I believe that God created the universe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: I believe that God created the universe

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

"What I've said to them is that I believe that God created the universe and that the six days in the Bible may not be six days as we understand it … it may not be 24-hour days, and that's what I believe. " - POTUS No prob with that.  But when a republican says the same thing, its "he is a f**king idiot who actually believes in a magic invisible man who created radio-carbon dating just to fool us"  Perfectly sensible to some

Hey numbnuts, reading is fundamental and talking out your rectum is just plain stupid.

"...this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all."

Is not only a violation of the Constitution but also anti-American.

Hey numbnuts, Obama says he believes in the bible that the world was created in 6 days! He says those days may not have been 24 hour days but, that's what he believes!!

Rubio and many others think the same thing and are ridiculed for it but, when it's Obama or any other person of the lefts political persuasion......crickets!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Quote from WDYWN: "And a final note: saying that the Earth was created either "seven days" or "seven eras" ago is NOT being inclusive or tolerant. That view is bible-based, and excludes everyone else who says F that, radiocarbon dating indicates it's 5 billion years old, and our current understanding of gravity says the remnants of exploding stars and galactic dust slowly drew together over time and eventually....hey presto. It also excludes religious people who don't take the bible literally, and ignore the bit about 7 days/eras, choosing to go with the far more rational conclusion that if the God they believe in exists, that God probably wouldn't make mathematics and physics a big joke on us." Sadly, it seems that WDYWN has a big problem with Obama's belief system. I wonder how he can justify voting for such a non-inclusive politician? 

What a surprise, whacko wingnuts selectively editing posts and taking snippets out of context.

WDYWN's post was not about people's 'beliefs', it was directed at those morons who want to impose those 'beliefs' onto non-believers.

His post started with:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the statement you indicated was proof that he is being really diverse:

"I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all."

There is one physical theory, with some variants on the precise workings, for how the universe is ("created" is the wrong word, but I digress).

There are religious theories about how the universe was created.

Only the former should be taught as science.

Or is he pretending that liberals want to stop the church from teaching its doctrine to adherents? If so that would be some rather dishonest and divisive posturing.

"Liberals" have no problem with the free exercise of religion. It's just that, more often than conservatives, they like to use their right to freedom of speech to criticize the exercise of religion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't want to speak for WDYWN but any idiot can plainly see that he takes exception to the idea that wingnuts want to teach a non-scientific, wholly religious fantasy on how the universe began side-by-side with a scientific theory that can be tested and refined as more and more knowledge is gained as with such experiments as the particle accelerator and the "God" particle.

Religious explanations are static and unwavering and require adherence to a religious dogma that not all people share.  They are stifling to the advancement of scientific knowledge.

WDYWN makes perfectly clear that he recognizes others beliefs but those fantasies shouldn't be taught in school, they should remain in their respective houses of worship.

So unless you have proof of;

Obama and the Dems trying to impose their religious beliefs into the school curriculae

or

The Dems trying to stop the free exercise of religion

Then shut-the-freak-up.

"There are religious theories about how the universe was created."

Creationism isn't about how, it's about why.  Sure, at some level it is how, because God created the universe, but, the narrative is devoid of the details.  Science is God-given, and provides us much (not all) of the details.

As far as the Dems trying to stop the fre exercise of religion:  Clearly you do not keep up wihtthe countless relgious displays thathe ACLU forces to be taken down, as if religion is banned from the public square.

Or, if that doesn't convince you, maybe the removal of God from the platform will:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/democrats-shift-language-on-israel-remove-god-given-from-platform/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

"What I've said to them is that I believe that God created the universe and that the six days in the Bible may not be six days as we understand it … it may not be 24-hour days, and that's what I believe. " - POTUS No prob with that.  But when a republican says the same thing, its "he is a f**king idiot who actually believes in a magic invisible man who created radio-carbon dating just to fool us"  Perfectly sensible to some

Hey numbnuts, reading is fundamental and talking out your rectum is just plain stupid.

"...this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all."

Hey numbnuts, Obama says he believes in the bible that the world was created in 6 days! He says those days may not have been 24 hour days but, that's what he believes!!

Rubio and many others think the same thing and are ridiculed for it but, when it's Obama or any other person of the lefts political persuasion......crickets!!

In liberal circles, this is the wink-wink, nod-nod.  In other words, their belief is that Obama doesn't really believe these things, but he must say he does in order to be acceptable to the stupid people.  Just like gay marriage.  Obama says he is against it, but eveyone knows he is for it, and just needs to say that he's against it to be palatable to the stupid people.

