Instead of congratulating ourselves for shutting down the detention EIT program, we should ask whether its closure is leading us to kill people we might otherwise capture.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

It's an unfortunate consequence of being at war.

There is absolutely NO WAY to prevent collateral damage during a war. It's IMPOSSIBLE.

So not bombing someone from 30,000 feet in their family home or in a car with their family wouldn't do this?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Not that you know of.

One example I have where we did that was Grenada.  Not a masive military power, but, hostile, lacking our own support structure.

You are absolutely wrong.

That was the first engagement I was in as a spec op and we had a contingent of Seals, Marines, Rangers and Airborne - somewhere in the neighborhood of 6000 soldiers - as well as close air support, helicopter gunships and naval fire support. There were more aircraft swarming in the air than legitimate targets we had for them to hit.

Yes, I know something about the subject.  Maybe I read your comment wrong.  I took it to mean that we would not deploy to areas where we do not have local friendlies (we didn't)or established operating bases (we didn't)

Is that what you meant?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Not that you know of.

One example I have where we did that was Grenada.  Not a masive military power, but, hostile, lacking our own support structure.

You are absolutely wrong.

That was the first engagement I was in as a spec op and we had a contingent of Seals, Marines, Rangers and Airborne - somewhere in the neighborhood of 6000 soldiers - as well as close air support, helicopter gunships and naval fire support. There were more aircraft swarming in the air than legitimate targets we had for them to hit.

Yes, I know something about the subject.  Maybe I read your comment wrong.  I took it to mean that we would not deploy to areas where we do not have local friendlies (we didn't)or established operating bases (we didn't)

Is that what you meant?

Sections
Shortcuts