I am getting ready to change my affiliation.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

I am getting ready to change my affiliation.....

Oh no, I am already unenrolled.

But the Ames poll was ridiculous.

The repub party is shooting itself in the foot.  Bachmann is a buffoon.  The fact that they are not calling her out on every BS thing she ever said is bogus.

She stands ZERO chance of winning.   And not calling her out will ensure defeat.

Obama would smash Bachmann.  Even with his 39% approval.

Paul, I understand.  Perry. . . .aint happening.

At this time Romney is the only possibility.

I wish more people would give Paul a chance.  History has proved him right many a time.

And I wish Bachmann would go away. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: I am getting ready to change my affiliation.....

I tend to agree; the current top four don't do a thing for for this independent voter.  The GOP needs to do something to attract the middle or the middle will sit out 2012.

I'm getting ready for a draft Hillary Campaign to contest the Dem seat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

honestly, i think Paul is the only one who has a chance at beating Obama. If people actually listened to what he said, it would be hard NOT to vote for him. He seems like he wants to be potus to genuinely help people, whereas Mitt seems to have some other, personal agenda. Just my take on the two.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

In Response to I am getting ready to change my affiliation.....:
    Oh no, I am already unenrolled. But the Ames poll was ridiculous. The repub party is shooting itself in the foot.  Bachmann is a buffoon.  The fact that they are not calling her out on every BS thing she ever said is bogus. She stands ZERO chance of winning.   And not calling her out will ensure defeat. Obama would smash Bachmann.  Even with his 39% approval. Paul, I understand.  Perry. . . .aint happening. At this time Romney is the only possibility. I wish more people would give Paul a chance.  History has proved him right many a time. And I wish Bachmann would go away. 
    Posted by whatnow4

Straw polls are a joke , its bought and paid for vote . Paul isnt electable thats all thats to it, and hes only kept around to keep the flake vote coming . His time pasted many many years ago. Mitt is going to be the boy and he will be presured to take on Bachmann as VP watch. The rest are in it for what i call the free lunch even Perry the newest flavor of the weak . 

If i voted right wing nut i would vote for either Huntsman or Gingrich . They will lose but they arent as wacked out as the rest . And if i voted right wing nut many of the leaders in congress would go also if let up to me.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I'm beginning to think that the "independent" voter is really an Obama voter, unless someone comes along who will talk like a republican, and govern like a democrat, all tough talk, all ever expanding government.  Didn't we just go through that with Bush?

Time to join the conservatives and turn this country around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

In Response to Re: I am getting ready to change my affiliation.....:
    I'm beginning to think that the "independent" voter is really an Obama voter, unless someone comes along who will talk like a republican, and govern like a democrat, all tough talk, all ever expanding government.  Didn't we just go through that with Bush? Time to join the conservatives and turn this country around.
    Posted by skeeter20

What conservatives ? CINO  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

Agreed.

Although, Hillary running as an I would be great.  It would ensure we are done with Obama, and make it a race between Romney and Hillary.

Win win as far as I am concerned

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

I'm beginning to think that the "independent" voter is really an Obama voter, unless someone comes along who will talk like a republican, and govern like a democrat, all tough talk, all ever expanding government.  Didn't we just go through that with Bush? Time to join the conservatives and turn this country around.
    Posted by skeeter20

So how would you categorize Romney, Brown, Huntsman?

• Romney, no back bone flip flopping RINO to Conservative, he gave us Romney care, which is why he avoided the Iowa State Fair carney game straw poll.
    • Brown, fiscal conservative social moderate around here a GOP, elsewhere a RINO.  In Iowa a raging liberal.
    • Huntsman, fiscal conservative social moderate govern position, but personally more conservative.  Around here a GOP, elsewhere a RINO, in Iowa a raging liberal, which is why he avoided the Iowa State Fair carney game straw poll.

A strong GOP social conservative won't win the general election and the GOP is giving this mid term election away if the put forward someone like Perry or Bachmann.

I'd like to see Ron Paul as Secretary of the Treasury.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

To be perfectly honest, I'm all in favor of MORE people registering as independents (I am "unenrolled" and always have been.)...

...which I modestly predict will continue to happen as 'liberal' and 'conservative' continue to become meaningless idioms in the general political lexicon.

The problem is that there are so few true, capital-I Independents for whom to vote.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

I'm registered unenrolled, always have been and have voted Libertarian candidate last two elections. And if this straw poll is any indication as to whats to come (I don't quite believe it is) then I'll be voting Libertarian again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

I'm registered unenrolled, always have been and have voted Libertarian candidate last two elections. And if this straw poll is any indication as to whats to come (I don't quite believe it is) then I'll be voting Libertarian again.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink

Pink, just remember the Iowa State Fair carney show Straw Poll really isn't a good determinator for the rest of the country.  That being said I like Ron Paul's domestic ploicy but his isolationism has me concerned.  He'd make a great Secretary of the Treasury.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

If what Paul says was coming out of Romney, it would be game over for Omama. Paul is not electable, but agree he would make a great Treasury Secretary or could help an administration greatly in other positions.

I don't see Bachmann making it all the way to the nomination. I feel Romney with the right VP choice would be able to topple Obama. I don't see the independents lining up to vote for him again, and without them he cannot win. Also the Dem base is not as excited this time around exspecially the younger voters that came out in large numbers last time around.

I do feel the right people are in place for the republicans, they just need to put the right ticket together.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Lighten up! Its 15 months before the election!!

Last Presidential race at this time had Edwards and Clinton as the frontrunners for the dem nomination!! Obama was considered a very long shot at that time!

Perry can win with the right running mate and right campaign strategy. He needs come off as less cavalier and more compassionate.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

I register REP so I can vote to select a candidate in primary's.  I vote in the election for the best person. The straw poll weeds out the weak.
    Posted by howiewho

One groups weak is another's unelectable.   The Iowa Straw poll comes out a conservative echo chamber, it may mean somthing to that group but it means little to the rest of the nation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: I am getting ready to change my affiliation..... : So how would you categorize Romney, Brown, Huntsman? Romney, no back bone flip flopping RINO to Conservative, he gave us Romney care, which is why he avoided the Iowa State Fair carney game straw poll. Brown, fiscal conservative social moderate around here a GOP, elsewhere a RINO.  In Iowa a raging liberal. Huntsman, fiscal conservative social moderate govern position, but personally more conservative.  Around here a GOP, elsewhere a RINO, in Iowa a raging liberal, which is why he avoided the Iowa State Fair carney game straw poll. A strong GOP social conservative won't win the general election and the GOP is giving this mid term election away if the put forward someone like Perry or Bachmann. I'd like to see Ron Paul as Secretary of the Treasury.
    Posted by massmoderateJoe

I define them as Democrats who didn't want to work their way through the morrass of the Democrat party in order to run.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

In Response to Re: I am getting ready to change my affiliation..... : Pink, just remember the Iowa State Fair carney show Straw Poll really isn't a good determinator for the rest of the country.  That being said I like Ron Paul's domestic ploicy but his isolationism has me concerned.  He'd make a great Secretary of the Treasury.
    Posted by massmoderateJoe

Oh I know it's not. Which is why I added the caveat that I don't really think her winning the poll is anything too serious. Still plenty of time.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In Response to Re: I am getting ready to change my affiliation..... : Money is the honey of politics. The best straw poller's get the money.     
    Posted by howiewho

From one small conservative hive; which is why in this beauty contest there wasn't enough for Pawlenty.

Sections
Shortcuts