In case you missed it, the stupid people are the Obama voters.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Funny how Obama is able to separate the two tho, isn't it?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:

Funny how Obama is able to separate the two tho, isn't it?

Which explains why the whacko wingnuts rigid, black/white mindset prevents them from any rational response. It's rote bumper sticker politics and reflexive rhetoric.

They impulsively spout the wingnut religious dogma of imposing religion in the classroom without any thought to the ramifications or legality. As long as that dogma aligns with their beliefs then they are all for it. I would guarantee that their opinions would flip/flop if Islam or Wiccan or even Judaism became the religion of choice for schools to teach.

There's no problem with the idea that religion and science can co-exist.

It's when the wingnuts try and conflate the two is where their ideological ignorance rears it's ugly head.

Exactly!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Which religious dogma would be taught?

You don't teach the dogma Mr Furious, you explain what and why people think the way they do. It's called education. You should probably look that up and try to understand what it really means.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

The Beatles did !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqRxi6G7Dro

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

"What I've said to them is that I believe that God created the universe and that the six days in the Bible may not be six days as we understand it … it may not be 24-hour days, and that's what I believe. I know there's always a debate between those who read the Bible literally and those who don't, and I think it's a legitimate debate within the Christian community of which I'm a part. My belief is that the story that the Bible tells about God creating this magnificent Earth on which we live—that is essentially true, that is fundamentally true. Now, whether it happened exactly as we might understand it reading the text of the Bible: That, I don't presume to know."

Barack Obama, April 13, 2008

The Rolling Stones created the Universe!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Quote from WDYWN:

"And a final note: saying that the Earth was created either "seven days" or "seven eras" ago is NOT being inclusive or tolerant.

That view is bible-based, and excludes everyone else who says F that, radiocarbon dating indicates it's 5 billion years old, and our current understanding of gravity says the remnants of exploding stars and galactic dust slowly drew together over time and eventually....hey presto.

It also excludes religious people who don't take the bible literally, and ignore the bit about 7 days/eras, choosing to go with the far more rational conclusion that if the God they believe in exists, that God probably wouldn't make mathematics and physics a big joke on us."

Sadly, it seems that WDYWN has a big problem with Obama's belief system. I wonder how he can justify voting for such a non-inclusive politician?

What I take from WDYWN in this and other threads is: Should anyone demand that the president vote for his beliefs?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

So unless you have proof of; Obama and the Dems trying to impose their religious beliefs into the school curriculae or The Dems trying to stop the free exercise of religion Then shut-the-freak-up.

Shut up he explained.

Except that's not the problem Mr. Furious (say hit to "the spleen" for me!), there is absolutely no evidence that Rubio wants to impose his beliefs upon anyone. That is unless you think that just explaining the wide spectrum of belief systems are somehow imposing a particular point of view. The science can stand on it's own merits son, it doesn't need any help from you.

No, WDYWN is clearly upset about something else, he says "choosing to go with the far more rational conclusion that if the God they believe in exists, that God probably wouldn't make mathematics and physics a big joke on us."  See? He's upset that the very act of belief in a God puts math and physics at a disadvantage.

I wonder what Sir Isaac Newton would have thought of that?

As I said in the other thread, whose OP explicitly stated the intended purpose of the thread right from jump, rather than waiting 19 comments to slip in the real point - to give props to Sen. Rubio via "equivalency"...

What got me about Mr. Rubio's comments was that they sounded like a Romneyism -- e.g., suitable to any position or nuance he might need in the future.  And Romneyisms still must be far too fresh in the minds of real conservatives as well as liberals.  Even centrists.  

It was a disappointment because I look forward to a real difference in candidates, a real hearing on conservatism, next round.  (That is, if The Republican Establishment allows it.)  I have thought we might get that in a well-articulated fashion from Sen. Rubio.  His comments sounded like The Republican Establishment speaking. 

But this might be moot, as Sen. Rubio will probably have to ally closely to The Catholic Church (heirarchy) as part of the strategy to attract conservative Hispanics.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcr400m. Show dcr400m's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Neither the President or the Dems are making active efforts to alter the intention to keep Church & State - Expressing ones belief is fine but its the Churches and various GOP "kris-CHUNS" who try to force one AND ONLY one view on others

I believe in religious freedom but teaching dogma in schools is exactly what 12AM described

If you want religion in school go to a religious school - no issue with that (and no I dont like any faith-based initiatives no matter what party) - but have no problem with OPINION  but we get attempts to legislate- thats the prob for me at least

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

How bout voluntary religious and prayer groups using school property?

Totally opposed to that.  Keep church and state separate.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts