Heathcare bill cost back to 1.2 TRILLION wow,it's like a rancid pork sandwich.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Heathcare bill cost back to 1.2 TRILLION wow,it's like a rancid pork sandwich.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091102/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_care_overhaul

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/02/sources-house-health-totals-trillion/

It's sad!!

No networks online sites are covering it. Not, CNN,MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC etc etc.

Only fox and yahoo.

Is this not news worth telling Americans??

They covered it when Pelosi and Reid were braqging about it being under a trillion!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

Re: Heathcare bill cost back to 1.2 TRILLION wow,it's like a rancid pork sandwich.

I give up.  Sure, there's a need to address the problems of the uninsured and health care costs,  but this has been like praying for a little rain and ending up with a Category 5 Hurricane.  What a frickkin trainwreck.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Re: Heathcare bill cost back to 1.2 TRILLION wow,it's like a rancid pork sandwich.

Good luck with that. If, the govt gives people the money most will spend it on other things they find more important than health ins.

85% are happy with their plans!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

In Response to Re: Heathcare bill cost back to 1.2 TRILLION wow,it's like a rancid pork sandwich.:
    [QUOTE]But its budget neutral. And there's a flock of flying pigs coming out of my a55
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Post picture please.

.. and just where will this money come from?.. perhaps people who actually do work and pay taxes. How many generations will pay for this?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

i got the open enrollment package from my job recently, b/c "i must choose a plan for 2010" and of course, my premiums are going up. unfortunately i'm one of the many americans who only go to the doctor when absolutely neccessary so by my count, i've paid roughly $1000 this year for a service i didn't use, and will pay more for it next year. i don't know what the answer to healthcare reform is, but i know i'm one of the lucky ones as its just me and not a family, for those premiums to insure a family? ouch....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

In Response to Re: Heathcare bill cost back to 1.2 TRILLION wow,it's like a rancid pork sandwich.:
    [QUOTE]i got the open enrollment package from my job recently, b/c "i must choose a plan for 2010" and of course, my premiums are going up. unfortunately i'm one of the many americans who only go to the doctor when absolutely neccessary so by my count, i've paid roughly $1000 this year for a service i didn't use, and will pay more for it next year. i don't know what the answer to healthcare reform is, but i know i'm one of the lucky ones as its just me and not a family, for those premiums to insure a family? ouch....
    Posted by scauma82[/QUOTE]

85% say they are happy with their health insurance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

read a study done prior to this whole healthcare debate when you started being told how to feel about your healthcare and then get back to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]i got the open enrollment package from my job recently, b/c "i must choose a plan for 2010" and of course, my premiums are going up. unfortunately i'm one of the many americans who only go to the doctor when absolutely neccessary so by my count, i've paid roughly $1000 this year for a service i didn't use, and will pay more for it next year. i don't know what the answer to healthcare reform is, but i know i'm one of the lucky ones as its just me and not a family, for those premiums to insure a family? ouch....

"unfortunately i'm one of the many americans who only go to the doctor when absolutely neccessary so by my count, i've paid roughly $1000 this year for a service i didn't use, and will pay more for it next year."

Unfortunately? You're a glass is half empty kind of guy eh? You should consider yourself damn lucky you don't have to utilize health care. I hope you never have to "get your money's worth".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]read a study done prior to this whole healthcare debate when you started being told how to feel about your healthcare and then get back to me.

Or how about when you started feeling guilty because you were told how others feel do to your good fortune.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Heathcare bill cost back to 1.2 TRILLION wow,it's like a rancid pork sandwich. : " unfortunately i'm one of the many americans who only go to the doctor when absolutely neccessary so by my count, i've paid roughly $1000 this year for a service i didn't use, and will pay more for it next year. " Unfortunately? You're a glass is half empty kind of guy eh? You should consider yourself damn lucky you don't have to utilize health care. I hope you never have to "get your money's worth".
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]

good point

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

The public option has a 6 month waiting period before insurance kicks in....LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!  Welcome to government run healthcare.  Private insurance starts day one!!!! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Heathcare bill cost back to 1.2 TRILLION wow,it's like a rancid pork sandwich. : 85% say they are happy with their health insurance.
    Posted by sk8ter2008[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the tens of millions of people without health insurance or access to the same can appreciate that...not to mention the 15% who are unhappy with their insurance, but why give a #$&! about them, right??

