I guess Obama is a "friend to Israel" after all

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I guess Obama is a "friend to Israel" after all

Huh..it seems to me that I've heard a lot from my more conservative friends about the fact that Obama has not been a friend to Israel..about how he is not doing enough to protect Israel. Apparently..some think the only solution to the issues between people and countries is by fighting..and the buildup of military strength. Others..myself included..believe that knowledge is power and that it is better to change people's opinions from the bottom up rather than the top down. World leaders..especially in the Middle East often let ego get in the way of peace.

Now..it seems that Obama...like any true friend..has practiced a bit of tough love with Israel over the past few years. When one is a true friend..one doesn't rubber stamp the bad behavior of another..rather a true friend points out the bad behavior and expects it to change. This is the kind of friendship Obama has offered to Israel.

Now it seems that Israel may finally be seeing the wisdom and value of Obama's approach. They have just awarded him the Medal of Distinction...making Obama the first sitting president to receive such an honor.  An attempt at damage control..? Perhaps, but if so..still in response to the recognition that Obama has gotten a bad rap in his handling of Israel.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: I guess Obama is a

I'm still scratching my head over his wanting a "contiguous" Palestinian state. On the other hand, Hamas is directing racist hateful rhetoric at him so I think he must be doing something right.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

faux news has stated many times over the last 4 or 5 years that Obama is strenghtening the enemies of Israel and Israel turns around rewards the President with the Medal of Distinction which is the highest award that the Government of Israel can bestow on a civilian.  I don't think that faux news even covered the ceromony ....... I guess Israel's feeling about Obama doesn't fit faux rhetoric .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Huh..it seems to me that I've heard a lot from my more conservative friends about the fact that Obama has not been a friend to Israel..about how he is not doing enough to protect Israel. Apparently..some think the only solution to the issues between people and countries is by fighting..and the buildup of military strength. Others..myself included..believe that knowledge is power and that it is better to change people's opinions from the bottom up rather than the top down. World leaders..especially in the Middle East often let ego get in the way of peace.

Now..it seems that Obama...like any true friend..has practiced a bit of tough love with Israel over the past few years. When one is a true friend..one doesn't rubber stamp the bad behavior of another..rather a true friend points out the bad behavior and expects it to change. This is the kind of friendship Obama has offered to Israel.

Now it seems that Israel may finally be seeing the wisdom and value of Obama's approach. They have just awarded him the Medal of Distinction...making Obama the first sitting president to receive such an honor.  An attempt at damage control..? Perhaps, but if so..still in response to the recognition that Obama has gotten a bad rap in his handling of Israel.

Nice spin.

the truth is that all of Obama's "friends" in the mid-east have turned out to be axe murderers, leaving Israel as the only name in town.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Hey, look at this.  Obama is bowing to the Israelis.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

faux news has stated many times over the last 4 or 5 years that Obama is strenghtening the enemies of Israel and Israel turns around rewards the President with the Medal of Distinction which is the highest award that the Government of Israel can bestow on a civilian.  I don't think that faux news even covered the ceromony ....... I guess Israel's feeling about Obama doesn't fit faux rhetoric .

No big deal.  Israel gives this award out every two months on average. 

Glad to see you watch Maddow.  He's such a nice young man.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

skeeter that remark about Rachel Maddow is very homophobic of you .

btw do you attend the Westboro Baptist Church ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Uhm. think about who Obama's first COS was, and the fact that his dad killed Palestinians for a living.  I chortled at the libbies who accused the right of Zionism when they had this in their face, and looked the other way.

I chortle to. Chortling is such a great thing. I plan to chortle more in the future. In fact, this thread makes me chortle. However, Harvard basketball is not making me chortle.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

How is commenting on Maddow's very obvious masculine appearance homophobic? I thought I was being complementary.  I thought the gender you were born with didn't matter, it is the gender you portray that counts.

you liberals have such a confused way of looking at this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Also, this award is only a year old.  It has been given out six times.

You give an award like this out six time in one year, it really doesn't mean that much, does it?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter your second comment concerning Maddow's appearance is just as homophobic as your first comment ......... Quit Digging !

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY5vCHtI9y0

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Obama is now taking some heat from, of all places, Canada for the bizarre comparison of the relationship between Israel and Palestine to that of the United States and Canada.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/03/23/obama-compares-israeli-palestinian-relations-to-canada-us

“There will be a sovereign Palestinian state, a sovereign Jewish state of Israel and those two states can, I think, will be able to deal with each other the same way all states do,” he added. “I mean, you know, the United States and Canada has arguments once in a while, but they’re not the nature of arguments that can’t be solved diplomatically.”

-snip-

The President's strange comparison caused a new hashtag on Twitter:

#TheCanucksAreComing, and right-wing pundits tore a strip off Obama for failing to understand either relationship properly.

“Apparently, the President doesn’t understand - or chooses to ignore - the fact there are a few differences regarding U.S. relations with our neighbor to the North,” wrote Robert Laurie at Canadafreepress.com, a right-win blog site about American politics.

“Canada isn’t controlled by a terrorist organization named Hamas.

(And) Canada isn’t calling for the destruction of the United States,”

Laurie added.

Obama’s supporters have defended the President, saying he was talking about a future relationship between Palestine and Israel, when their disagreements are solved diplomatically, like other states do including Canada and the U.S.

Until then, look out Buffalo!

----

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Nice!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

Thought you might like this. Not really Palm Sunday material but, I do love me a good Psalm.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9fzWq-d8jU

Thanks ..... it sounded beautiful and the meaning of the Psalm is very comforting .

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

skeeter your second comment concerning Maddow's appearance is just as homophobic as your first comment ......... Quit Digging !

I'm just trying to celebrate it's diversity!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Thought you might like this. Not really Palm Sunday material but, I do love me a good Psalm.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9fzWq-d8jU

Thanks ..... it sounded beautiful and the meaning of the Psalm is very comforting .

You're welcome. I'm just waiting for Skeeter to call me a Godless athiest and claim that he's praying for my soul.

I thought I saw a hook with some bait dangling in front of my nose.

The bait stinks.  Not biting.

Sections
Shortcuts