1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: Hey Barry.. it's ONLY been 12 weeks since the TERROR ATTACK

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NO MO O's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want to know why Obama didn't put on his magic cape, fly out there, raise those people from the dead, then kill all the bad people in the world! That's what McCain would have done!

[/QUOTE]

You dishonor those that died.

[/QUOTE]

I think you do.  Politicizing this tragedy is wrong.  You are just trying to score ideological points. You don't have facts, you don't have alternatives, you just have the need to smear the liberals.  These tragedies happen all the time, but they only count for you if a liberal is in charge.

[/QUOTE]

I think it's a disservice to Ambassador Stevens.  The right acts like he was some delicate flower that should have been surrounded by swat teams at all times.  He would not abide by that - he was trying to build relationships with the Libyan people.  He could have easily holed up in Tripoli until this shiit-storm had passed, but instead he traveled to the most dangerous city in the world on the anniversary of 9/11 because his job was more important to him than his safety.  I think the guy is a hero. 

If you want to honor Ambassador Stevens, the story you should run day and night is the one about how the Libyan people found him and brought him to a local hospital.  How they held up his picture and prayed for him the next day.  How they stormed the Ansal al Sharia headquarters the day after the attack.  The Libyan police arrested 50 militants, and forced them to disarm and disband.  

A handful religious fanatics were able to storm a small consulate and kill the man.  That's terrible, but you're never going to be able to stop that - you can't stop that in Colorado, let alone 7,000 miles from home.  But the overwhelming support by the Libyan people - that's enormously telling about the battle to win the hearts and minds of the people throughout the region.  And it's a tremendous tribute to the Ambassador, himself.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I want to know why Obama didn't put on his magic cape, fly out there, raise those people from the dead, then kill all the bad people in the world! That's what McCain would have done!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you do.  Politicizing this tragedy is wrong.  You are just trying to score ideological points. You don't have facts, you don't have alternatives, you just have the need to smear the liberals.  These tragedies happen all the time, but they only count for you if a liberal is in charge.

[/QUOTE]

So you are content that this is over and nothing more needs to be divulged?

If so, I'll stop beating the drum.

It's a simple question.

It has nothing to do with liberals or cons. It has to do with accountability and lies.

[/QUOTE]

I think your ideology is the only reason you continue to beat the drum.  If you were of the opinion that the attacks were directly related to the protests, would you still be looking for answers?  What would the questions be?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's a simple question.

It has nothing to do with liberals or cons. It has to do with accountability and lies.

[/QUOTE]

I think your ideology is the only reason you continue to beat the drum.  If you were of the opinion that the attacks were directly related to the protests, would you still be looking for answers?  What would they be?

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe there was any protest.

I look for answers yes... why wasn't more security provided when requested before the attack, why was support rejected during the attack, why the video lie (not a low level decision) considering the material was parroted by Betrayus and Rice...  why the media supressed it.........

[/QUOTE]

See - that's ideology.  Fox news reported there were requests for help that were denied.  The CIA says that's simply not true.  You believe Fox news is telling you the truth and the CIA is lying to you.  That's ideology.

I can prove you're wrong about Benghazi security - answer these questions and back them up with sources.

How much security was requested at the consulate (Benghazi specifically - not Tripoli)?

When was the security requested?

How much security was actually at the consulate the night of the attack?

The questions you think you're looking for have already been answered.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's a simple question.

[/QUOTE]

I think your ideology is the only reason you continue to beat the drum.  If you were of the opinion that the attacks were directly related to the protests, would you still be looking for answers?  What would they be?

[/QUOTE]

I look for answers yes... why wasn't more security provided when requested before the attack, why was support rejected during the attack, why the video lie (not a low level decision) considering the material was parroted by Betrayus and Rice...  why the media supressed it.........

[/QUOTE]

What

would

more

security

have

accomplished?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is hardly in the news lately anymore, and that includes FOX.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that lying had an expiration date.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's a simple question.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

See - that's ideology.  Fox news reported there were requests for help that were denied.  The CIA says that's simply not true.  You believe Fox news is telling you the truth and the CIA is lying to you.  That's ideology.

