argument.  Try again.

(Even if it was, religion itself is not a valid basis for background checks under the constitution.)

Are you even sure you know what your point is?

Yes.  It's the one you keep ignoring.

Try to keep up.

You're all over the place. What is your exact point?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: Gun control bill support fades and gun purchases soar after Boston Bombings.

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

"You seem to rely on that 'I was being facetious' dodge quite often."

Look, man, you need to start respecting law and order. He's the Hall Monitor. See that pretty silver badge?

Now a man like him, why, they don't come round so often. Rules are different for folks like that. See now, he couldn't go catchin' us scofflaws and ruffians so easy, if he was tied down by procedure.

Man like that. Why, he can be as fascetious as he wants. He can summarize your comments. He can paraphrase a quote. Why he can even read your mind and find out what you would actually have written had he not learnt it 'afore you wrote it.

But us lesser folk? Why....we ain't got the learnings to do that. We'd mess it up. Make a right fool of ourselves.

So you just leave the jokin' and the understandin' to him. You just stick to the words on the page - no more, no less. And don't try no funny stuff.

Ooooh, so he has that double standard way of posting.

That would explain the other thread he started:

"Do as I say, not as I do..."

Which was conspicuosly empty.

Hey I don't mind if he wants to be 'facetious', but when he uses it as a dodge after being steamrolled in an exchange then it kind of loses it's luster.

Please stop pretending like we don't know who you are. You aren't fooling anyone. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

No.  You're just nowhere.

I asked a question that you ignored.  Retrace the thread.  This isn't hard.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

I only saw questions where you were being sarcastic asking me if I knew what Muslim, etc. was

Otherwise I see no other questions direstly asked of me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

"You seem to rely on that 'I was being facetious' dodge quite often."

Look, man, you need to start respecting law and order. He's the Hall Monitor. See that pretty silver badge?

Now a man like him, why, they don't come round so often. Rules are different for folks like that. See now, he couldn't go catchin' us scofflaws and ruffians so easy, if he was tied down by procedure.

Man like that. Why, he can be as fascetious as he wants. He can summarize your comments. He can paraphrase a quote. Why he can even read your mind and find out what you would actually have written had he not learnt it 'afore you wrote it.

But us lesser folk? Why....we ain't got the learnings to do that. We'd mess it up. Make a right fool of ourselves.

So you just leave the jokin' and the understandin' to him. You just stick to the words on the page - no more, no less. And don't try no funny stuff.

Ooooh, so he has that double standard way of posting.

That would explain the other thread he started:

"Do as I say, not as I do..."

Which was conspicuosly empty.

Hey I don't mind if he wants to be 'facetious', but when he uses it as a dodge after being steamrolled in an exchange then it kind of loses it's luster.

Please stop pretending like we don't know who you are. You aren't fooling anyone. 

Is this where you:

summarize (my) comments. He can paraphrase a quote. Why he can even read (my) mind and find out what (I) would actually have written had he not learnt it 'afore (I) wrote it.

And then call me a liberal so-and-so ....

all while being facetious of course.

I don't believe I ever called you a "liberal so-and-so"

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I only saw questions where you were being sarcastic asking me if I knew what Muslim, etc. was

I'll repeat solely for your benefit:

The Constitution clearly establishes the right for Americans to form a "well-regulated militia" as an adjunct to the "right to bear arms".

What, if anything, in the law would prevent a group of American citizens who happen to be muslims from fortifying themselves, buying guns and forming a libertarian, 'freemen'-type militia in opposition to gov't policies...?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

The Constitution clearly establishes the right for Americans to form a "well-regulated militia" as an adjunct to the "right to bear arms".

What, if anything, in the law would prevent a group of American citizens who happen to be muslims from fortifying themselves, buying guns and forming a libertarian, 'freemen'-type militia in opposition to gov't policies...?

This wasn't a rhetorical question? You kidding me? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Right..because a gun will protect you from a bomb....geesh!

Most of my gun-owning friends are very responsible..normal people. I do know one guy though who seriously believes that the US is going to be in a civil war in the near future. He believes this because apparently it's difficult to by ammunition in NH..where he lives.

It is difficult to get ammo anywhere lately.  However, your friend is delusional if he thinks a bunch of weekend firearms users can effectively have a civil war against the government.  That ship has sailed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Assuming that the 2nd amendment is about freemen type militias, nothing prevents it.

but, that is not what the 2nd amendment is about. It is about personal rights, which is the radical concept in the amendment that has the marxist radicals on the left up in arms.

Sections
Shortcuts