How much is a picture worth these days anyhow..?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

How much is a picture worth these days anyhow..?

In response to the people who need a link to everything in life...or a picture as "proof" of what someone says...the White House has released the following picture of Obama shooting a gun.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/audio/video/2013/2/2/1359829335181/Barack-Obama-shooting-at--010.jpg

But..really..what does this prove? More importantly why does anyone need photographic evidence of what someone says to be true? To me...the real issues lie not in the picture but in the reasons for releasing it. The picture could be worthless. For all I know he could have posed for it yesterday. It is essentially meaningless...yet some on the right need this so-called evidence that our POTUS shoots a gun. Really..why do they care so much?

I think the White House should not have published the picture. I am tired of people in power catering to the whims of the vocal minority..or the contrarians. I think the original answer that Obama goes to Camp David to spend time with friends and family..not to have photo ops...was more than sufficient.

This whole manufactured controversy kind of made me laugh. I know a lot of people who own guns, carry guns and go shooting on a regular basis. None of them have ever felt the need to broadcast the fact...or preserve the event for posterity through picture taking.

Besides, truth means nothing to some...even when it slaps them in the face.  Some are so mired in their false beliefs and opinions..that really it is simply not worth the effort to convince them otherwise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Re: How much is a picture worth these days anyhow..?

In response to miscricket's comment:

In response to the people who need a link to everything in life...or a picture as "proof" of what someone says...the White House has released the following picture of Obama shooting a gun.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/audio/video/2013/2/2/1359829335181/Barack-Obama-shooting-at--010.jpg

But..really..what does this prove? More importantly why does anyone need photographic evidence of what someone says to be true? To me...the real issues lie not in the picture but in the reasons for releasing it. The picture could be worthless. For all I know he could have posed for it yesterday. It is essentially meaningless...yet some on the right need this so-called evidence that our POTUS shoots a gun. Really..why do they care so much?

I think the White House should not have published the picture. I am tired of people in power catering to the whims of the vocal minority..or the contrarians. I think the original answer that Obama goes to Camp David to spend time with friends and family..not to have photo ops...was more than sufficient.

This whole manufactured controversy kind of made me laugh. I know a lot of people who own guns, carry guns and go shooting on a regular basis. None of them have ever felt the need to broadcast the fact...or preserve the event for posterity through picture taking.

Besides, truth means nothing to some...even when it slaps them in the face.  Some are so mired in their false beliefs and opinions..that really it is simply not worth the effort to convince them otherwise.

Why would the President need to prove that he owns a gun? It's because the insane NRA thinks he wants to take away everyone's guns. The republican party has been owned by President Obama, so they are reduced to this. First, they didn't think we was born in Hawaii. Then, they didn't think he owned a gun. It's because he's (gasp) black.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

Why would the President need to prove that he owns a gun? It's because the insane NRA thinks he wants to take away everyone's guns. The republican party has been owned by President Obama, so they are reduced to this. First, they didn't think we was born in Hawaii. Then, they didn't think he owned a gun. It's because he's (gasp) black.

This from the class-warfare low-information doofuses who spent months obsessing on Romney's dog in a roof carrier on a vacation in the 1980s, his taxes, his garage, his cars and his house ...yeah, you guys focus on the "real issues".

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

To me...the real issues lie not in the picture but in the reasons for releasing it.

How can the issue be real if there always would be an issue?

Good point..I guess I should have said "real". I still don't think people in leadership should be caving in to society's two year olds...those just looking to be contrary and for attention.

If I responded to the silly little clowns who question my every word, I'd only be giving them what they want..attention.

I guess I just don't like rewarding bad behavior.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

This from the class-warfare low-information doofuses who spent months obsessing on Romney's dog in a roof carrier on a vacation in the 1980s, his taxes, his garage, his cars and his house ...yeah, you guys focus on the "real issues".

This from a troll that's only been posting since 12/7/12? I mean, c'mon. Why did you have to create a new account? Were you banned, or had you simply been humiliated beyond rising above whatever stupid thing you said?

