I believe that God created the universe

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: I believe that God created the universe

The amount of republicans that seriously want to "teach creationism" is far less than the amount of democrats willing to vote for something as heinous as "partial birth" abortion (such as the POTUS but republicans are the extremists, right?) Just continue to ignore the massive failures of the democrats in the things that really matter to our country like jobs, the economy, foreign affairs, and honesty in government and focus on the 2% of people that self identify as republicans that want creationism taught in schools. That might be good politics but its a lousy way to run a country.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The amount of republicans that seriously want to "teach creationism" is far less than the amount of democrats willing to vote for something as heinous as "partial birth" abortion (such as the POTUS but republicans are the extremists, right?) Just continue to ignore the massive failures of the democrats in the things that really matter to our country like jobs, the economy, foreign affairs, and honesty in government and focus on the 2% of people that self identify as republicans that want creationism taught in schools. That might be good politics but its a lousy way to run a country.

[/QUOTE]

Apparently you totally ignore the last Republican to be in charge of the country in regard to these very issues.  And you still have the creationism/intelligent design issue to boot something Bush thought should be "part of the debate" in science class.  But we can't talk about Bush because... he was so very recent...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Apparently you totally ignore the last Republican to be in charge of the country in regard to these very issues.  And you still have the creationism/intelligent design issue to boot something Bush thought should be "part of the debate" in science class.  But we can't talk about Bush because... he was so very recent...

[/QUOTE]

The repubs didn't even want Bush on the campaign trail. I guess they love him so much they didn't want to ask for his help:)..............

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Sure Reubin, lets have that discussion. We're not saying leave the Bush years out of it, we're just saying stop blaiming him for current failures. We're not the ones evading the real issues in favor of these BS culture issues, you are.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

Sure Reubin, lets have that discussion. We're not saying leave the Bush years out of it, we're just saying stop blaiming him for current failures. We're not the ones evading the real issues in favor of these BS culture issues, you are.

[/QUOTE]H\

Maybe if DUHbya hadn't made such a mess of everything, we wouldn't be having this conversation? Bush was the worst President ever and we are still paying the price for his reign of error.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But Bush's failures were so darn big... and the G.O.P. seems inclined to repeat them.  That is a real issue that qwont go away amd shouldn't.  Aftre all, we just had an election on the issue and you guys lost.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But Bush's failures were so darn big... and the G.O.P. seems inclined to repeat them.  That is a real issue that qwont go away amd shouldn't.  Aftre all, we just had an election on the issue and you guys lost.

[/QUOTE]

And the guy who won has done more to extend and expand Bush policies than Bush did.

[/QUOTE]

And you still compain about him. Bush was the worst president ever.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

And the guy who won has done more to extend and expand Bush policies than Bush did.

[/QUOTE]

Hardly.  You love to cherry pick facts to create a false sense of equivalency.  Obama has not engaged in wars with shoddy intelligence and that not paid for them.  He has not embraced deregulation and trickle down economics. He has not sought to gut basic entitlement programs.  He has not advocated teaching mythology in science classes.  Those are biggies.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hardly.  You love to cherry pick facts to create a false sense of equivalency.  Obama has not engaged in wars with shoddy intelligence and that not paid for them.  He has not embraced deregulation and trickle down economics. He has not sought to gut basic entitlement programs.  He has not advocated teaching mythology in science classes.  Those are biggies.

[/QUOTE]

Good points, Reubenhop!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"What I've said to them is that I believe that God created the universe and that the six days in the Bible may not be six days as we understand it … it may not be 24-hour days, and that's what I believe. I know there's always a debate between those who read the Bible literally and those who don't, and I think it's a legitimate debate within the Christian community of which I'm a part. My belief is that the story that the Bible tells about God creating this magnificent Earth on which we live—that is essentially true, that is fundamentally true. Now, whether it happened exactly as we might understand it reading the text of the Bible: That, I don't presume to know."

Barack Obama, April 13, 2008

[/QUOTE]

The Rolling Stones created the Universe!

[/QUOTE]

Amen to that brother!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mythology ?

I guess you said it all.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, mythology.  Creation myths have no place in science class.  We separate church and state in this country.  Get used to it or move to Iran.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

Yes, mythology.  Creation myths have no place in science class.  We separate church and state in this country.  Get used to it or move to Iran.

[/QUOTE]

But your friends in Iran have religion too.

I know many agnostics but have met few people so against religion as you.

One country under God....

MYTHOLOGY !! You take the cake.

[/QUOTE]

I have no friends in Iran but given your attitudes you would fit right in.  I am not against religion, actually I find the many belief systems quite interesting.  But presenting one of these as the "truth" is pretty foolish.   Believe what you want.  Just keep it out of the government and especially schools.  And yes it is all mostly mythology.  There are often truths within the myth, but people like you think the myth itself is true and that is irrational folly.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.