if you can't win fair &square

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: if you can't win fair □

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

It absolutely is disenfranchisement if even a single person is turned away, regardless of the reason.

Honestly, I think it's appalling you had to wait two hours.  Credit to you for staying, but not everyone has that luxury and, point-of-fact, a lot of people just don't.  I waited about 5 minutes.  It took longer to walk the three blocks to my polling station.  So, how is that fair?

If the local/municipal/regional election authorities cannot get it together enough to properly estimate turnout, number of ballots needed, space needed...whatever...then they need to find another line of work.  In any case, there is NO justification whatsoever for making it HARDER to vote on purpose. 

BS! If you cant wait in line or are unsure take advantage of early voting available to everyone!!

Early voting is NOT available to everyone.  And even some early voting is woefully inadequate for the population it purports to serve.  Both points were writ large last November. 

You are full of BS! It needs improvement but, it's absolutely not like hundreds of thousands or ten of thousands do not have a way to vote without too much inconvienence!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: if you can't win fair □

It absolutely is disenfranchisement if even a single person is turned away, regardless of the reason.

Honestly, I think it's appalling you had to wait two hours.  Credit to you for staying, but not everyone has that luxury and, point-of-fact, a lot of people just don't.  I waited about 5 minutes.  It took longer to walk the three blocks to my polling station.  So, how is that fair?

If the local/municipal/regional election authorities cannot get it together enough to properly estimate turnout, number of ballots needed, space needed...whatever...then they need to find another line of work.  In any case, there is NO justification whatsoever for making it HARDER to vote on purpose. 

BS! If you cant wait in line or are unsure take advantage of early voting available to everyone!!

Early voting is NOT available to everyone.  And even some early voting is woefully inadequate for the population it purports to serve.  Both points were writ large last November. 

You are full of BS! It needs improvement but, it's absolutely not like hundreds of thousands or ten of thousands do not have a way to vote without too much inconvienence!

http://felonvoting.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000287

Over 3 million voters cannot vote due to a previous felony conviction, as per some state laws.  10% of eligible voters in FL alone!

2012 had the highest % turnout in the presidential election since 1968 and yet still was only 57%.  Granted, some people just don't feel like it, but that's no excuse to erecting barriers to willing voters.

Among JUST those otherwise eligible felon voters, that 57% would be over 1.7 million votes denied.

3. This post has been removed.