I can prove you're wrong about Benghazi security - answer these questions and back them up with sources.

How much security was requested at the consulate (Benghazi specifically - not Tripoli)?

[/QUOTE]

Nice to see the liberals circling the wagons around their messiah.

the question is: who promoted the video as the reason for the attack?

it is a simple question that the Obama administration can't seem to answer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's a simple question.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice to see the liberals circling the wagons around their messiah.

the question is: who promoted the video as the reason for the attack?

it is a simple question that the Obama administration can't seem to answer.

[/QUOTE]

McClatchy & I answered your question.  Then I gave you a bunch of questions of my own, all of which you ignored ...

So what exactly do you believe?  That there were no protests?  Or that Al Qaeda orchestrated the protests?

You don't believe that the youtube video was covered on TV and in newspapers in the region?  Does that mean that Mcclatchy was part of the conspiracy to get Obama re-elected?

It has not been PROVEN the video was not involved - it is still the opinion of the intelligence community that Benghazi occured as a reaction to the protests in Cairo and throughout the region.

Why can't you source any news reports that back up your point of view?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is hardly in the news lately anymore, and that includes FOX.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that lying had an expiration date.

[/QUOTE]

Not that this makes it right, or should I have to explain this, but everybody lies (especially politicians, and often). Dwelling on it, especially without all the facts out to make a particular episode clearcut, is usually a lame, partisan, and opinionated excuse.

Regardless, if you want to obsess on this partisan fueled overblown event indefinitely, that's your prerogative.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zinsncabs. Show zinsncabs's posts

And then there was this little gem written by the Globe's editorial staff this week:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/editorials/2012/12/05/president-obama-must-decide-whether-appoint-susan-rice-secretary-state/u72flbdEx8V7LjkTqSq8cN/story.html

I especially enjoyed this part:

While these remarks echoed talking points provided by intelligence sources, they undoubtedly served a political purpose: in the final weeks of the presidential campaign, Obama’s team had reason to dispel any suggestion that it had failed to protect US diplomats or that Al Qaeda-like groups were on the offensive. Rice’s remarks also seemed to contradict, for no good reason, what a number of Libyan and US sources surmised from the outset: that some militant organization planned the attack in advance.

One has to wonder why the Globe wasn't commenting on this whole mess prior to the election. This paper is such a liberal rag.

And what I want to know more than anything - who gave the order to stand down and why?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to zinsncabs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

And then there was this little gem written by the Globe's editorial staff this week:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/editorials/2012/12/05/president-obama-must-decide-whether-appoint-susan-rice-secretary-state/u72flbdEx8V7LjkTqSq8cN/story.html

While these remarks echoed talking points provided by intelligence sources, they undoubtedly served a political purpose: in the final weeks of the presidential campaign, Obama’s team had reason to dispel any suggestion that it had failed to protect US diplomats or that Al Qaeda-like groups were on the offensive. Rice’s remarks also seemed to contradict, for no good reason, what a number of Libyan and US sources surmised from the outset: that some militant organization planned the attack in advance.

One has to wonder why the Globe wasn't commenting on this whole mess prior to the election. This paper is such a liberal rag.

And what I want to know more than anything - who gave the order to stand down and why?

[/QUOTE]

What stand down order?   Fox had a report from a source saying one was given and ignored by C.I.A. operatives who went anyways.  They went to the the attack site but only after the deaths of the Americans there.  Even in the Fox report there was a denial by the C.I.A. that this event actually took place.  CNN has other Pentagon sources that also deny that any such stand down order was given.  So there is very much contested information that there was such an order and in any event it was too late to do anything to save the people.  You are all caught up in a maybe story that would not have changed any of the history of the matter.  Don't you see a problem with that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zinsncabs. Show zinsncabs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What stand down order?   Fox had a report from a source saying one was given and ignored by C.I.A. operatives who went anyways.  They went to the the attack site but only after the deaths of the Americans there.  Even in the Fox report there was a denial by the C.I.A. that this event actually took place.  CNN has other Pentagon sources that also deny that any such stand down order was given.  So there is very much contested information that there was such an order and in any event it was too late to do anything to save the people.  You are all caught up in a maybe story that would not have changed any of the history of the matter.  Don't you see a problem with that?

