How Gay is "Duck Dynasty" Merchandise? (Gay Satire)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

Re: How Gay is

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ronreganfan's comment:

[QUOTE]
    Most of what he said was a bible quote, surrounded by his teaching.  I don't think we want to go down the road of firing people for teaching religion, do we?

[/QUOTE]

If I had an employee who went public with a disgusting rant against gay people as follows, then I'd fire that person more or less immediately:

Women with women. Men with men. They committed indecent acts with one another, and they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversions. They're full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant God haters. They are heartless. They are faithless. They are senseless. They are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil. That's what you have 235 years, roughly, after your forefathers founded the country. So what are you gonna do, Pennsylvania? Just run with them? You're going to die. Don't forget that.

I do not think religion does or even should protect bigotry. Whether he made it up or read it from an old storybook, it's just as bad.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting position.  How is what he said bigotry?  you keep hanging that out there, yet you never show how.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[]

[]
    Most of what he said was a bible quote, surrounded by his teaching.  I don't think we want to go down the road of firing people for teaching religion, do we?

[]

If I had an employee who went public with a disgusting rant against gay people as follows, then I'd fire that person more or less immediately:

Women with women. Men with men. They committed indecent acts with one another, and they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversions. They're full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant God haters. They are heartless. They are faithless. They are senseless. They are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil. That's what you have 235 years, roughly, after your forefathers founded the country. So what are you gonna do, Pennsylvania? Just run with them? You're going to die. Don't forget that.

I do not think religion does or even should protect bigotry. Whether he made it up or read it from an old storybook, it's just as bad.

[]

How is what he said bigotry?  you keep hanging that out there, yet you never show how.

[/QUOTE]

You are actually demanding that someone explain to you how the blue italicized text displays bigotry towards homosexuals?

big•ot•ry 

1. extreme intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own. 2. the actions, prejudices, etc., of a bigot.         big·ot noun \ˈbi-gət\

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

[/QUOTE]

So, God is a bigot?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to twelve_angry_men's comment:

In response to twelve_angry_men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Robertson is just misunderstood .... he really 'loves' everyone.

In the speech, Robertson remarked "They (homosexuals) committed indecent acts with one another," and "they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion," adding "They're full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant God haters. They are heartless. They are faithless. They are senseless. They are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil."

Why wouldn't the various groups representing gays take such statements as an invitation to open an honest dialogue .... come on, the guy meant it in the best way possible.

I understand that that is a bible passage, not a Phil quote.

Seriously? That ain't no freakin bible verse... or does he get to rewrite the bible as he sees fit as part of his 'free speech'?

That quote is from a guy going off on a hate-filled tirade against gays and you say:

If anything it is an opportunity for GLAAD to reach out, but instead, they focused on taking him out.

That is seriously the most ridiculous thing I've heard on this issue.

The guy who purports to be a most holy christian vebally attacks a group of people and you're saying those heathens should be more christian than the guy who says he a true believer.

Incredible.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying.  Sigh.

If GLAAD seriously wants a better society, I might suggest they demonstrate a bit of...tolerance... for those who disagree with their opinions, and stop demonizing them.  Is that such a crazy thought?

Tolerance needs to stop being a one way street.  It is nothing more than a club you elitist-wanna-bees use to bludgeon your less significant citizens in flyover country.

So much of what the left says they want seems to contradict their methodology.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[]

[]

[]

[]

How is what he said bigotry?  you keep hanging that out there, yet you never show how.

[]

You are actually demanding that someone explain to you how the blue italicized text displays bigotry towards homosexuals?

big•ot•ry 

1. extreme intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own. 2. the actions, prejudices, etc., of a bigot.         big·ot noun \ˈbi-gət\

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

[]

So, God is a bigot?

[/QUOTE]

Bigot? Oh no. Much worse.

If there is a God and this God made homosexuality epigenetic, then cursed it as a sin, he sound a lot more like the devil to me.

Sad that people have to hide behind an old storybook to justify their hatred and bigotry. Then again, man has always created his Gods in his own image.

[/QUOTE]

I guess we have exposed your bigotry towards those who believe in God?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

More like the fact that you don't know what "bigotry" means and are just here to play stupid games rather than respond meaningfully to someone has written.

I'm sure you have a perfectly good explanation of why a "good" God would create people as gay, and then send them to hell for being exactly as he intended and you're just not telling me.

I don't know the answer to that, which is very off topic.

I'm just asking why you are so full of hate, and so wanting to shut down the dialog.

The left has certainly drifted from the days of supporting the ACLU defending the right for anyone to speak their mind, all the way to mandating a politically correct opinion code.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

More like the fact that you don't know what "bigotry" means and are just here to play stupid games rather than respond meaningfully to someone has written.

I'm sure you have a perfectly good explanation of why a "good" God would create people as gay, and then send them to hell for being exactly as he intended and you're just not telling me.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know the answer to that, which is very off topic.

I'm just asking why you are so full of hate, and so wanting to shut down the dialog.

The left has certainly drifted from the days of supporting the ACLU defending the right for anyone to speak their mind, all the way to mandating a politically correct opinion code.

[/QUOTE]

I think you're being manipulated.  Outside of LGBT groups, nobody on the left really cares about Phil Robertson one way or another.  It's the talking heads on the right that have made this an issue.  If the left cared as much about punishing bigotry as the right cares about celebrating it, the show would have been canceled.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

The Duck Dynasty guy can say what he wants but if you ask me its a pretty ignorant intolerant statement. I know a lot of people in retail who are gay and help sell their merchandise. Never watched the show and never will now. As most of you know I'm A Pretty staunch conservative but I'm not a hypocrite and can't stand behind this one. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to pymus1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Duck Dynasty guy can say what he wants but if you ask me its a pretty ignorant intolerant statement. I know a lot of people in retail who are gay and help sell their merchandise. Never watched the show and never will now. As most of you know I'm A Pretty staunch conservative but I'm not a hypocrite and can't stand behind this one. 

[/QUOTE]

pymus,

I am willing to bet a lot of posters will be surprised by your position on this controversy given your past posts.

May I be the first to say good for you for what it is worth. As you may know, Walmart was cleaned out of its inventory of Duck Dynasty inventory due in part because of what Phil said.

Also, A&E has made a point of getting out the news that Phil is NOT fired. In fact, there will be new episodes of Duck Dynasty this very January.

All about the ratings. All about the money. 

Sad really. A&E used to have a brand that meant a little something.

Merry Xmas to you and yours, pymus. May the holidays give you nothing but joy and comfort this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

Right? Like this fool is anointed by god to call others out as sinners? I'm sure a lot of people will slowly jump off the bandwagon. 

Same to you Andiegen, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

The hypocricy is????

I'm fine with the rest of what you have to say.  Just not seeing the hypocricy.  It is not like he is secretly gay.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The hypocricy is????

I'm fine with the rest of what you have to say.  Just not seeing the hypocricy.  It is not like he is secretly gay.

[/QUOTE]

What pymus means about not being a hypocrite is as clear as day.

His post is very clear, thoughtful, articulate. 

Wish more posts on this board were as well written as this one.

Sections
Shortcuts