Huge taxpayer subsidies (our money) is going to congress and their staff to help them pay for their "Affordable" care!! But, the common folk cant get the same treatment!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Re: Huge taxpayer subsidies (our money) is going to congress and their staff to help them pay for their

tvoter wasn't outraged at congress persons and staff getting health care before Obamacare. Odd that.

I'm sure it was just an innocent coincidence, see as how "bipartisan" and above-it-all he is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Huge taxpayer subsidies (our money) is going to congress and their staff to help them pay for their

Newsflash:  Americans still mostly blame republicans for the shutdown.

With every day that passes, minorities and women grow farther away from the gop message.  And with every successful person signed up for insurance on the exchanges, the opposition's veil of lies drops a little more and damages their credibility.

But at least the GOP can finally take credit for deliberately, financially harming the part of the middle class they've been demonizing and belittling and dehumanizing for so long: 

Govt employees, contractors and their families and colleagues.

Heckuva job...!!  You just eliminated another very large group of americans from your direct mail campaign lists!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Newsflash:  Americans still mostly blame republicans for the shutdown.

newsflash that's not what it's about for the non partisan Americans!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"taxpayers" aren't paying any more than they were.  You understand that, right - they are just getting the money that was going toward their insurance plans.

If you are a private employer, and you decide to cut your employee's plan, you can either pocket the savings or re-imburse your employee.  Why would you assume that employers would just pocket the savings?  They still need to incent their employees.

[/QUOTE]

The problem is with this new law they were put under the ACA law and were told to go through exchanges.

They did not meet the criteria set for common folks (they made too much money for subsidies) but, Obama ordered that they get them anyway!!

I guess you think that's ok since it's D thing?

[/QUOTE]

I just don't understand your argument.  These people took jobs that offered health care benefits.  You've swiped their plans and forced them into the exchanges.  Now you're angry that they are being compensated for the loss of benefits they were promised when they took the job?

[/QUOTE]

I'm angry as you should be that washington politicians and their staff get taxpayer money (subsidies) for their insurance that taxpayers who make less money can't get for theirs but, they whined and got it anyway!

The american taxpayers (that know) are complaining about the same thing and you dolts just call them republicans!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

tvoter wasn't outraged at congress persons and staff getting health care before Obamacare. Odd that.

I'm sure it was just an innocent coincidence, see as how "bipartisan" and above-it-all he is.

lol everything is not partisan politics!

These people who make on average 70k and some as much as 180k.

Were told to go be like everyone else and enter the exchanges (right thing to do)

They then realize it will cost more and they dont qualify for the subsidies just like private citizens in the same circumstance. So they whine and BAM their given more taxpayer money that private TAXPAYER in the same bracket cannot get!!

That's fair how??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

That's the message you need to learn. Because, again:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"taxpayers" aren't paying any more than they were.  You understand that, right - they are just getting the money that was going toward their insurance plans.

If you are a private employer, and you decide to cut your employee's plan, you can either pocket the savings or re-imburse your employee.  Why would you assume that employers would just pocket the savings?  They still need to incent their employees.

[/QUOTE]

The problem is with this new law they were put under the ACA law and were told to go through exchanges.

They did not meet the criteria set for common folks (they made too much money for subsidies) but, Obama ordered that they get them anyway!!

I guess you think that's ok since it's D thing?

[/QUOTE]

I just don't understand your argument.  These people took jobs that offered health care benefits.  You've swiped their plans and forced them into the exchanges.  Now you're angry that they are being compensated for the loss of benefits they were promised when they took the job?

[/QUOTE]

I'm angry as you should be that washington politicians and their staff get taxpayer money (subsidies) for their insurance that taxpayers who make less money can't get for theirs but, they whined and got it anyway!

The american taxpayers (that know) are complaining about the same thing and you dolts just call them republicans!!

[/QUOTE]

I don't know why you're referring to benefits as subsidies, but it works the same way for everybody.

If you're a private employer and you decide to cut health-care benefits for an employee, you can either pocket the savings or pass it back to your employee.  I don't know why you want to pocket the savings.  You're angry that we're not screwing over these employees - it's not costing us "taxpayers" anything more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

Were told to go be like everyone else and enter the exchanges (right thing to do)

They then realize it will cost more and they dont qualify for the subsidies just like private citizens in the same circumstance. So they whine and BAM their given more taxpayer money that private TAXPAYER in the same bracket cannot get!!

That's fair how??

[/QUOTE]

I agree Congress and staff are overpaid for sitting on their a55es, but I don't see why you want ACA to give them a pay cut.  And you're angry if it doesn't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's fair how??

[/QUOTE]

I agree Congress and staff are overpaid for sitting on their a55es, but I don't see why you want ACA to give them a pay cut.  And you're angry if it doesn't.

[/QUOTE]

The net is that the people are getting a pay cut, except those in Congress and their staff.   Those being thrown out of their health care into the exchanges (Home Depot, UPS, etc.)  are getting the goose egg, generally, but in a few cases they are getting a one time payment, like 500 bucks.  

I went through this math when we were debating the ACA a couple of years ago, as to how this will work:

The government is taxing health care plans if they are good (cadillac plans) and penalizing if they  are nonexistent.  This puts the companies into a box where some or all of their workers will be sent into the exchanges, some will offer some money, but most will just say good riddance.  Those that remain in company plans will have less than stellar plans, by definition.

What this means is that some number, I suspect a large number, is losing a piece of compensation (n the form of health cae insurance) valued at another large number, let's say $12,000.  Your paycheck doesn't go down, but now you need to buy health care for your family, WITH POST TAX DOLLARS.  So, if you had a cadillac plan, you now need to EARN @ $18,000 to replace the loss of your health insurance, valued at $12,000.

