Hullo! Mr. Santorum's Hat-Trick: Money talks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Hullo! Mr. Santorum's Hat-Trick: Money talks?

Three more states: Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri.  By my count, if not the first official one in Iowa, that makes four states.  Per the news this morning, Mr. Santorum outspent Mr. Romney in Minnesota and Missouri, and they spent "about the same" in Colorado. 

In Minnesota... Win: Mr. Santorum. Place: Dr. Paul. Show: Mr. Romney.

What does this mean?

(OK, OK...  "Donuts, but no delegates," as they say.)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Hullo! Mr. Santorum's Hat Trick: Money talks?

I guess if your looking for a candidate who will put an end to social security, medicare, contraception and would force thirteen year old rape victims to bear their rapist's child....then today is a good day for you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In Response to Re: Hullo! Mr. Santorum's Hat Trick: Money talks?:
    I guess if your looking for a candidate who will put an end to social security, medicare, contraception and would force thirteen year old rape victims to bear their rapist's child....then today is a good day for you.
    Posted by UserName99

None of that, of course, will happen if Santorum is elected president but why let an inconvenient fact get in the way of demonizing a Republican?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Posted by UserName99

Right because as we all know it's the president and ONLY the president that makes changes to existing laws and policies....sigh....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: Hullo! Mr. Santorum's Hat-Trick: Money talks?

The fact is Santorum is an advocate for those positions and certainly his power as president would be checked by the other branches of government, but he has to be elected on his positions and not whether congress and the courts will allow him to acheive them. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zippit. Show zippit's posts

I thought we covered this a while ago...why do any of the lefties on these boards care about Rick Santorum.  He's a nice guy, with very conservative views, and he'll carry a laod for a while, sure.

He will not be the GOP nominee, period.

Do you just like to read the moronic things that your write?  Jeebus Cripes!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In Response to Re: Hullo! Mr. Santorum's Hat-Trick: Money talks?:
    In Response to Re: Hullo! Mr. Santorum's Hat-Trick: Money talks? : Ahh, if only things could return to a easier time for Catholic Hospitals.... Like only a few short years ago when Mittens could, by executive decree, mandate Catholic Hospitals provide abortion pills to rape victims.  
    Posted by airborne-rgr

Elaborate?  Thanks.  I'm guessing that you're referring to when he was governor?  Sorry, but if so, I wasn't paying enough attention then.  (Though I probably wasn't alone.)

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Romney Told Catholic Hospitals to Administer Abortion Pills A defining moment in Mitt Romney’s post-pro-life-conversion political career came in his third year as governor of Massachusetts, when he decided Catholic hospitals would be required under his interpretation of a new state law to give rape victims a drug that can induce abortions. He (Mittens) said his legal counsel had advised him the new emergency contraception law did trump the 1975 conscience law. “On that basis, I have instructed the Department of Public Health to follow the conclusion of my own legal counsel and to adopt that sounder view,” Romney said. “In my personal view, it’s the right thing for hospitals to provide information and access to emergency contraception to anyone who is a victim of rape.” http://www.crisismagazine.com/2012/romney-told-catholic-hospitals-to-administer-abortion-pills
    Posted by airborne-rgr

So it was legal counsels interpretation of the law and not Romney's? In other words Romney followed the law. Ok, cool.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Thank you for clarifying, airborne-rgr.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Mr. Santorum = Anyone-but-Romney

But at very least his (most symbolic) success will extend the bloody gop cage match a little longer....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Mr. Santorum = Anyone-but-Romney But at very least his (most symbolic) success will extend the bloody gop cage match a little longer....
    Posted by MattyScornD

Which brings to mind last week's anyone but: Mr. Gingrich.  As the media has been focusing on Win, Place and Show, there's been nary a word about him.  Had to feel like a gut punch to his campaign(-ers).

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: Hullo! Mr. Santorum's Hat-Trick: Money talks? : I was in no way criticizing you but the hypocrisy of wingnuts in general, and Mittens in particular, and their latest political attacks on Obama over the contraception issue.
    Posted by airborne-rgr

Romney was pro-choice, and changed his position to pro-life.
    What irks you is that he flipped the wrong way.
    If it was pro-life to pro-choice, that would be 'evolving ' or 'maturing'...  
    So is this 'flipflopping' or 'hypocrisy'? Actually it cant be both...except to attack dogs like you.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Hullo! Mr. Santorum's Hat-Trick: Money talks? : Which brings to mind last week's anyone but -- Mr. Gingrich.  As the media has been focusing on Win, Place and Show, there's been nary a word about him.  Had to feel like a gut punch to his campaign(-ers).
    Posted by Firewind

Newt was irrelevant in all three contests yesterday.

Proving that some states just aren't that crazy....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

In Response to Re: Hullo! Mr. Santorum's Hat-Trick: Money talks? : And then there is his stated position... ...when Romney was running for governor, he filled out a questionnaire for NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts. It said: “Emergency contraception does not cause abortion. Rather, it prevents pregnancy from occurring. Will you support efforts to increase access to emergency contraception?” Romney said: “Yes.”
    Posted by airborne-rgr

Still doesn't change that he followed the law.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Why worry about what Obama says in his speeches if he doesn't have the power to do it by way of executive order?
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

Sure, talk is cheap. What I'm really worried about is how Obama and his administration have been bypassing congress and making executive orders and regulations without any basis in law. That should worry anyone, process is important no matter how much you like the result.

But we digress.

What our radical friend said was this:

The problem is that he's lying about Santorum's positions.

On Social Security: "Senator Santorum has been vocal and active on social security since entering the Senate. He has been a strong advocate for reforming the system to keep it solvent in future years."

http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/Senate/Pennsylvania/Rick_Santorum/views/Social_Security/

On Medicare: "Senator Santorum has supported the plan proposed by Congressman Paul Ryan to transition Medicare to a voucher system to allow seniors to purchase health care on the open market. He has stated that this proposed plan is identical to Medicare Advantage, where seniors get resources from the federal government and then go out and make choices on what to purchase."

http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/Senate/Pennsylvania/Rick_Santorum/Views/Health_Care/

Contraception: “I was asked if I believed in it, and I said, ‘No, I’m a Catholic, and I don’t.’ I don’t want the government to fund it through Planned Parenthood, but that’s different than wanting to ban it; the idea I’m coming after your birth control is absurd. I was making a statement about my moral beliefs, but I won’t impose them on anyone else in this case. I don’t think the government should be involved in that. People are free to make their own decisions.’’

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/post/rick-santorum-the-idea-im-coming-after-your-birth-control-is-absurd/2012/01/06/gIQAOVy0fP_blog.html

Regarding Santorum's position on abortion I think that the poster finally got one right. Santorum believes that life begins at conception and that abortion in all cases is taking a life. While I generally agree with his point I disagree with his rigidness in this matter. I myself would not want my daughter to have to bear the child of a rapist nor do I think that anyone else should be forced to.

That said, I'm not very worried that a President Santorum would be able to change what has become the norm in this country regarding abortion and I think that it would be beyond foolish to vote for a president purely on this one issue (or any one issue for that matter.)

I think that Santorum understands that the next president will have to focus on the economy and foreign policy issues rather than focusing on an agenda driven by politics as our current president has done.

Sections
Shortcuts