If the Republicans lose in November

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

If the Republicans lose in November

...then it will because of stuff like this:

Virginia GOP delegate Bob Marshall stated in an interview that he believed that disabled children were "God's punishment for prior abortions". He further went on to assert that the number of disabled children born to women who had prior abortions was on the rise ( absolutely untrue) and further went on to say "“In the Old Testament, the first born of every being, animal and man, was dedicated to the Lord. There’s a special punishment Christians would suggest.”

Marshall, of course, is now distancing himself from the comments. Of course, he didn't mean to offend anyone.

Now..I certainly am intelligent enough not to blame an entire political party for the ramblings of a few nuts who lack understanding of basic science..however, there have been entirely too many of such instances. When you add that to a republican platform and consider the types of legislation that has been proposed over the past year by the House GOP...it makes one wonder what is becoming of the Republican party?

Why aren't these people talking about jobs? Why the continued obsession over women's bodies and women's healthcare. It's kind of creepy.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Re: If the Republicans lose in November

You mean when they lose. They have a serious credibility problem and its going to come back to bite them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

None of us can afford four more years of President Do Nothing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I can.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

I can.

Me too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

A republican House and Senate is a gimme.  Incumbent presidents win 90% of the time.  More than that in my half century on the planet.

I can live with that

Greg..do you think that the Republican's will also take the Senate? I assume they will retain control of the House..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

A republican House and Senate is a gimme.  Incumbent presidents win 90% of the time.  More than that in my half century on the planet.

I can live with that

Greg..do you think that the Republican's will also take the Senate? I assume they will retain control of the House..

The way they are going, it is iffy.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Think so Greg? There is always anti incumbent sentiment, then people vote the same people in. I doubt dems with anti-incumbent sentiment are going to switch sides. Now, more then ever, people will vote party lines- the republican platform being what it is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I will take Greg's word for it...since I haven't been following the congressional races much. Although, I really should start.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Rasmussen (Friday)   Romney +3

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I don't put too much stock in polls..I think we can all agree that the only poll that matters is the one that happens on election day.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

If the Republicans lose in November...

They'll blame;

A) ACORN

B) VOTER FRAUD

C) THE MEDIA

D) ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

E) MEDICARE

F) SOCIAL SECURITY

G) THE DEFICIT

H) THE DEBT

I) OCCUPY

J) THE RACIST BLACKS

:

:

:

Z) ALL OF THE ABOVE (as long as they aren't mentioned anywhere)

I will credit 12-Angrymen for an Obama victory.

Angrymans's calm , cool, detailed bipartisan analysis of the issues, without attacking anyone or using vile language, has switched thousands of readers to the progressive cause ...

How can one argue with his detailed, intellectual discussion of the issues?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Virginia GOP delegate Bob Marshall stated in an interview that he believed that disabled children were "God's punishment for prior abortions". He further went on to assert that the number of disabled children born to women who had prior abortions was on the rise ( absolutely untrue) and further went on to say "“In the Old Testament, the first born of every being, animal and man, was dedicated to the Lord. There’s a special punishment Christians would suggest.”

Marshall, of course, is now distancing himself from the comments. Of course, he didn't mean to offend anyone.

Now..I certainly am intelligent enough not to blame an entire political party for the ramblings of a few nuts who lack understanding of basic science..however, there have been entirely too many of such instances. When you add that to a republican platform and consider the types of legislation that has been proposed over the past year by the House GOP...it makes one wonder what is becoming of the Republican party?

Why aren't these people talking about jobs? Why the continued obsession over women's bodies and women's healthcare. It's kind of creepy.

Actually, it will be because illegal immigrants are voting and the democrats are stuffing the ballot boxes.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Actually, it will be because illegal immigrants are voting and the democrats are stuffing the ballot boxes.

Aww look..Skeeter made a funny :-)

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I'm serious.  you don't think the Democrtats actually care about illegals, women, etc., do you?

They care all the way to election day.

Look, Obama supposedly cares about the poor.  So, why are there more of them under his administration?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I'm serious.  you don't think the Democrtats actually care about illegals, women, etc., do you?

They care all the way to election day.

Look, Obama supposedly cares about the poor.  So, why are there more of them under his administration?

Actually..that's not true. The policies of democratic administration are generally better for low income people, women and minorities. As far as your illegal immigration argument..I agree that it's worse to be an illegal immigrant under the Obama administration. Involuntary deportations are was up under Obama's administration..far higher than they were under Bush.

As far as policies for women? Well..let's look at the record. Republicans blocked passage of the ERA long ago..most recently..they blocked the fair pay act..they continue to propose bills designed to legislate women's bodies..they proposed a bill to redefine rape..representatives from the party have said things like "women's bodies are able to shut that thing down" when it comes to pregnancy and rape..and most recently a GOP delegate stated that special needs children are women's punishment for abortions. So..please do not sit there with a straight face and say that women are better off with republicans.

You know..and I don't have to tell you..that there are more people living in poverty because we were in a recession not seen since the Great Depression ..that started right before Obama took office. You know that in recessions the number of poor people goes up. Mitt Romney said that it would take him 8 years to get the economy right...all experts have said that over the next couple of years there will be dramatic improvements.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Yeah but Clinton received a BJ in the oval office, which apparently makes him a rapist. Therefore, nothing Republicans say about or do to women matters. At least that's what BDC conservatives tell me.

Using the Oval office to have sex with a teenager is dispicable!

However, comparing it to this is just stupid!!

Sections
Shortcuts