If Obama loses......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Re: If Obama loses......

In Response to Re: If Obama loses......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Obama loses...... : I submit that Rush is a unique character with a high profile in media terms given his many years in broadcasting, his large audience, his purposely confrontational style, and the fact that talk radio is dominated by conservative yakkers - for whom he is an unquestioned leader of the movement conservative.  (He has also taken his share of potshots at other media over the years, so perhaps they harbor a grudge. I don't know.  Again, I don't watch those news outlets.) What "standards" are you referring to?  That fox attacks liberals and the rest attack conservatives?  Again, is this new?  What you're suggesting sounds like an inverted 'fairness doctrine'. And I never said it was OK for anyone to make misogynistic comments, from the left or right. But the fact is that conservatives are the ones trying to pass laws to limit contraception coverage in insurance plans for women.  That's not the media's fault, nor is the systematic weakening and modification of abortion laws around the country.  That's the right in action, and to many, it appears misogynistic in both purpose and tone.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

So you feel it is okay for the federal government to tell the catholic church what to do in that regard?  I don't.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Obama loses...... : No because if you notice that in the second half of 2008 leading up to the election gas prices were dropping but before that they were an issue and then Senator Obama was talking about them.  http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx No President has been re-elected with unemployment this high since FDR, the rising gas prices shouldn't help him to buck that trend.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Gas prices are entirely cyclical, and the news coverage about their rise and fall reflects this. 

I see no difference between those stories and the current ones.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Obama loses...... : So you feel it is okay for the federal government to tell the catholic church what to do in that regard?  I don't.  
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

In regards to insurance coverage offered by catholic-affiliated employers (not the church itself, who are exempt)...?  Absolutely.

First, the "moral" argument over contraception is just silly and dogmatic.  Catholics don't agree with the hierarchy's position on this, except for a very slim minority.  It's medieval.

Second, these rules already exist at the state level in various forms; the ACA merely mirrors those rules.  There is a distinction between prescription and health coverages and separate rules for each.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Obama loses...... : Got some numbers to back that up? Did the 2008 election hinge upon gas prices?  I don't think so.

Start with this.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2715533/posts

There are also reports of 15 times the reporting on Bush rising gas prices compared to Obama.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Obama loses...... : Gas prices are entirely cyclical, and the news coverage about their rise and fall reflects this.  I see no difference between those stories and the current ones.

Oh no there has been a difference in how the media has reported on gas prices during the Bush years and now with Obama in office.  Under Bush the media reported on rising gas prices 4x more than they do now and they tended to personalize the stories much more, how high gas prices took food off of peoples tables or how they couldn't afford certain medicines etc.  Today they report on the rising price of gas less and they focus more on the macroeconomic story, how it is supply and demand and how speculators are driving the price up.  I suppose these economic factors didn't exist when Bush was in office.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Obama loses...... : In regards to insurance coverage offered by catholic- affiliated employers (not the church itself, who are exempt)...?  Absolutely. First, the "moral" argument over contraception is just silly and dogmatic.  Catholics don't agree with the hierarchy's position on this, except for a very slim minority.  It's medieval. Second, these rules already exist at the state level in various forms; the ACA merely mirrors those rules.  There is a distinction between prescription and health coverages and separate rules for each.
    Well I suppose there are those who feel it is ok for the federal gov't to tell Catholic institutions what they must do, I am not one of those people.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Obama loses...... : Got some numbers to back that up? Did the 2008 election hinge upon gas prices?  I don't think so.

And, some more here.

http://www.mrc.org/node/27536

Don't let the facts get in the way of your bizarre belief the the press is not openly supporting and working for for Obama.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Obama loses...... : And, some more here. http://www.mrc.org/node/27536 Don't let the facts get in the way of your bizzare bleeivf the the press is not openly supporting and working for for Obama.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

The press has never been so biased as they have with this President.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Romney better get ready to release his long form tax returns for the last 10 years.  
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

Why?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Romney better get ready to release his long form tax returns for the last 10 years.  
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

Yeah why? President Obama doesn't release anything.  He didn't release his birth certificate until last year when there was a lot of people calling for the release of it.  We have no papers from his college days, grades, term papers etc.  Other Presidents in the past have released such things, President Obama doesn't feel the need to and the Obama supportive media certainly won't call for it.  Why should Mitt Romney be forced to give up such detailed info?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from altonjones. Show altonjones's posts

I'm a little concerned over this, if he loses, although I will never vote for him.

