If you call out Rand Paul for something like plagarism, that makes you a "hater"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

If you call out Rand Paul for something like plagarism, that makes you a "hater"

Gee that refrain again. Sounds an awful like people who claim that if you don't agree with whatever they have said about Obama, that is you calling them a racist.

Such a defensive mentality. Wonder why such persons feel it necessary.

Dan Stewart, The Week:

"By design, mandatory sentencing laws take discretion away from prosecutors and judges so as to impose harsh sentences, regardless of circumstances.
    "Mandatory sentencing began in the 1970s as a response to a growing drug-and-crime epidemic, and over the decades has put hundreds of thousands of people behind bars for drug possession and sale, and other non-violent crimes. Since mandatory sentencing began, America’s prison population has quadrupled, to 2.4 million. America now jails a higher percentage of its citizens than any other country, including China and Iran, at the staggering cost of $80 billion a year."
        Rand Paul:
    "By design, mandatory-sentencing laws take discretion away from prosecutors and judges so as to impose harsh sentences, regardless of circumstances.
    "Since mandatory sentencing began in the 1970s in response to a growing drug-and-crime epidemic, America’s prison population has quadrupled, to 2.4 million. America now jails a higher percentage of its citizens than any other country, including China and Iran, at the staggering cost of $80 billion a year."

Paul was caught last week by Rachel Maddow plagiarizingmovie summaries from Wikipedia. He conceded over the weekend that he had been somewhat "sloppy" with attribution in the speeches in question, but largely brushed off the accusations as the work of a "bunch of hacks and haters." His office has so far declined to comment on the latest revelation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: If you call out Rand Paul for something like plagarism, that makes you a

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gee that refrain again. Sounds an awful like people who claim that if you don't agree with whatever they have said about Obama, that is you calling them a racist.

Such a defensive mentality. Wonder why such persons feel it necessary.

Dan Stewart, The Week:

"By design, mandatory sentencing laws take discretion away from prosecutors and judges so as to impose harsh sentences, regardless of circumstances.
    "Mandatory sentencing began in the 1970s as a response to a growing drug-and-crime epidemic, and over the decades has put hundreds of thousands of people behind bars for drug possession and sale, and other non-violent crimes. Since mandatory sentencing began, America’s prison population has quadrupled, to 2.4 million. America now jails a higher percentage of its citizens than any other country, including China and Iran, at the staggering cost of $80 billion a year."

Rand Paul:

"By design, mandatory-sentencing laws take discretion away from prosecutors and judges so as to impose harsh sentences, regardless of circumstances.
    "Since mandatory sentencing began in the 1970s in response to a growing drug-and-crime epidemic, America’s prison population has quadrupled, to 2.4 million. America now jails a higher percentage of its citizens than any other country, including China and Iran, at the staggering cost of $80 billion a year."

Paul was caught last week by Rachel Maddow plagiarizingmovie summaries from Wikipedia. He conceded over the weekend that he had been somewhat "sloppy" with attribution in the speeches in question, but largely brushed off the accusations as the work of a "bunch of hacks and haters." His office has so far declined to comment on the latest revelation.

[/QUOTE]

Rand Paul has effectively disqualified himself from running for President just like Biden did when he pilferred the Irish Prime Minister's childhood story.

Oh never mind Biden did run for POTUS after that event and ended up as VicePOTUS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Yer busted Rand.  Own up to it and don't attack the person who busted you.

Attacking seems to be the first instinct for the GOP.  No wonder they get us into so many wars.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I don't see the big deal.  Politicians lift rhetoric all the time.  Paul is no different.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yer busted Rand.  Own up to it and don't attack the person who busted you.

Attacking seems to be the first instinct for the GOP.  No wonder they get us into so many wars.

[/QUOTE]

In the 20th and 21st centuries, how many major wars have the Repubs gotten us into? How many have the Dems gotten us into?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see the big deal.  Politicians lift rhetoric all the time.  Paul is no different.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was a big deal when he lifted text from Wikipedia for a speech, but this time its an Op-Ed piece in a major newspaper that he put his name to.  I don't think politicians do that all the time.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was a big deal when he lifted text from Wikipedia for a speech, but this time its an Op-Ed piece in a major newspaper that he put his name to.  I don't think politicians do that all the time.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't know about the op-ed, which is a different transgression, but I have my doubts anyway about what pols publish and how much is truly their own.

He should know better.  Again, not a huge deal, but he's not helping himself either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

It is particularly odious that his response is to call his critics "haters".

Lilke the people here who pretend that if you don't accept whatever rant they throw at Obama, that means you are calling them a racist.

