Happy Father's Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Happy Father's Day

Tomorrow is Father's Day....a day that is set aside to honor fathers everywhere. No doubt there are a lot of great fathers out there. My son is blessed with an amazing Dad...one who loves him unconditionally and has always been one of his biggest champions. Several mornings a week...I get up at 4:45 to help  older family members take care of their adult, disabled daughter. I am humbled by the Dad..and his relationship with his daughter. It is special without question. Someone I consider a good friend is also lucky enough to be the father of a very special young woman...and his devotion to her is touching.

The men I mentioned are great examples of what it means to truly be a father to their children.

However, there is another group of men who I believe deserve a special honor on Father's Day. These are the men who step into the lives of children who are not theirs biologically..and provide the love, support and role model to a child who may need it. They may be uncles, grandfathers, mom's boyfriend or whatever...but nevertheless...they nurture that bond that every child needs.

My grandfather was such a person. Whether he was a mile away or 1200 miles away..the bond between us was incredibly close. He was not only a great "dad" to me growing up...but he never..ever..gave up on his own son( my father) and when he finally popped back into all of our lives 10 years ago..my grandfather welcomed him with open arms and never..ever ..judged him. He just offered him love...and in turn...taught me the power of forgiveness and unconditional  love.

In a world where too many men are not much more than sperm donors..taking little emotional or financial responsibility for their children...it so important to honor those who have the right idea.

So..to all you guys out there who have stepped up and stepped in to a childs life and loved them enough to make a difference..I wish you a very Happy and blessed Father's Day tomorrow.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: Happy Father's Day

Nice post; I can't imagine what kind of a response had to be removed but I have my suspiscions as to who did it.

...the man who really counts in the world is the doer,...  TR 1891

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

Nice post; I can't imagine what kind of a response had to be removed but I have my suspiscions as to who did it.

...the man who really counts in the world is the doer,...  TR 1891

Hi MassmoderateJoe..thanks. I hope you had an enjoyable weekend!  As for the removed posts...I have my suspicions as well. I guess school got out a little early for the summer..at least for a certain poster..lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

happy fathers day to the both of us! *marriage equality*