Hillary on Twitter...a harbinger of 2016??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Hillary on Twitter...a harbinger of 2016??

Hillary Clinton finally broke down and joined Twitter with @HillaryClinton officially launched. The official story is that she wanted to take control of the hashtag #TextsFromHillary which has gone viral thanks to a couple of female tweeters.

I think this is one more step in the direction of a presidential run for her. When I mentioned this to my son ( a complete political junkie..lol) this afternoon..he casually declared that if she runs..she will almost certainly win.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Re: Hillary on Twitter...a harbinger of 2016??

In response to miscricket's comment:

Hillary Clinton finally broke down and joined Twitter with @HillaryClinton officially launched. The official story is that she wanted to take control of the hashtag #TextsFromHillary which has gone viral thanks to a couple of female tweeters.

I think this is one more step in the direction of a presidential run for her. When I mentioned this to my son ( a complete political junkie..lol) this afternoon..he casually declared that if she runs..she will almost certainly win.

Thoughts?

Your son is very smart. The GOP doesn't have anyone that can beat Hillary in 2016.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

Your son is very smart. The GOP doesn't have anyone that can beat Hillary in 2016.

[/QUOTE]

Hi Al :-) Happy Monday. Yes..he is really smart. Definitely smarter than I am about a lot of things..lol

I agree. I think if Hillary runs in 2016 she is going to be very tough to beat. The only republican I can see with a chance right now is Christie. Now...that would be a very interesting race...lol

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Hi Al :-) Happy Monday. Yes..he is really smart. Definitely smarter than I am about a lot of things..lol

I agree. I think if Hillary runs in 2016 she is going to be very tough to beat. The only republican I can see with a chance right now is Christie. Now...that would be a very interesting race...lol

[/QUOTE]

The problem with Christie is that his own party is mad at him. Another weak group of candidates for the GOP in 2016.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The problem with Christie is that his own party is mad at him. Another weak group of candidates for the GOP in 2016.

[/QUOTE]

They are mad at him for doing the right thing by the people of New Jersey. It would be sad if they decided to bite off their hand to spite their face. I can't think of a single candidate who would be better for the GOP than Christie. Perhaps if Hillary runs..the GOP will counter with a female candidate of their own...which would make the field virtually non existent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Sorry to say, Clinton's ship has sailed.   It's a long 8-years from the time she made her first bid, and too much water under the Obama bridge will not be a good thing.   She'll be pushing 70 by then, and unless the world has changed drastically (and I doubt it), she's going to be politically irrelevant insofar as a bid for the White House.  IMHO, of course.  :)

She should write at least one book, and get a gig as a visiting professor perhaps; any college would love to have her name on the faculty roster; they could easily keep the tuition sky high if that were the case.  :-)   Just kidding ... or maybie not.  :(        Either way,  her decision is off in the distance, and even the most powerful crystal ball won't have the answer just yet.  

Good luck to her; whatever she decides, she's hot stuff. 

"How can a nation be called great if its bread tastes like Kleenex?"    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

I hope she does win. That will be two complaints/arguments that won't hold water anymore. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

She is still being coy about her intentions, understandably, but I don't think this twitter development is necessarily indicative of anything.  Once we start seeing new superPACs being established with pro Hillary messages I think that will be the biggest sign that she may be inching towards a run.  But I wouldn't expect a formal declaration until late 2014 or early 2015 regardless.  For now she will establish herself on the speaking circuit maybe write a book and reap some sweet sweet cash before jumping back into the political grind with both feet.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

I hope she does win. That will be two complaints/arguments that won't hold water anymore. 

Sorry to be dense, but what do you mean?     Who's complaining?   :)  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I also meant to say, keep an eye on Chelsea Clinton.   She's the one with a future, and is a rising star.   When the time is right, perhaps.    

"How can a nation be called great if its bread tastes like Kleenex?"    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They are mad at him for doing the right thing by the people of New Jersey. It would be sad if they decided to bite off their hand to spite their face. I can't think of a single candidate who would be better for the GOP than Christie. Perhaps if Hillary runs..the GOP will counter with a female candidate of their own...which would make the field virtually non existent.

[/QUOTE]

That's right. They are mad at Christie for daring to work with President Obama to help his state after Hurricane Sandy. Remember that many red state members of congress voted against aid for Hurricane Sandy. Some of those states now need help after the tornadoes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Yogafriend....I agree with you about Chelsea! She is an amazing young woman for sure.

On another note..I am just now starting to learn about another disturbing scandal about the coverup of possible illegal and inappropriate behavior by state department employees..including inappropriate sexual allegations. If this is true...then it would be something that would make me think twice about Hillary..no matter how much I like her.  You be a legitimate and strong leader and have these kinds of coverups going on under your nose.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

She definitely has the stones, brass-ones in my opinion, but I think the Obama-2nd term is such a disaster, that the country might revolt against anything from the Dem-side.

Look what happened when the country turned against GWB, we ended up with Obama!

My feeling is that the country is so center-driven when it comes to the election, the middle 1/3 is what drives the decision.

Pi$$ off the middle, and they will swing the election, right now, and coming soon in 2014 with Obama-care, the middle is going to revolt. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Hillary's twitter rollout is all about marketing; her book, speaking and if things look right a run in 2016.  Bill is already helping by creating Clinton distance on issues like Syria with his recent concurrence of McCain's concerns.

Hillary will begin to show distance between herself and Obama; I expect her book to provided some bombshells and she might even tell us were Obama was the night he was MIA during the Benghazi attacks.  Hillary will run on the Clinton legacy as she distances herself from Obama and begins to claim she left the failed Obama Administration over philosophical differences, as she is ready for the 3:00 AM call and Obama,... well he can't be found at that time of night.

...the man who really counts in the world is the doer,...  TR 1891