[/QUOTE]

The CIA later denied that a "stand down" order was given, but Fox also reported that the CIA operatives in the safehouse were ordered to stand down - twice as I recall.  They then disobeyed orders and went to the Embassy anyway.  Moreover, Delta Force operatives were stationed 3 to 4 hours out, but never ordered in.  At a minimum, the whole situation is disgraceful.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The CIA later denied that a "stand down" order was given, but Fox also reported that the CIA operatives in the safehouse were ordered to stand down - twice as I recall.  They then disobeyed orders and went to the Embassy anyway.  Moreover, Delta Force operatives were stationed 3 to 4 hours out, but never ordered in.  At a minimum, the whole situation is disgraceful.

[/QUOTE]

That article also claimed that Glen Doherty was part of the CIA annex response team, when in fact he was in Tripoli at the time of the attack.  The article was later edited without a posted correction.  So now you not only have to believe the author of the article over reports from the CIA (whom Fox never reached for comment), but you have to overlook the fact that the "reporter" has an exclusive that no other journalist was able to procure, but somehow missed inaccuracies available to any school kid with an internet connection.  You also have to be fine with the idea that a journalist or news organization would simply edit the online version of a news report without issuing a correction.

Further, the fact that Glen Doherty was, in fact, dispatched from Tripoli, 600 miles away, should in itself disprove the underlying notion that no help was sent.

Disgraceful - I don't disagree with the adjective; just the application

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Again, we do not know if this report is accurate that there was a stand down order.  But the same contested report says they disobeyed it and got to the embassy but too late to save the lives of the Americans there.  So what is the issue?  History could not be changed either way. And how does this get traced to Obama? 

It looks like it is just right wingers trying vainly to score points on a tragic situation. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Again, we do not know if this report is accurate that there was a stand down order.  But the same contested report says they disobeyed it and got to the embassy but too late to save the lives of the Americans there.  So what is the issue?  History could not be changed either way. And how does this get traced to Obama? 

It looks like it is just right wingers trying vainly to score points on a tragic situation. 

[/QUOTE]

Sure, and Obama didn't "score points" by putting forward a somewhat skewed version of the attack.  sigh.

Maybe the Bengazi survivors might be able to weigh in?  You do know there were survivors?  Or, is this the first you are hearing about American survivors of this attack?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

Sure, and Obama didn't "score points" by putting forward a somewhat skewed version of the attack.  sigh.

Maybe the Bengazi survivors might be able to weigh in?  You do know there were survivors?  Or, is this the first you are hearing about American survivors of this attack?

[/QUOTE]

So you ignore the points being made about the stand down order and bring up a different aspect of the situation.  You don't have real facts to make a valid theory so you just shift to another topic to criticize Obama.  I guess you are simply seeking to score political points on a tragic situation.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you ignore the points being made about the stand down order and bring up a different aspect of the situation.  You don't have real facts to make a valid theory so you just shift to another topic to criticize Obama.  I guess you are simply seeking to score political points on a tragic situation.  

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe this fine and responsible administration has presented anything of substance to the American people to bring closure.  I assume there still a very good reason why this has not happened.. yet.

[/QUOTE]

There is no closure for you folks.  You play the blame game endlessly without bothering to have real facts to substantiate what you are saying.  You want an admission of guilt and that is not going to happen.  So you go around in circles              

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure.  Sigh.

Obama played all of us, with the press as accomplices.

Did you even know there were survivors?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe this fine and responsible administration has presented anything of substance to the American people to bring closure.  I assume there still a very good reason why this has not happened.. yet.

[/QUOTE]

There is no closure for you folks.  You play the blame game endlessly without bothering to have real facts to substantiate what you are saying.  You want an admission of guilt and that is not going to happen.  So you go around in circles              

[/QUOTE]

CLOSURE????  What, do you think this is some sort of little game?

How about some info from the Prez?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

we DESERVE the truth.

Write to Alex Jones

[/QUOTE]

I guess Harry Belafonte is right.  Let's just lock up disidents.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts