In the history books, Sen. Brown's campaign will be seen as the most racist in recent history

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: In the history books, Sen. Brown's campaign will be seen as the most racist in recent history

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Elizabeth Warren's embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

"She would be 1/32nd of Elizabeth Warren's total ancestry," noted genealogist Christopher Child said, referring to the candidate's great-great-great-grandmother, O.C. Sarah Smith, who is listed on an Oklahoma marriage certificate as Cherokee. Smith is an ancestor on Warren's mother's side, Child said.

http://bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view.bg?articleid=1061128421

[/QUOTE]

That was proven to be false. The document does not exist.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/11/warrens-cherokee-claim-based-on-family-newsletter-no-marriage-license-application-to-be-found

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: In the history books, Sen. Brown's campaign will be seen as the most racist in recent history

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's racist for pointing out that she lied about and benefitted from lying about her race. Okay, I guess I need to think about that one.

[/QUOTE]

This is not true.  And you don't care.  Just like Brown.  If smears get you elected it is all good apparently.  The fact that it is a smear that appeals to nativist prejudice makes it doubly immoral.  But if it works it is just fine.  The end justifies the means...

[/QUOTE]

It is calling out an obvious fraud, not a smear against native americans.

You are clueless on this.  The grandfather who supposedly was cherokee?  Reported in a news paper as a "white man" who shot an indian.

Get a clue Rube.  she has not been able to back up her assertion, and the evidence keeps piling up. Warren is the lowest of people, falsely claiming minority status to get ahead.  A real winner in liberal circles.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Different people. Nice try though

Try this one then:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/14/Amateur-Genealogist-Who-Backed-Cherokee-Warren-Now-Admits-Mistake

Lynda Smith, the amateur genealogist who unknowingly found herself at the root of the false “Elizabeth Warren is 1/32 Cherokee” meme introduced to the media by “noted” genealogist Chris Child of the New England Historic Genealogical Society, acknowledged in an email to me this past Saturday, May 12, that her statement in a March 2006 family newsletter upon which Mr. Child based his claim of Ms. Warren’s Cherokee ancestry was made with no supporting documentation. It was, in fact, an honest mistake that Ms. Smith now acknowledges is entirely without foundation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's racist for pointing out that she lied about and benefitted from lying about her race. Okay, I guess I need to think about that one.

[/QUOTE]

Except there is no proof that she lied about having Native American heritage. Even Brown..in the second debate..had to back away from that claim since there is no way to prove it one way or another. Added to that..she checked that box in a directory..not on a job application or anything else. The only one who really benefitted from that checked box was Harvard..since it gave them bragging rights..at least for a small amount of time.

He comes across as someone who doesn't understand race when he makes comments like "you can tell by looking at her that she's not Native American".

This issue was and continues to be a non starter for him. Simple as that. If Brown loses the election it will be because of his insistance in making an issue out of something that isn't. Most people who come from families of diverse background completely understand this.

[/QUOTE]

Great post, miscricket!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Alleycat :-) btw..I miss the music videos and recommendations.. Hopefully that will be rectified soon!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can anybody tell me on what page in the history books does it go into detail about brown serving in Afghanistan ? Or is that just another example of "Stolen Valor " by the "Colonel"?

[/QUOTE]
    Maybe he defended the people of Maryland during bad weather?

[/QUOTE]

I can answer that question. As most know..National Guard members have to complete 2 weeks of training every year. A couple of years ago, Brown put in a request  to do his two weeks of training in Afghanistan..which he did. I imagine so that he could make the claim that he "served in Afghanistan" This claim of "serving in Afghanistan" by him is..to me...more insulting and offensive than Warren's heritage controversy. For Brown to compare himself to troops who serve tours of duty that last for months and years is shameful and insulting to the people who are truly serving in Afghanistan.

His campaign slogan should be "Brown the Clown".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Except there is no proof that she lied about having Native American heritage. Even Brown..in the second debate..had to back away from that claim since there is no way to prove it one way or another. Added to that..she checked that box in a directory..not on a job application or anything else. The only one who really benefitted from that checked box was Harvard..since it gave them bragging rights..at least for a small amount of time.

He comes across as someone who doesn't understand race when he makes comments like "you can tell by looking at her that she's not Native American".

This issue was and continues to be a non starter for him. Simple as that. If Brown loses the election it will be because of his insistance in making an issue out of something that isn't. Most people who come from families of diverse background completely understand this.

[/QUOTE]

Great post, miscricket!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Alleycat :-) btw..I miss the music videos and recommendations.. Hopefully that will be rectified soon!

[/QUOTE]

"Except there is no proof that she lied about having Native American heritage."

All the proof points to the opposite conclusion, yet you give Warren a pass.  Why do you insist on supporting someone who on the face of it is likely a liar?

If I tell you I'm an Eskimo, becasue my father told me I was full of blubber, and I am Eskimo until you prove me wrong?  How could you possibly prove me wrong?  After all, my father told me such, so, I guess I am an Eskimo.

Prove me wrong.  Prove I am not an Eskimo.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Can anybody tell me on what page in the history books does it go into detail about brown serving in Afghanistan ? Or is that just another example of "Stolen Valor " by the "Colonel"?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can answer that question. As most know..National Guard members have to complete 2 weeks of training every year. A couple of years ago, Brown put in a request  to do his two weeks of training in Afghanistan..which he did. I imagine so that he could make the claim that he "served in Afghanistan" This claim of "serving in Afghanistan" by him is..to me...more insulting and offensive than Warren's heritage controversy. For Brown to compare himself to troops who serve tours of duty that last for months and years is shameful and insulting to the people who are truly serving in Afghanistan.