My fear is that the media will twist the loss into some sort of racial-conspiracy, especially if it is close.

I truly hope that America doesn't burn over this........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

Let me extend and revise:

Why should he be ready?  Is there some sort of legal requirement?

and:

Why, if he chose to do so, would it be an issue?

Are you still hung up on the the rich guy thing?  Jealous?  Stir up some class warfare?

What's your point?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to "Re: If Obama loses......": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Obama loses...... : Yeah why? President Obama doesn't release anything.  He didn't release his birth certificate until last year when there was a lot of people calling for the release of it.  We have no papers from his college days, grades, term papers etc.  Other Presidents in the past have released such things, President Obama doesn't feel the need to and the Obama supportive media certainly won't call for it.  Why should Mitt Romney be forced to give up such detailed info? Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE] Name me one other president that had to release his birth certificate to the public? And also he released his short form (you know the one most commonly used in the us) and still had to deal with clowns like trump. If Obama was white this never ever would have been an issue. Also as ah independent voter I find it extremely difficult to vote for a republican at the moment. The part is too line in the sand for me the no raising taxes thing hasn't been benificial at all. Please republicans answer me a single question. If the private sector is responsible for creating all opportunities how come when the wealthy have had the lowest taxes since the depression they have really not.created any jobs. Do people forget that during the bush administration not a single job was created and were only lost. Jobs have been gained under Obama, is it as many as people would like no but they have grown something that never happened under bush. Obama probably will win reelection hopefully then all this tparty bs and line in the sand no room to budge stuff will stop and maybe just maybe I will consider voting for a repub again. I'm an independent and I have spoken

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: If Obama loses......": Name me one other president that had to release his birth certificate to the public? And also he released his short form (you know the one most commonly used in the us) and still had to deal with clowns like trump. If Obama was white this never ever would have been an issue. Also as ah independent voter I find it extremely difficult to vote for a republican at the moment. The part is too line in the sand for me the no raising taxes thing hasn't been benificial at all. Please republicans answer me a single question. If the private sector is responsible for creating all opportunities how come when the wealthy have had the lowest taxes since the depression they have really not.created any jobs. Do people forget that during the bush administration not a single job was created and were only lost. Jobs have been gained under Obama, is it as many as people would like no but they have grown something that never happened under bush. Obama probably will win reelection hopefully then all this tparty bs and line in the sand no room to budge stuff will stop and maybe just maybe I will consider voting for a repub again. I'm an independent and I have spoken
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]
    During the Reagan recovery when the size of our economy was smaller than it was now, we had a month of job growth that hit 1 million.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/non-farm-payrolls

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to "Re: If Obama loses......": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Obama loses...... : During the Reagan recovery when the size of our economy was smaller than it was now, we had a month of job growth that hit 1 million. http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/non-farm-payrolls Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE] way to cherry pick! For the record reagans economy was smaller but his tax rates were higher and when his tax cuts began to do damige he raised them again. I believe Obama had a moth of 800,000 or that could be year to date. Either ways Reagan ain't walking through that door and he remembered mainly for his charisma he wasnt the worst but Reagan was a pretty lousy president. A more successful example would be nixen but he will forever have a bad rap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Obama loses...... : And, some more here. http://www.mrc.org/node/27536 Don't let the facts get in the way of your bizarre belief the the press is not openly supporting and working for for Obama.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Those examples seem pretty weak, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Except that I never said that (most of) the media wasn't biased toward Obama.  They like him better...anyone can see that. 

But that doesn't mean that some in the media can't write about or analyze the presidency objectively.

And it also doesn't mean that more conservative media are more 'balanced' simply by default.  That's not how it works.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: If Obama loses......": way to cherry pick! For the record reagans economy was smaller but his tax rates were higher and when his tax cuts began to do damige he raised them again. I believe Obama had a moth of 800,000 or that could be year to date. Either ways Reagan ain't walking through that door and he remembered mainly for his charisma he wasnt the worst but Reagan was a pretty lousy president. A more successful example would be nixen but he will forever have a bad rap.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]
    Obama hasn't come close to 800,000 jobs in one month. 

Reagan's tax cuts lead to the largest economic expansion this nation has ever seen from the 1980's to 2001.