Heartbreak in Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Heartbreak in Boston

Heartbreak Hill has always been considered the most difficult part of the Boston Marathon..but yesterday..runners and spectators alike were faced with a different kind of heartbreak..one so much harder to overcome.

Yesterday's tragic events no doubt changed the course of many lives yesterday..ended some tragically and forever changed families, friends and the City of Boston. The evil that descended upon the city is simply unspeakable and I hope the person(s) responsible are quickly identified and that justice is swift and severe.

In times like this it seem that there are no words that are sufficient to comfort victims and each other. Yes, the same old platitudes are spoken...but really...what words are sufficient for the Richard family..the family who lost their 8 year  old son Martin. Added to that his mother suffered a grave brain injury and his little sister lost her leg. How does one begin to help them heal? How does one begin to express in words something..anything..to make things right again? How does one stop feeling so damn helpless in the face of such unspeakable evil?

The answer to that question may not lie in what we say...but rather what we do. It may not lie in trying to understand the evil in the act that changed so many lives..but rather in how we as a community respond to it. In times such as this it is more important than ever for the American spirit of kindness and compassion to prosper. It is more important that we show our strength as a community by coming together rather than being divided. In Boston the response has been amazing. People rushed to each other's aid and Bostonians and beyond were offering their homes up to perfect strangers who were displaced by the bombing. This is how I want people to think of Boston...not as the site of unspeakable evil..but as a community willing to come together and take care of strangers like friends.

It is easy to be a decent person in the good times..easy to be easy so to speak..but a person and a community is really defined by how they face and react to the tough times. I believe it is on the darkest days that the "rainy day person" in us comes out to bring light.

God bless all the victims, their families, the spectators , the runners and all the people who ran towards the blast to help those most in need. God bless Boston and most importantly...God Bless America.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Heartbreak in Boston

Thank you Ms....I am glad to hear you and yours are safe...it makes me sick to my stomach too. My friend who was there must have called me a dozen times today..came to my office to talk. She is in rough shape..and she is one of the lucky ones. Incredibly sad day for Boston..but we can't let incidents like this define who we are as a society. We just can't.

And..you are right. When fear takes over..the terrorist wins. When we turn on each other..the terrorist wins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Thank you for the lovely post miscricket. Although I pretty much disagree with all of your politics you've proven yet again that you are a talented and thoughtful writer. Let the healing, such as it is, begin with the kind of sentiments expressed by you and ms_obstinate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Heartbreak Hill has always been considered the most difficult part of the Boston Marathon..but yesterday..runners and spectators alike were faced with a different kind of heartbreak..one so much harder to overcome.

Yesterday's tragic events no doubt changed the course of many lives yesterday..ended some tragically and forever changed families, friends and the City of Boston. The evil that descended upon the city is simply unspeakable and I hope the person(s) responsible are quickly identified and that justice is swift and severe.

In times like this it seem that there are no words that are sufficient to comfort victims and each other. Yes, the same old platitudes are spoken...but really...what words are sufficient for the Richard family..the family who lost their 8 year  old son Martin. Added to that his mother suffered a grave brain injury and his little sister lost her leg. How does one begin to help them heal? How does one begin to express in words something..anything..to make things right again? How does one stop feeling so damn helpless in the face of such unspeakable evil?

The answer to that question may not lie in what we say...but rather what we do. It may not lie in trying to understand the evil in the act that changed so many lives..but rather in how we as a community respond to it. In times such as this it is more important than ever for the American spirit of kindness and compassion to prosper. It is more important that we show our strength as a community by coming together rather than being divided. In Boston the response has been amazing. People rushed to each other's aid and Bostonians and beyond were offering their homes up to perfect strangers who were displaced by the bombing. This is how I want people to think of Boston...not as the site of unspeakable evil..but as a community willing to come together and take care of strangers like friends.

It is easy to be a decent person in the good times..easy to be easy so to speak..but a person and a community is really defined by how they face and react to the tough times. I believe it is on the darkest days that the "rainy day person" in us comes out to bring light.

God bless all the victims, their families, the spectators , the runners and all the people who ran towards the blast to help those most in need. God bless Boston and most importantly...God Bless America.

That was very touching ....... 0:) !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Thank you for the lovely post miscricket. Although I pretty much disagree with all of your politics you've proven yet again that you are a talented and thoughtful writer. Let the healing, such as it is, begin with the kind of sentiments expressed by you and ms_obstinate.

Thanks StalkingButler.....and your comment reflects what I had hoped. Now is not the time for rivalries..and one of the nicest things about America is that we can disagree on politics or religion...but we all still recognize that we are in this together..and we unite against wrongdoings. No on should care about political arguments in the aftermath of a tragedy..of an attack on our citizens. Right now..there are more important things.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

So true...!!