Irony alert: Michelle Obama bemoans money in politics, asks donors for ‘big, fat check’

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Irony alert: Michelle Obama bemoans money in politics, asks donors for ‘big, fat check’

It would be hilarious if it were not so serious...Michelle Obama, partisan Democrat leftist,  appearing at a fundraiser in Chicago in front of crony capitalists and various lobbyists whose bread and butter requires Government money, bemoaning the evil influence of money, (GOP Money, that is) and asking for a "big, fat check" which will make all the difference!

She blasted special interest groups that funnel money to Republicans.

“So, yeah, there’s too much money in politics. There’s special interests that have too much influence. But they had all that money and all that influence back in 2008 and 2012 and we still won those elections,” she said.

Mrs. Obama then urged fellow Democrats to add even more money to the political system.

“There is something you can do right now today to make a difference, and that is to write a big, fat check. I kid you not,” she said. “I’m going to be honest with you. That’s what we need you to do right now. We need you to write the biggest, fattest check that you can possibly write.”

Michelle Obama  is America's First Lady, and does many charitable things and bipartisan events for which Americans can thank her. However, she cant have it both ways, and by speaking as a fundraising hypocritical partisan hack, she is not above reproach...

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/24/michelle-obama-says-money-in-politics-is-bad-asks-/#ixzz38UIZ4w7X
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: Irony alert: Michelle Obama bemoans money in politics, asks donors for ‘big, fat check’

There's nothing ironic or hypocritical here.  You might not like the DH rule - doesn't mean you let your pitcher step up to the plate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: Irony alert: Michelle Obama bemoans money in politics, asks donors for ‘big, fat check’

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's nothing ironic or hypocritical here.  You might not like the DH rule - doesn't mean you let your pitcher step up to the plate.

[/QUOTE]

Whatever you say......

At least the President has been a tremendous success at something: raising money for Democrats...

Obama spends an unprecedented amount of time (double what Bush did) fundraising, hobnobbing with the filthy rich and celebrities in Hollywood, shaking them down for big money and saying nasty things about Republicans... That is not what we elected a President for....

And as the cherry on top of the sundae, the self righteous Barack and Michelle bemoan the evil influence of money, at $30,000 a plate fundraisers...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I have a feeling that the donators are betting that the Democrats will do pretty good in the 2014's mid terms

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

I have a feeling that the donators are betting that the Democrats will do pretty good in the 2014's mid terms

The donators are betting that they will get favorable treatment when their lobbyists appear before the Obama bureaucrats at the IRS, FCC, FEC, EPA...

It is a good bet. Ask Comcast!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The donators are betting that they will get favorable treatment when their lobbyists appear before the Obama bureaucrats at the IRS, FCC, FEC, EPA...

[/QUOTE]

no koch bros ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whatever you say......

At least the President has been a tremendous success at something: raising money for Democrats...

Obama spends an unprecedented amount of time (double what Bush did) fundraising, hobnobbing with the filthy rich and celebrities in Hollywood, shaking them down for big money and saying nasty things about Republicans... That is not what we elected a President for....

And as the cherry on top of the sundae, the self righteous Barack and Michelle bemoan the evil influence of money, at $30,000 a plate fundraisers...

[/QUOTE]

He'd be the first to agree with you - reverse Citizens United and put sensible caps on campaign spending.  Then the President can get back to business.  If you're not advocating for that, you're basically David Ortiz whining that the pitcher doesn't step in the box.  I don't see how anybody could see it any other way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whatever you say......

[/QUOTE]

He'd be the first to agree with you - reverse Citizens United and put sensible caps on campaign spending.  Then the President can get back to business.  If you're not advocating for that, you're basically David Ortiz whining that the pitcher doesn't step in the box.  I don't see how anybody could see it any other way.

[/QUOTE]

So the President is saying.....stop me before I corrupt the system by taking more corrupt big money!

If he was truly concerned about the supposed bad influence of camapign contributions, and truly believed of the corruption inherent in money donations from wealthy benefactors whose wealth is dependent on Government,  he wouldnt take the money.

What Democrat "campaign finance reform" is really about is muzzling the opposition, and restricting the First Amendment... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whatever you say......

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So the President is saying.....stop me before I corrupt the system by taking more corrupt big money!

If he was truly concerned about the supposed bad influence of camapign contributions, and truly believed of the corruption inherent in money donations from wealthy benefactors whose wealth is dependent on Government,  he wouldnt take the money.

What Democrat "campaign finance reform" is really about is muzzling the opposition, and restricting the First Amendment... 

[/QUOTE]

What's the matter, my DH metaphor is going over your head?  You play by the rules in place - it doesn't mean you have you keep your mouth shut about the stupid ones.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whatever you say......

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's the matter, my DH metaphor is going over your head?  You play by the rules in place - it doesn't mean you have you keep your mouth shut about the stupid ones.

[/QUOTE]

A better Ortiz metaphor would be Big Papi screaming about the unfair advantage for those players taking "vitamin water" and how vitamin water is ruining the game.....while he brags about drinking more gallons of vitamin water than any other player...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no koch bros ?

[/QUOTE]

The Koch Brothers are libertarians, they just want an opportunity for their businesses to succeed on their own merits...they dont want Government subsidies.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whatever you say......

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A better Ortiz metaphor would be Big Papi screaming about the unfair advantage for those players taking "vitamin water" and how vitamin water is ruining the game.....while he brags about drinking more gallons of vitamin water than any other player...

[/QUOTE]

Is 'vitamin water' code for PEDs?  If so, that's a terrible analogy because you're equating (falsely) the fund-raising with an illegal act.  

The hypocrisy is all on you - you try to rig the game with rules that undermine democracy, and you still can't win so you cry no fair when the Dems exploit the rules you wrote.  Weak and dumb.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

If the rules are wrong, then change them.  But don't complain about people playing the game by the rules.  

A coach in the AL may not like the DH rule, but he'd be a fool not to use a DH.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

But somehow, CLC managed not to see any irony or hypocrisy in conservatives bemoaning the stimulus while grubbing for the maximum stimulus payout.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

In response to 8101956's comment:

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pat's Fan lost inane oholes Hypocracy knows no bounds

i wonder after Ohole is president and he takes in a billion dollars whether or not that will be too much?

probably not for the royalpbytch

I love cryptography

[/QUOTE]

I think it's more an issue of alchoholography. Yet another reason that I think computers should have a breathalyzer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to hypertext's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

i wonder after Ohole is president and he takes in a billion dollars whether or not that will be too much?

[/QUOTE]

I love cryptography

[/QUOTE]

I think it's more an issue of alchoholography. Yet another reason that I think computers should have a breathalyzer.

[/QUOTE]

Phrenology more likely. Progressives have bumps all over their heads where people have been trying to knock some common sense into them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

ronnie your noggin must look like a repository

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

Big as a hot air ballon and hard as a rock!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hypertext's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I love cryptography

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Phrenology more likely. Progressives have bumps all over their heads where people have been trying to knock some common sense into them.

[/QUOTE]

Phrenology was a science embraced by the Nazis. It has been discounted ever since. Interesting that you should apply that to "progressives".  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Big as a hot air ballon and hard as a rock!

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry .... thanks for correcting me !

Sections
Shortcuts