Try asking people if they would like to pay a smaller premium for the exact same coverage...I'm guessing a 97-98% response in favor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Heathcare bill cost back to 1.2 TRILLION wow,it's like a rancid pork sandwich. : I'm sure the tens of millions of people without health insurance or access to the same can appreciate that...not to mention the 15% who are unhappy with their insurance, but why give a #$&! about them, right?? Try asking people if they would like to pay a smaller premium for the exact same coverage...I'm guessing a 97-98% response in favor.
    Posted by Mattyhorn[/QUOTE]

Matty a lot of people have not been asked specifically about their health insurance.....if you ask those who have seriously had to use it....not a physical or a check up but really needed the insurance and hospital treatment, those numbers drop.

Insurance companies exist only to remove profits fo delivering a card a dr list and raising admin costs...no services are really provided....blunting this is the best reason fo the public option or single payer

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

[QUOTE]But its budget neutral. And there's a flock of flying pigs coming out of my a55
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

maybe thats why the s*it comesout of your mouth so frequently

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Heathcare bill cost back to 1.2 TRILLION wow,it's like a rancid pork sandwich. : Matty a lot of people have not been asked specifically about their health insurance.....if you ask those who have seriously had to use it....not a physical or a check up but really needed the insurance and hospital treatment, those numbers drop. Insurance companies exist only to remove profits fo delivering a card a dr list and raising admin costs...no services are really provided....blunting this is the best reason fo the public option or single payer
    Posted by PS911fan[/QUOTE]

"Insurance companies exist only to remove profits fo delivering a card a dr list and raising admin costs...no services are really provided....blunting this is the best reason fo the public option or single payer"

You could always go without insurance. See how much that costs you if/when you need health care. Good luck!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Charles2008. Show Charles2008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Heathcare bill cost back to 1.2 TRILLION wow,it's like a rancid pork sandwich. : I just don't want the Gov supervising,,,,,,("Check") Insurance company would bill, I talk to a Hospital admin. that said in that instance they could start a co-op. I see Hospital advertising all the time. I'm only knowledgeable about GOV involvement.
    Posted by chiefhowie[/QUOTE]

Chief,

Why don't you just give up your Medicare?  Let's see how much you will like NOT having Gov involved!

Sorry for being so direct, but I am sick of this ridiculous argument, specially from the people that are most benefiting from Gov involvement.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Pelosi...NOT ALLOWING 2000 page bill to be posted online for 72 hours before the vote.  She promised she would.  Obama promised he would.

Where's the transparency??  Where's the debate??  Where's the hope and change???  I thought the Dems were going to be better than the Republicans at this, not worse.

WHY WON'T YOU LET US KNOW WHAT IS IN THE FINAL BILL NANCY???  What are you afraid of???

If it's good for us...we won't be upset...we will thank you. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]Pelosi...NOT ALLOWING 2000 page bill to be posted online for 72 hours before the vote.  She promised she would.  Obama promised he would. Where's the transparency??  Where's the debate??  Where's the hope and change???  I thought the Dems were going to be better than the Republicans at this, not worse. WHY WON'T YOU LET US KNOW WHAT IS IN THE FINAL BILL NANCY???  What are you afraid of??? If it's good for us...we won't be upset...we will thank you. 
    Posted by macnh1[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that the figures they are throwing at us are a complete smokescreen. Physicians are scheduled to get a 20% cut in Medicare Fees for 2010. It is being proposed to do away with those cuts. This will cost $250 billion to get the fees flat for 2010. This was left out of the reform bill in order to keep the costs below a trillion. It will be thrown into another separate bill. This is just one example. You know damn well the "cuts" they keep referring to won't all happen. This cost is going to be far higher than the numbers they are throwing around. Make no mistake about it. Anyone who believes what they're being told is a fool. And this goes for ANY administration. None of them can be trusted.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Charles2008. Show Charles2008's posts

Chief,

• Sec. 202 (p. 91-92) of the bill requires you to enroll in a "qualified plan."

