Iran says if, US strikes Syria they will attack Israel. What now? ignore?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Iran says if, US strikes Syria they will attack Israel. What now? ignore?

When you have a foriegn policy like this, best to turn inward.

Which is just what Obama has done.  Back to gun control, back to pushing for more taxes, back to messing with the people here because the people there told you to go scr3w.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Lets try logic.

We have the US and co. stating that Assad's forces used chemical weapons but, they cant really prove it because he bombed the area after the chemical use to destroy the evidence.

We have Russia and co. that say there is no evidence the syrian govt used chemical weapons and that it could have been the rebels since they were caught with a serin gas cannister 2 weeks ago along the Turkish border. Turkey has yet to release this evidence.

To me that's a stalemate!

Logic!

Who had the most to gain/lose by the use of chemical weapons?

By every account Assad's forces are advancing in the war and have the upper hand so, for them to use chemical weapons while (winning) seems idiotic since it will likely be met with an attack on them by the US to shift the balance of the war.

The rebels on the other hand are being driven back and losing ground in the war; they are less trained and less equipped than the regimes forces so, they would welcome an attack by the US on Assads military to try and regain momentum.

Could it have been a false flag attack?

If, so did the US know or do we know now?

I do not think we know; I do think we could be getting played by the rebels who are made up of a lot of foreign fighters who has little connection to the Syrian people that were gassed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Actually, I prefer copy/pasting the same post into five threads. That way people will know I'm right! 

lol, audience!

Care to try and be relevent and answer the question? Why would Assad who is a bad guy but, not stupid risk a USA attack when he has the upperhand in the war by gassing a village?

The rebels clearly have more to gain from this gas attack if, it prompts a military attack on Assads forces, than Assad, right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

What convinced Obama that the regime carried out the attack were "panicked" phone calls we intercepted from their chemical weapons unit to the military, immediately after the attack.

The public doesn't have all the facts.

Why would the regimes chemical weapons unit be panicked if, they were involved in the attack?

Or are you saying it was rogue members of the regime?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Not necessarily rogue members. Just one portion of the military apparatus calling the other, panicked. ie, "hey, what the hell are you doing? The Americans will attack us now!"

[QUOTE]

Ok, fair enough but, that doesnt sound like very strong evidence. Could it of been the chemical weapons branch wrongly assumed it s the syrian army who performed the attack?

I heard scuttlebutt that it was rebels who had lack of training and accidently detonated the chemical weapon in their neighborhood; which is freasible as well.

I just hope that whatever evidence the admin shares with congress is more specfic and stronger.

Sections
Shortcuts