62% of women getting abortions in Indiana are having them done within the first 9 weeks - when this supposed "person" is the size of a peanut - and they can simply take a pill that terminates the pregnancy, and a second later that flushes the uterinal contents at home. Then there is a follow-up, which may use a blood test to determine success.
What do Indiana Republicans want to do to attack this exercise of a woman's right to make medical decisions about her own body without government getting involved?
1. Require TWO transvaginal ultra-sounds: One before and one after this non-surgical procedure, regardless of whether medically indicated.
2. Require all abortion providers that ONLY deal with non-surgical abortions.....to meet the requirements of those that provide surgical abortions (rebuild walls, doors, to be wider; install anesthesia & surgical equipment that will never be used, etc.).
(In other words, force them to close because they can't just up and rebuild their building).
Let's see. All the things that should get a good conservative riled up:
- Interference with small businesses.
- Interference with health care.
- Mandated action by individuals.
- Mandated expenses for businesses.
- Mandated exdpenses are unnecessary.
- Government invading your body.
- Destruction of Freedoms.
- Trampling the Constitution (and before anyone objects, read Marbury v. Madison and note the lack of amendment to overturn it).