Absolutely. Qualified plan means that it has all the consumer protections in it. I want to be sure the isnuarnce companies CANNOT bankrupt my family with their rescisions games if I end up with a cancer. 
    You have the smae protection in your Medicare, and people paying for HC want the same protection.  

• Sec. 224 (p. 118) provides that 18 months after the bill becomes law.....

You never had to deal with insurance companies, but I guarantee you that you do not want the insurance company to determine what qualifies, and how much more you need to pay for it.

• Sec. 303 (pp. 167-168) .... "one size fits all" .....

No it is NOT. That is either a lazy reading of the bill, or most likely plain DISHONEST manipulation (wherever you got this propaganda from). Qualified plan is just a minimum benefit. Call it consumer protection.  I don't want somebody who has a monetary stake in not providing me the services  when needed to have the choice to do so.  

• Sec. 59b (pp. 297-299) ...... Illegal immigrants are exempt .....

So are the Canadians, the Germans and Irish. This is a BS arguemnt from the same people that are stupidely trying to put all kind of checks to make sure illegal immigrants cannot BUY insurance either.
    They would not e excempt if they are filing taxes! Don't argue both sides of the point.

• Sec. 412 (p. 272) says that employers must provide a "qualified plan" ....

This is true. BUT it fails to covers all the otehr exclusions. Again, where is the problem?

• Sec. 1302 (pp. 672-692) .....in which patients choose which doctors to see...

This is total BS.  Whoever wrote this article is counting on a bunch of simpletons swallowing his BS hook line and sinker.
    Really!  Did you see how enthusiastic the AARP was for the bill?  I guarantee you they are NOt for the death panels. 

• Sec. 1161 (pp. 520-545) cuts payments to Medicare Advantage plans .....

True. And this is the best part of the bill. Medicare Advantageis the DUMBEST thing we ever done to Medicare coverage.  It was sold as a 5% cost reduction bill.   Now it costs 18% HIGHER than traditional Medicare.  From the people bitching about the cost of Medicare, and how Medicare is going bankrupt, this is the first thing they should be lining up for.

• Sec. 399V (p. 1422) ... at drug abuse, poor nutrition, smoking and obesity....

bDon't you think those are major contributors to our exponentially rising HC cost. Would it not be sensible to try to mitigate our long term probem?

• Sec. 222 (p. 617) ....for culturally and linguistically appropriate services....

Basically, what we have right now for Medicare, Medicaid and private health delivery.  You seem to think it is some new benefit. 

• Secs. 2521 and 2533 (pp. 1379 and 1437) .... "graduating students from disadvantaged backgrounds including racial and ethnic minorities." 

I think this may be the only point worth objecting to in this bill. Not because of merit, but maybe because it may have to busines sbeing in this bill.  If this is all they can get, it is a great bill.

• Sec. 305 (p. 189) Provides for automatic Medicaid enrollment of newborns who do not otherwise have insurance.

NEWBORNS ! NEWBORNS !  That is what you are objecting to?  You want newborns to care for themselves if they have no access to insurance?  This point is so far out of touch with basic decency that I do not know how to even begin to comment on it.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Charles2008. Show Charles2008's posts

Chiefhowie,

"I can change ins company's  but I can't change congress. "

But if I can guess about your age, you must be on Medicare, and the only insurance policy that you ahve the ability to change is the supplemental.

You are kidding yourself if you think you have such control over insurance companies.  People Medicare are deluding themselves if they think that they undersatnd cost of private insurance just by looking at their suplemental insurance policy.  The reason you have such control over supplemental insurance is precisely because of Medicare taking all necessary coverage out of insurance hands.

Most people are lucky to have a policy, or are dying to get some coverage (pre-existing consitions or not too poor but employer does not provide it).  They just have no leverage as far sa "changing" their policy.

Even employers have minimal control.  Trust me. This is when I started learning how broken the system is.

Sections
Shortcuts