Like the person who reported my post the last time I said as much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Resident libs call conservatives "haters" pretty much anytime a conservative criticizes Obama. But THAT'S ok....

Yeah, yeah, I know....you haven't seen that on BDC....of course not...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"bunch of hacks and haters"

"Haters", no, bad rhetoric.  

"Hacks"?  Definitely.

Hack-ette Rachel Maddow's pathetic ratings spur her to attack Republicans, like she did with Scott Brown a few years ago, and Rand Paul previously.

Rand Paul was making a speech , was he supposed to footnote his speech as he is delivering it?

Rachel Maddow was accused of plagirism herself on many occasions...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Resident libs call conservatives "haters" pretty much anytime a conservative criticizes Obama. But THAT'S ok....

Then clearly you shouldn't have a problem posting a few links to these resident libs comments?

Or are you the only one who gets to demand proof?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Then clearly you shouldn't have a problem posting a few links to these resident libs comments?

Or are you the only one who gets to demand proof?

[/QUOTE]

Based on a real quick search here are three responses to posts criticizing Obama

"tvoter beat you to the hate group meeting."

"Well, you're still making incoherent but vaguely hateful noises."

"Yes, yesssss.

Let the hatred flow through you."

Any look familiar to you???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Madcow is still a hater even if she is right about Rand Paul.

Truth is that we know she doesn't really care about plagiarizing because she ignores it when Obama and others of that ilk do it. She just wants to spew.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Wow...humor and a star wars reference...     why that's exactly the same thing as defending charges of plagarism by calling people "haters". Nice spin.

And no links to provide context. Of  course. Sigh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

Wow...humor and a star wars reference...     why that's exactly the same thing as defending charges of plagarism by calling people "haters". Nice spin.

And no links to provide context. Of  course. Sigh.

[/QUOTE]

They're all your quotes. Funny....you have this great recall with what others say but not with your own words..how convenient.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

They're all your quotes

Yes, Watson, we've established that. Now try again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]They're all your quotes

Yes, Watson, we've established that. Now try again.

[/QUOTE]

So you admit it then. So why you fighting me on this?

Look, you thought you had me, I provided quotes. Suck it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[QUOTE]

I provided quotes.

[/QUOTE]

Watson, the trouble is that quotes without context obsure the fact that the quotes were all humorous jabs. I'd hope that people would understand that a satirical Star Wars reference is nothing like Rand Paul's remark, but then you came along.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rachel Maddow was accused of plagirism herself on many occasions...

[/QUOTE]

Oh, really...?

Do tell.

(And spare us the lesbian-bashing, please, lest ye be the hater who hateth)

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I provided quotes.

[/QUOTE]

Watson, the trouble is that quotes without context obsure the fact that the quotes were all humorous jabs. I'd hope that people would understand that a satirical Star Wars reference is nothing like Rand Paul's remark, but then you came along.

[/QUOTE]

Keep telling yourself that. As long as you believe your lies that's all that matters. Enjoy!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I provided quotes.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Keep telling yourself that. As long as you believe your lies that's all that matters. Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

Does Rand Paul get the benefit of "context"? Was Rand Paul being sarcastic and making a pun by saying "hacks and haters"?
    Just as with carrying the Confederate flag, or most everything else, WDYWN gives himself and progressives the mulligan,......

And matty forewarns us, dont dare bash the pathetic snarling Rachel Maddow, that is homophobic, dont you know....the lesbian card, dont ya know.

In 2010 on his blog “Open Salon,” Michael Rodgers of North Port, Fla., wrote a blog post titled “Rachel Maddow Plagiarized My Blog!

(Read Related: More accusations of Maddow plagiarism emerge after Rare report)

“Don’t get me wrong, I love Rachel Maddow,” Rodgers wrote. “Truth be told, I’m a huge fan. So, if she wanted something from my blog, all she had to do was ask. I would have given willingly because that’s the kind of guy I am.”

The plagiarism in question involves a comparison Rodgers made between the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010 with the often-forgot about 1979 Ixtoc I oil spill in the same area. The liberal blogger noted that “the oil industry hasn’t advanced their methods of plugging holes in the ocean floor or cleaning up their messes.”

Rodgers then became perturbed upon seeing his own unique angle being copied on Maddow’s program: “I’m sitting there Wednesday evening watching MSNBC and there is Rachel Maddow…TELLING THE SAME DAMN STORY!!”

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Was Rand Paul being sarcastic and making a pun by saying "hacks and haters"?

I don't think "pun" means what you think it means.

Sections
Shortcuts