Has Menino's time come to pass

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Has Menino's time come to pass

Menino has been more and more time int he Hospital of late.  Not just his current stay, but I recall a few other long stays recently.

While I realize that an illness is an illness, but what if Sandy had struck this week and had hit Boston instead of New York.

Is Menino physically able to meet the demands of the job? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Has Menino's time come to pass

I like Tom as well.  I love what's become of the Seaport distinct and the area around the Greenway.  Downtown Crossing is a different story.

But I can't help thinking about what occurred in NYC and in New Jersey and wodnering if Menino would be physically up to the challenge.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Menino should step down until he out of the hospital.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Make no mistake.  When someone is admitted for sepsis, it's life-threatening, and he was probably a lot deeper for longer than anyone's let on.  Someone else was running the show for a while, regardless of the window-dressing.  Did anyone else here see him on TV at his release to the Spaulding?  Sounded like he was running on one cylinder.  Might have been better if he'd just done the Reagan wave from the hospital room.

I like him, too.  I think it's been his intention since Day 1 to go out feet first.  But this definitely must move up and change the calculus about the future.  The balance must have shifted from "Will he or won't he run?" and seeding a wide open election, to who already on the Council might be in first position, maybe even who will succeed him by statute -- real first position.