Happy Valentine's Day!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Happy Valentine's Day!

Want to a wish a Happy Valentine's Day to everyone in the forums.

I know this day scares a whole lot of single men and a whole lot of married men tend to forget about it over the years. Not to mention the number of people who just write if off as another crass commercial holiday disigned to make money.

But the other day on the car radio they played that old song made famous by Jimmy Durante.

It starts, "Make someone happy, just one someone happy, and you will be happy too..."

Pretty nice sentiment, no matter who that someone happens to be.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Happy Valentine's Day!

They moved Valentine's Day to the 13th?   

It's Ash Wednesday.   Maybe the OP got the two "holidays" mixed up?   :D   

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

It's tomorrow.

Don't scare me like that

I know really, cut it out!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I treat my wife like it's Valentine's Day 365 days a year .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

It's tomorrow.

Don't scare me like that

No shlt!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

It's tomorrow.

Don't scare me like that

Gregin,

I know. Was just a little head's up. (:

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

I treat my wife like it's Valentine's Day 365 days a year .

Sister,

As a wife all I can say is...Awwww!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Happy Valentine's day to you as well :-) Never too late to wish anyone well in my book..lol. I am lucky. DH treats every day like it's Valentine's day.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Happy Valentine's day to you as well :-) Never too late to wish anyone well in my book..lol. I am lucky. DH treats every day like it's Valentine's day.

He is most certainly a keeper. Wonderful for DH...and wonderful for your relationship, cricket.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to Newtster's comment:

Do you mean it's NOT a crass commercial holiday just designed to make money?? Who knew?!?!?

I prefer St. Patrick's Day for crass holidays designed to make money for evil business people. 

Newster,

Heh, if you want to look at it that way, if you are among the fortunate people with disposable income, you can consider it stimulating the economy and celebrate both.

I am 100% Italian...and no longer Catholic...and I celebrate St. Patrick's Day as well. In fact I celebrate as many major holidays with family and firends as I am able to.

As I get older...and everyone here is...I realize how many people are gone forever from my life...family, friends and even some children. I sometimes think about times I could have been with them but thought the drive was too long or I was too busy with work and there would always be time later. There is not of course.

You know the adage, "Nobody on their death bed ever wished they spent more time at the office"?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Newtster I count the days to St Patrick's Day like a child counting the days to Christmas !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Woo...yeah. 

So my wifes flowers have been delivered, I will pick up her gift at lunchtime today, and I got something nice for my six year old since her school apparently changed policy and the kids are not able to give or receive valentines.  (wish I knew that before I bought her a kit to make valentines for her classmates)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

Nothing like a surprise visit from my son, with flowers and a Snoopy for his mom...made what started as a rough day end on a happy note!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

Nothing like a surprise visit from my son, with flowers and a Snoopy for his mom...made what started as a rough day end on a happy note!

MO,

What a nice Valentine's surprise! Looks like someone made his mom's day.

ps...I could not reply to your message because you have your page on private. There is no way around this current system BDC has set up. My off-line options for those who want/need private pages now are FACEBOOK, email and the phone. I am keeping my page public so feel free to send a message anytime about anything.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

Woo...yeah. 

So my wifes flowers have been delivered, I will pick up her gift at lunchtime today, and I got something nice for my six year old since her school apparently changed policy and the kids are not able to give or receive valentines.  (wish I knew that before I bought her a kit to make valentines for her classmates)

What the crap. Probably one of the things i looked forward to most when i was in grade school was Valentines day and Getting Valentines from everyone In class. Why would they ever do away with that? They scared someone Might Have there Feelings hurt if they dont get a Valentine? Buncha Sissys.

Sections
Shortcuts