Holding true. Less than 250k, you're taxes are not going up

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

Re: Holding true. Less than 250k, you're taxes are not going up

That depends on what your definition of the word "is" is.

Anyone who has anything (car, home, retirement, etc) is going to take a whack.
    ..and this money is going where..?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccfaulk. Show ccfaulk's posts

If they take away deductions my taxes are going up way up. If I work hard and take the risk and make a little on a stock deal or real estate transaction I should pay way more than that transaction calls for? Say I made $13,000 on a stock deal. I am now over the limit. Do I get hit that year with the full tax increase or should they base it on the last three years taxable income? This would help those on the line that do not have definite income over every year absorb the hit. Once you go over for 3 years your paying from a higher bracket.

Family income $239,000 (taxable) take away the $18,000 in mortgage interest I paid as a deductible and I am now over $250,000 taxable income. I end up paying another 5% on top of that because I went over that limit? Why take the risk and invest if the govt is going to take most of it?

If they take away the mortgage interest deduction even on income property or second homes, then we should immediatley be able to write off any improvements done to the property in that fiscal year. Not one person will invest in real estate if there is no ROI on the investment.

At this level you already make to much for the child credit, student loans interest, qualifying for any govt loan. They wonder why they fight tooth and nail to hold onto their money.

It makes me think I would rather make $245,000 than anything between $250,000 and $300,000. Less hassle and I get to spend my money.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

In Response to Re: Holding true. Less than 250k, you're taxes are not going up:
    [QUOTE]Just another example of the whacko wingnut inconsistency and hypocrisy. Whacko wingnuts are always against singling out anyone for preferential treatment. Everyone should be treated equally under the law, blah, blah, blah. No minority preferences blah, blah, blah.  That all changes when a preference a wingnut gets is the target. If a whacko wingnut can gain an advantage using a tax deduction then it's OK. Even though tax deductions are blatantly unfair and unequal. Renters don't get a deduction. People w/out children get no deduction. But the whacko wingnuts do, so if you try to take it away then they'll throw a hissy fit and say it's unfair.
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men[/QUOTE]

This wacko wingnut agrees with you. The purpose of a tax code should be to raise needed revenue for the limited role of government. Period. 
     A flat tax , or a consumption or sales tax , is the only moral, logical and efficient answer. Otherwise the tax code will continue to be abused by radical leftists to redistribute income, and to create all  manner of loopholes. 
    If we want to subsidize industries, encourage homeownership, punish the rich, etc,  do it out in the open, outside of the tax code.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Why would anyone want to give the most wasteful entity in the USA more of the peoples money when people and small businesses are struggling???

It is completely assinine!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

Everyone votes their wallets... especially our theoretical reps. 

I cannot for a second believe MY taxes would go down. Perhaps based on my complete distrust of government. Blame me?  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding true. Less than 250k, you're taxes are not going up : This wacko wingnut agrees with you. The purpose of a tax code should be to raise needed revenue for the limited role of government. Period.   A flat tax , or a consumption or sales tax , is the only moral, logical and efficient answer. Otherwise the tax code will continue to be abused by radical leftists to redistribute income, and to create all  manner of loopholes.  If we want to subsidize industries, encourage homeownership, punish the rich, etc,  do it out in the open, outside of the tax code.
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

I like a consumption tax on paper but, how do you prevent a huge black market from developing?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]I'm really getting tired of BDC taking out posts, not just mine but everyones. I had 2 censored here and I saw one that Gregmeffa wrote that was taken down. Someone here has to be hitting the report abuse button. There's no way they could've seen and edited these posts in 2-3 minutes.  I hadn't even finished reading Greg's post and it was gone.  If you're offended by some colorful language then go somewhere else.
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men[/QUOTE]

I suspect right-wingers getting all squeamish and sensitive, as per usual.  I was banned for no good reason...after several years and several thousand posts.

C'est le guerre...!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WIIN12AM. Show WIIN12AM's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding true. Less than 250k, you're taxes are not going up : I suspect right-wingers getting all squeamish and sensitive, as per usual.  I was banned for no good reason...after several years and several thousand posts. C'est le guerre...!!
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

You suspect wrong. I too was banned after several years and several thousand posts...and I'm not on the Left.

Sections
Shortcuts