Is Justice Scalia a dishonorable person ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Is Justice Scalia a dishonorable person ?

If the soon to be extinct GOP  can't win an election they want to put their thumbs on the scales and devalve the vote of the Democrats.

By making the rules the same for everyone?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

These laws, like every other law, are not invoked unless someone violates the voting rights of a citizen of the USA

That's not true, read section 5 of the voting rights act.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to FortySixAnd2's comment:

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

skeeter are you saying the only way to find out if racism exist in the Good Old U.S. of A. is to ask tough questions .......... i.e. "Mr Romney because your father was born in Mexico can we see birth certificate ?" I would like to know why  that question was never asked of Mr 47% but it was constantly thrown in the face of Obama ? Is it because Obama doesn't look like one of us but one of ........ ?

BTW explain your question Mr Wizard ....  are you saying that you are a racist ?

The question is, does racism exist in respect to voting inthese areas.  If it does, people ought to be frogg-marched to jail.

But, insterad, you make it an emotional issue, as if everyone doesn't want honest voting, every legitimate voter getting to vote once per election, not denied for any reason, not allowedto vote multiple times, like some Obama voters.

If the soon to be extinct GOP  can't win an election they want to put their thumbs on the scales and devalve the vote of the Democrats.

Do you think this country will only be left with one party (Dems) or do you think another will emerge when, per your belief, the GOP becomes extinct?

What is happening now is that the political pendulum is swinging to the left after 30 years of being on the right.

BTW by me saying that the GOP will become extinct is meant to tweek the noses of the more unreasonable righties on this threa

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

I think the rules for voting is the same for all Americans but the the rules in the countingof  a person's vote isn't the same for everyone .

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter are you saying the only way to find out if racism exist in the Good Old U.S. of A. is to ask tough questions .......... i.e. "Mr Romney because your father was born in Mexico can we see birth certificate ?" I would like to know why  that question was never asked of Mr 47% but it was constantly thrown in the face of Obama ? Is it because Obama doesn't look like one of us but one of ........ ?

BTW explain your question Mr Wizard ....  are you saying that you are a racist ?

The question is, does racism exist in respect to voting inthese areas.  If it does, people ought to be frogg-marched to jail.

But, insterad, you make it an emotional issue, as if everyone doesn't want honest voting, every legitimate voter getting to vote once per election, not denied for any reason, not allowedto vote multiple times, like some Obama voters.

Do you think this country will only be left with one party (Dems) or do you think another will emerge when, per your belief, the GOP becomes extinct?

What is happening now is that the political pendulum is swinging to the left after 30 years of being on the right.

BTW by me saying that the GOP will become extinct is meant to tweek the noses of the more unreasonable righties on this threa

Gotcha

Well if you got me let me go .... :) !!!!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

These laws, like every other law, are not invoked unless someone violates the voting rights of a citizen of the USA.

--------------------------------------------

Uhm, no.  The 9 states subject to section 5 cannot change voting rules with asking the Fed for permission first.  Its a receivership.

Not really a receivership: the national government does not dictate districts and the like.  A court has to determine who is right in such disputes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I can't tell from dishonorable...

...but from what I've heard and seen, he is definitely a testy, self-righteous a##hole.

Nothing odd about that in Washington....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I think the rules for voting is the same for all Americans but the the rules in the countingof  a person's vote isn't the same for everyone .

These rules are not the same Sister. Some states must, by federal law, have any changed to their voting laws be reviewd by a federal court. Not ALL states, SOME states.

Your're right about the counting of votes though. This is why you had the progressive, Soros funded "Secretary of State" project. The Al Franken election is a case in point, they just kept finding new bags of ballots until Franken won. Later we found out that over a thousand felons voted in an election that was won by less than 400 votes.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

These rules are not the same Sister. Some states must, by federal law, have any changed to their voting laws be reviewd by a federal court. Not ALL states, SOME states.

Your're right about the counting of votes though. This is why you had the progressive, Soros funded "Secretary of State" project. The Al Franken election is a case in point, they just kept finding new bags of ballots until Franken won. Later we found out that over a thousand felons voted in an election that was won by less than 400 votes.

Stalking Butler I thought they changed the name of Hail to the Chief to Hail to the Thief in November of double ott ?

BTW I thought The Taggster own voting machines that were used in 5 states in the last election ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

BTW I thought The Taggster own voting machines that were used in 5 states in the last election ?

And yet he lost anyway. I wonder who was counting?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:

Or is the question, does it exist in this generation's form, anywhere?  I don't have a problem with the Supreme Court of all the land taking a decision that applies to all the land -- Massachusetts included.  But if the Chief Justice, Justice Scalia and skeeter20@14,000 are still asking the question, implying a right answer, it can't be time for roll back, let alone repeal.

Asking WHAT question?

You assume facts not in evidence.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Backwards.  You got it backwards.

Hence, the legislation in question.

States make the rules about how voting goes down.  In the case of 9 states, apparently, the Feds have oversight.

All votes count the same, i.e. one per voter.

What is up for discussion is whether the conditions that caused the federal oversight are still in play.

That Scalia is questioning this is what has the left screaming racist.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

And yet he lost anyway. I wonder who was counting?

The better man won . BTW what is your opinion on doing away with the Electoral College and just having a National Popular Vote ? I myself like the popular vote ... I think that is true democracy .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Backwards.  You got it backwards.

Hence, the legislation in question.

States make the rules about how voting goes down.  In the case of 9 states, apparently, the Feds have oversight.

All votes count the same, i.e. one per voter.

What is up for discussion is whether the conditions that caused the federal oversight are still in plal.

That Scalia is questioning this is what has the left screaming racist.

The Voting Rights Act that Martin Luther King fought for, which protects everyone's right to vote, is a "racial entitlement" now?

Let's just be honest about what Antonin Scalia is - click LIKE if you agree.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

The better man won.

Better at what? Actually, the better machine won.

BTW what is your opinion on doing away with the Electoral College and just having a National Popular Vote ? I myself like the popular vote ... I think that is true democracy .

This is a very bad idea.  There's some very good reasons, set forth by some brilliant men, why we are a democratic republic and not a democracy.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:

Yup racism is rampant in the US.... only AFTER Obama takes office..

Seems to me Obama is the fear mongering racist.

Racism ramped up after Obama's election precisely because a Black man was in the White House.

Prejudiced people see it the opposite way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Racism ramped up after Obama's election precisely because a Black man was in the White House.

That's why a black man was elected to the office in the land. Twice. We are SOOOOO racist.

Sections
Shortcuts