Harry Reid on Meet The Press

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Re: Harry Reid on Meet The Press

In Response to Harry Reid on Meet The Press:
     Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid suggests it's time for a change of tone in Washington, he prepares for Congress' return by urging Republicans to ditch Tea Party 'extremism' and 'learn what legislation is all about.'   This from the Emperor
    Posted by howiewho

Mad that he is right huh ?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: Harry Reid on Meet The Press:
    In Response to Harry Reid on Meet The Press : His party controls the Senate and the White House and they can`t get anything done. When his party had all 3 branches they wasted their time and our $1 TRILLION on Obamacare that 60+% of Americans DO NOT want.  I watched this interview in it`s entirety and wanted to gakk.  Harry Reid is a clueless man and the problem in Washington these days.  
    Posted by jmel

He's the problem?  I think having TWO parties that cannot get along is the problem.  Face it: we are not going to have a one party nation any time soon.  They have to work together or we will just meander aimlessly with bitter acrimony instead of true statesmanship marking our political discourse.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

This is just so predicitable.

When the left is in power, it's their way or the highway. Partisanship.

When the right show a bit of spine, then it calls for them to work with them.

When the right is in power, then the battle cry is for bipartisanship.

And the sheep press just buys it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: Harry Reid on Meet The Press : Great point..........but, is this something new in Washington?  This is how it was designed by the Founding Fathers.  Of course there has to be compromise on activity that makes sense.  Lets` look to HC as an example.  60+% of Americans were adamantly opposed yet the Dems, with complete control at the time, chose to stuff it to us.  On the other hand, during the Clinton years, a Republican House and Senate worked famously with a Dem President to balance budgets, cut taxes, and revamp Medicare.  IMO, this was because Clinton moved to the center and so did Congress to agree on activity that made sense. Obama and the Dems today want it "their way or the highway" and when the Rep-House disagrees (on behalf of America), guys like Reid spew "It`s the Tea Party" and "Republicans won`t compromise".  The Democrat idea of compromise is ......Agree with us or else.
    Posted by jmel

Actually, the Founding Fathers had little understanding of the concept of political parties and they themselves were quite adept at compromise (the Constitution has several). 

You also mistate the opposition to the Healthcare bill.  The Democrats were elected and everyone knew they were putting forth such a bill.  The G.O.P. and Tea Party types rallied opposition after the fact.

And lastly it is fairly obvious that Obama has often sought compromise, but the G.O.P. is obstructionist. The no tax pledge is ample proof that the conservatives will not seek any compromise on revenue issues. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thecorrectansweris. Show thecorrectansweris's posts

In Response to Re: Harry Reid on Meet The Press : Blah, blah, blah.  Can you ever say anything that is not a mindless rant?
    Posted by Reubenhop

Now I get it. Your critical thinking skills are above par for sure. I am glad you put me in my place.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: Harry Reid on Meet The Press : Now I get it. Your critical thinking skills are above par for sure. I am glad you put me in my place.
    Posted by thecorrectansweris

Say something useful and I will afford you a responsible response.  Engage in mindless rants and I will call you out.  And yes, there are many, many intelligent conservatives who can actually debate an issue.  Give it a shot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

legislation in Washington is about taking a bill that one side wants and then spending billions to pay members of Congress on both sides to get on board and vote for it.....that's it.

members of the tea party generally believe that buying votes and wasting tax payer money to pay people off is a bad idea.

i can see how harry is annoyed by the tea party....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zippit. Show zippit's posts

In Response to Re: Harry Reid on Meet The Press : Actually, the Founding Fathers had little understanding of the concept of political parties and they themselves were quite adept at compromise (the Constitution has several).  You also mistate the opposition to the Healthcare bill.  The Democrats were elected and everyone knew they were putting forth such a bill.  The G.O.P. and Tea Party types rallied opposition after the fact. And lastly it is fairly obvious that Obama has often sought compromise, but the G.O.P. is obstructionist. The no tax pledge is ample proof that the conservatives will not seek any compromise on revenue issues. 
    Posted by Reubenhop

Ruby, love your take on history both ancient (founding fathers knowledge), and current (Obama seeking compromise), clearly visions viewed through your particular set of spectacles.

You gave me quite a chuckle, thanks!

Why would anyone take you seriously, read some of your posts, they read like Air-head or be-a-stool without the wing-nuts references.

Sections
Shortcuts