But aside from that, good job staying on target with the point of this thread. Let's hope you're not armed.

How did we get to Romney's dog again..?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

More importantly why does anyone need photographic evidence of what someone says to be true?

Ummm, because they lie?

A lot?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

BUT WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE!!!!!

Right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

This from a troll that's only been posting since 12/7/12? I mean, c'mon. Why did you have to create a new account? Were you banned, or had you simply been humiliated beyond rising above whatever stupid thing you said?

But aside from that, good job staying on target with the point of this thread. Let's hope you're not armed.

How did we get to Romney's dog again..?

And the wingnuts hated it when Romney's dog was an issue:)....................

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

More importantly why does anyone need photographic evidence of what someone says to be true?

Ummm, because they lie?

A lot?

Heh, SB-

This is all over a gun used to shoot skeet, yes?  Maybe Obama hesitated to release a photo because a photo of a black man shooting a big gun might somehow be used in an inappropriate way.  Just a thought.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

To me...the real issues lie not in the picture but in the reasons for releasing it.

How can the issue be real if there always would be an issue?

Good point..I guess I should have said "real". I still don't think people in leadership should be caving in to society's two year olds...those just looking to be contrary and for attention.

If I responded to the silly little clowns who question my every word, I'd only be giving them what they want..attention.

I guess I just don't like rewarding bad behavior.

cricket-

I agree with both of you. The games go round and round. Good insight into the bigger picture.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

This is all over a gun used to shoot skeet, yes?  Maybe Obama hesitated to release a photo because a photo of a black man shooting a big gun might somehow be used in an inappropriate way.  Just a thought.

Hey Andie

I hadn't thougt of the race angle but it's ironic that you should bring it up as many of the original gun control laws originated by southern Democrats and were intended to keep the newly freed slaves from being able to acquire guns.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

What motive could Obama possibly have for lying about whether or not he sometimes shoots skeet?

Obviously in a lame attempt to appear to be like "one of the little people," the "bitter clingers" as it were.

And it is a non-issue but one that was put out there by Obama's team so it's a perfectly valid target for ridicule.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

it's a perfectly valid target for ridicule.

As long as we keep in mind that "Hey! I go skeet shooting!" is about as vapid as "OH YEAH? PROVE IT!!!"

The "Hey! I go skeet shooting!" statement and later photo release was a perfectly played manufactured political moment.

I'm not saying the the photo nor statement are not correct; in fact they where a perfectly played moment.  The statement made just as an aside the delayed photo release was perfectly played and planned for, and predicted disbelief from the right played perfectly into Obama's hands.  

But he is far from an avid shooter; just look close at photo the President's cheek is tight to the rifle stock a couple of shots and you have a sore cheek.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

it's a perfectly valid target for ridicule.

As long as we keep in mind that "Hey! I go skeet shooting!" is about as vapid as "OH YEAH? PROVE IT!!!"

When you put it that way..it reminds me an awful lot of 3rd grade recess antics..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Hey Andie

I hadn't thougt of the race angle but it's ironic that you should bring it up as many of the original gun control laws originated by southern Democrats and were intended to keep the newly freed slaves from being able to acquire guns.

SB,

Nice observation.  On this whole "issue" it seems to me Obama could not have "won" no matter what he chose to do.

In addtion, I am rather glad the President of the United States has somes hobbies to relieve the stress of the position. I should hope others feel the same way no matter how they feel about Obama.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

Why is the president kowtowing to the whims of a few?

His weakness as a leader becomes ever clear with each passing day.

Heh MO-

Due respect, Obama made a choice on as WDYWN pointed out, is really a non-issue. The choice he made put it to rest.

I do not believe that shows weakness. Obama deprived some from wasting more time in the news cycles with this.

As Bobby J. pointed out in his speech, the Republicans have to stop being the stupid party. I agree. FOX took a step by firing Sarah Palin the next day. I hope the GOP does move to making itself a viable party again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

When you put it that way..it reminds me an awful lot of 3rd grade recess antics..

Oh ya? Well he started it!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Oh ya? Well he started it!

Haha... too funny :-)

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.