I believe that God created the universe

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: I believe that God created the universe

In response to NO MO O's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, mythology.  Creation myths have no place in science class.  We separate church and state in this country.  Get used to it or move to Iran.

[/QUOTE]

But your friends in Iran have religion too.

I know many agnostics but have met few people so against religion as you.

One country under God....

MYTHOLOGY !! You take the cake.

[/QUOTE]

I have no friends in Iran but given your attitudes you would fit right in.  I am not against religion, actually I find the many belief systems quite interesting.  But presenting one of these as the "truth" is pretty foolish.   Believe what you want.  Just keep it out of the government and especially schools.  And yes it is all mostly mythology.  There are often truths within the myth, but people like you think the myth itself is true and that is irrational folly.

[/QUOTE]

Lets just ignore that this country was founded on it.

Time have changed and many men think they have all the answers.

Faith does not come in a 'Made in the USA' package.. it lies within.

If religion was scientifically proveable.. there would be no need for faith.

[/QUOTE]

As if Religious views haven't changed over time. 

Wasn't it the Vatican's position that the Earth was at the center of the Universe and everything revolved arount it?  If they were wrong about this, then doesn't that bring into question EVERYTHING?

Wasn't it (and isn't still) the position of the Vatican that ordinary people could pray to God?  Weren't they against the Bible being widely dispersed so that people could read it for themselves?

Not to beat up on Catholicism - they were on the only Christian faith way back.  But the point is, if Religious leaders were wrong about the Earth being the center of the Universe, why should their word about anything else be taken on "faith"?

Kings were ordained by the church and they told the people that the kings were basically chosen by God.

If they were wrong back then, why should they be trusted today?

Religion isn't a book.  Men are the religion.  Some men use books to teach and some use books to oppress.  Educate me and let me make my own choices.  Give me the freedom to make my own choices - the same freedom God gave me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

I have no friends in Iran but given your attitudes you would fit right in.  I am not against religion, actually I find the many belief systems quite interesting.  But presenting one of these as the "truth" is pretty foolish.   Believe what you want.  Just keep it out of the government and especially schools.  And yes it is all mostly mythology.  There are often truths within the myth, but people like you think the myth itself is true and that is irrational folly.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You don't know your history much either.  No big surprise.  America was founded in Jamestown as a business proposition.  A corporation financed a colony to make a profit from it.  Massachusetts certainly had its religious believers, but they had more and more people just eager to have a better life.  Religion faded as a dominant theme there especially when the believers' innate intolerance proved a hindrance rather than an asset in the development of the colony.  Business interests would come to dominate there too. Religious conflict in history and the diversity of faiths in America was the background for why we separate church and state.  Read a book or two or three. You might earn something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You don't know your history much either.  No big surprise.  America was founded in Jamestown as a business proposition.  A corporation financed a colony to make a profit from it.  Massachusetts certainly had its religious believers, but they had more and more people just eager to have a better life.  Religion faded as a dominant theme there especially when the believers' innate intolerance proved a hindrance rather than an asset in the development of the colony.  Business interests would come to dominate there too. Religious conflict in history and the diversity of faiths in America was the background for why we separate church and state.  Read a book or two or three. You might earn something.

[/QUOTE]

Also learn something...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

Also learn something...

[/QUOTE]

Feel better now ?

[/QUOTE]

The library is full of books.  And it is free.  Try it out.  It wont hurt and you may end up a better person.