In this example, Obamacvare has created a $28,000 negative swing in that families finances.

Now, "mileage might vary".  Some companies will fork over money, fund insurance in otherways, close the gap.  But, it is far from certain, and seeing that you all beat up on big business as being heartless and evil, I doubt you think they will bridge the gap as well.

So, there you have it.  The true cost of Obamacare to those who already have insurance, a very big number.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's fair how??

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The net is that the people are getting a pay cut, except those in Congress and their staff.   Those being thrown out of their health care into the exchanges (Home Depot, UPS, etc.)  are getting the goose egg, generally, but in a few cases they are getting a one time payment, like 500 bucks.  

I went through this math when we were debating the ACA a couple of years ago, as to how this will work:

The government is taxing health care plans if they are good (cadillac plans) and penalizing if they  are nonexistent.  This puts the companies into a box where some or all of their workers will be sent into the exchanges, some will offer some money, but most will just say good riddance.  Those that remain in company plans will have less than stellar plans, by definition.

What this means is that some number, I suspect a large number, is losing a piece of compensation (n the form of health cae insurance) valued at another large number, let's say $12,000.  Your paycheck doesn't go down, but now you need to buy health care for your family, WITH POST TAX DOLLARS.  So, if you had a cadillac plan, you now need to EARN @ $18,000 to replace the loss of your health insurance, valued at $12,000.

In this example, Obamacvare has created a $28,000 negative swing in that families finances.

Now, "mileage might vary".  Some companies will fork over money, fund insurance in otherways, close the gap.  But, it is far from certain, and seeing that you all beat up on big business as being heartless and evil, I doubt you think they will bridge the gap as well.

So, there you have it.  The true cost of Obamacare to those who already have insurance, a very big number.

[/QUOTE]

Home Depot and Trader Joe's are shifting their part-time workers to exchanges.  They aren't obligated to insure these workers under the ACA.  UPS is dropping coverage for working spouses.  

Can you find even one example of a full-time worker with a cadillac plan losing his coverage and receiving no compensation.  Other than Congress, that is, if the GOP has its way.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

77% of jobs added in 2013 are part-time !!!
     Why? As the definition of part-time and full-time changes to accommodate Obamacare, employers are looking to get around having to provide medical coverage for workers, so the work force is closing doors for full time work and offering part time positions.

Obamacare is a massive private sector job killer!

As to the public sector, thousands of useless bureaucratic jobs are needed to 'administer' the train wreck...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

WalMart is a big company, but it is only one company.

According to an April survey conducted by the Society for Human Resource Management, 41% of 603 small business owners said they have delayed hiring because of the federal healthcare law. One in five already cut hours, while 20% have reduced payroll.

Mercer, a human resources consulting company, said its own survey found that 12% of all U.S. employers reported plans to reduce workers’ hours as a direct result of the Affordable Care Act. The impact was more pronounced in the retail and hospitality industries, with 20% of employers saying they will cut part-time hours.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

That's fair how??

Home Depot and Trader Joe's are shifting their part-time workers to exchanges.  They aren't obligated to insure these workers under the ACA.  UPS is dropping coverage for working spouses.  

Can you find even one example of a full-time worker with a cadillac plan losing his coverage and receiving no compensation.  Other than Congress, that is, if the GOP has its way.

General:

"..if the GOP has it's way".  Showing your partisan strips again.  It is all the politicians.

And, WHO CARES what is legal or not legal under the ACA?"  the ACA apparently is whatever Obama says it is, so I don't even think you can say what is legal or not.  Have you notice how items are either delayed becausethey will impact people (hece elections ) negatively, or things like coverage choices are made up out of thin air?

I particularly like how you are completely avoiding the cost to the average middle class family by this supposed golden law.  Look, it is simple:  Rich people don't care, they will simply open up their wallets to pay for health care.  Poor people will get something for free. and the middle class will take it right up the chute to pay for the whole mess, and get nothing out of it.

Cadillac plans:

Correct me if I am wrong, but the penalties have not kicked in for Cadillac plans.  I think it kicks in in 2018.  So, no, I can't show you someone who lost their healhtcaredue to an event four years out.  But, it will happen.  It is simple math, and like other things in Obamacare, it is intended to drive people out of private health insurance.  In this case, the goverment puts a 40% tax on top of policies over $10,200.  That is going to force any company with such plans to drop these workers.  Wouldn't you agree?

Consider unions. They have Cadillac plans that are at risk, and have be squawking about it lately.

Government's lack of legitimacy on the issue of Cadillac plans:

Why should government care is I have a caddilac plan?  How is it their business at all?

Is it really a function of government to tell me I have too much health care, and to penalize me if I do?

Conclusion:

So, it makes me ONCE again point out: if this particular peice of legislation apparently doesn't effect anyone, then, why do we need it?

The left never seems to have an answer to that.  Like most things the left does, the poisin seeps into the system, and then, by the time people figure it out, it is too late.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Like most things the left does, the poisin seeps into the system, and then, by the time people figure it out, it is too late.

Ok, Mr. Handy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

He probably was.  I was.  Some of us have cadillac plans, they have Maybach plans.

If you don't know what a Maybach is, look it up.  Sweet cars.  Obama's bestest friend, Jay z, you know, the former crack dealer?  He's got one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

Like most things the left does, the poisin seeps into the system, and then, by the time people figure it out, it is too late.

Ok, Mr. Handy.

[/QUOTE]

So, the viewpoint onthe left is that this legilslation doesn't impact anyone.  That seems to be the common defence, doees it not?

Sections
Shortcuts