[/QUOTE]

You seem to know everythign about Brown's motivations, yet you claim complete ignorance about Warren's motivations.

Huh.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[/QUOTE]

All the proof points to the opposite conclusion, yet you give Warren a pass.  Why do you insist on supporting someone who on the face of it is likely a liar?

If I tell you I'm an Eskimo, becasue my father told me I was full of blubber, and I am Eskimo until you prove me wrong?  How could you possibly prove me wrong?  After all, my father told me such, so, I guess I am an Eskimo.

[/QUOTE]

Based on a statement that your dad told you that you were full of blubber? Probably not, because I recognize a joke when I hear it. However, if you told me that your dad told you that you  had Eskimo heritage and that your grandparents were forced to elope because your grandfather's family did not approve of your grandmother's eskimo heritage? If you told me that story, I would believe you...because why would your family lie about something like that?

I didn't know until after high school that I had any French or Irish heritage because my primary caregiver was my very Italian grandmother who did not like my father's family.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great post, miscricket!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My daddy told me I was a princess. 

[/QUOTE]

Obama told his classmates he was an African prince. 

I guess in the brave new world, we are whom ever we want to be, truth be darned.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great post, miscricket!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! Do they plan to let us have bogs on here again? That was fun.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or Brown the Maryland Clown.................

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Based on a statement that your dad told you that you were full of blubber? Probably not, because I recognize a joke when I hear it. However, if you told me that your dad told you that you  had Eskimo heritage and that your grandparents were forced to elope because your grandfather's family did not approve of your grandmother's eskimo heritage? If you told me that story, I would believe you...because why would your family lie about something like that?

I didn't know until after high school that I had any French or Irish heritage because my primary caregiver was my very Italian grandmother who did not like my father's family.

[/QUOTE]

I'm of Latino/Keltic heritage. Interesting combination, as is French/Irish. I can celebrate Cinco de Mayo and St. Paddy's Day. It's all good:)..............

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My daddy told me I was a princess. 

[/QUOTE]

So to recap...Skeeter's dad told him he was full of blubber and msobstinate was told they were a princess.

Hmm..okay..I'll buy both of those things...lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great post, miscricket!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! Do they plan to let us have bogs on here again? That was fun.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Not sure if they are planning to add them back. I thought originally the only feature that wasn't going to come back was the photo page..but not sure about the blog pages.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo.  Next. 

But I would be more than a little creeped out, if I were you, if I or anyone else obsessed about it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In fact, if it were one on one and someone were obsessing about me, and not a melodrama on the big stage, with millions of dollars supporting the person obsessing, I might even entertain the idea of a temporary R/O.  Racism aside.

You know, before it got out of hand...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

[QUOTE]

If Lizbeth can be an indian then I can be a princess. Oh and just the other day somebody told me I look like a greek goddess. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course, poor dear.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If I tell you I'm an Eskimo, becasue my father told me I was full of blubber

Then I'd conclude that you were just as stupid as I thought, because being full of blubber means you're fat, not that you're an Eskimo.

[/QUOTE]

My Father told me I was an Eskimo, therefore I am.

The Warren/Descartes standard.

It also makes you racist for questioning my race.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

She never lived like a minority and she didn't deserve any affirmative hiring action. GOP Senate candidate Akin makes an outrageous statement and gets ostracized (rightfully so) by the GOP. Warren games the affirmative action system for 20 years and gets defended and embraced. Which was the larger offense?

She went with what her family told her. Apparently it is also very common to have or be told one has Indian blood, in those parts. Moreover, the way records were kept made it very easy for someone to in fact have Indian blood but no official form signed and filed in triplicate to that effect. There was nothing wrong with her believing what she was told.

However, becuase benefits might obtain from checking a minority box, Warren was reckless at worst, negligent at best.

Nobody who accuses her of "lying" has anything to say about honesty.

[/QUOTE]

So, what is the staute of limitation once she realizes her family is worng?

How long does you have before she admits to her mistake?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingmarsh. Show Hingmarsh's posts

[Ummm, no proof? The Boston Herald begs to disagree.

"She would be 1/32nd of Elizabeth Warren's total ancestry," noted genealogist Christopher Child said, referring to the candidate's great-great-great-grandmother, O.C. Sarah Smith, who is listed on an Oklahoma marriage certificate as Cherokee. Smith is an ancestor on Warren's mother's side, Child said.

[/QUOTE]

There is no proof.  Child was only stating that O.C. Sarah Smith was 1/32 of Warren's ancestry.  A family newsletter was the source of the claim and the application for the marriage license has never been found.  The license itself does not show anything in regard to race. No proof.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Hingmarsh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[Ummm, no proof? The Boston Herald begs to disagree.

[/QUOTE]

There is no proof.  Child was only stating that O.C. Sarah Smith was 1/32 of Warren's ancestry.  A family newsletter was the source of the claim and the application for the marriage license has never been found.  The license itself does not show anything in regard to race. No proof.

[/QUOTE]

The proof is coming in quite regularly pointing to her lack of truth in this matter.