Had a miscarriage in Mississippi? There's about to be a jailin' up in here.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: Had a miscarriage in Mississippi? There's about to be a jailin' up in here.

Why is this a55hat comparing eating habits to illegal drug use? What a fri99in dope.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

So, if a pregnant woman is speeding (illegal), loses control, crashes the car and sustains injuries to the point of severity where her fetus dies in utero...

...then is that also a case of "willful homicide", or merely negligence...or anything at all...?

It's a huge stretch to regard smoking or drinking while pregnant as criminal behavior.  Ill-advised, certainly.  

It's just mildly interesting to me that folks who are so anti-regulation want to so strictly regulate the human act of procreation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

So I think WDYWN brought this up, every miscarriage will now have to be investigated as a potential homicide. We don't want any woman getting away with murder, now do we.

With "Probable cause" yes

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Ummmm, ya still gotta investigate every instance to determine probable cause, EVERY instance.

Medical examiners do determine (investigate) every cause of death.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

No!

They don't investigate every miscarriage.

Now they will have to.

ME determines the "cause of death" every time and it is document in the vital statistics.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I don't like the thought that this woman's drug addiction possibly caused her miscarriage and then the subsequent death of her unborn child.

On a moral level this saddens and angers me...but I am not sure that everything that saddens or angers me can or should be fixed with a law.

What's the alternative here? Clearly this woman is an addict...and likely was long before she got pregnant. So..what's the solution? Do we take her off the street and lock her up for the duration of her pregnancy? Do we condone abortions for drug addicted women?

The saddest thing is something that I don't believe anyone has mentioned so far. Considering the level of drug addiction this woman was dealing with...it's likely that if her baby had gone full term..even the quality of that child's life and health would be severely affected.

There are no easy anwers in a situation like this..none whatsoever.

FWIW...a coworker's 19 year old daughter gave birth last week at 31 weeks. Her son is just over 3 pounds and will be hospitalized for the next several months. On Tuesday..he had surgery to fix a hole in his heart. This young lady ..who works part time at a mall..is in for a long..long road.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

She could knowingly take presciption medication that could cause a miscarriage and that would be fine?

She could do absolutely anything that has been shown as elevating the risk of a miscarriage as long as that activity is legal?

no, those cases would be arguable as to wrong doing and willful knowledge of the effects.

Shooting, smoking or snorting methamphetimines is less ambiguous.

Almost every drug used to treat ADHD is a medical version of a methamphetimine, how do you square that circle?

I would suspect that question has been asked, and found to be in the negative.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to TFefio's comment:

Oh, the old war on woman routine. Yeah that's right your guy is in big trouble. Better circle the wagons with the war on woman routine! 

Bwaaaaaa haaaaaaaa..........pathetic. 

Key tenet of liberalism is that women are not responsible for their choices, and all men are oppressors.

Sections
Shortcuts