Is Libia Arms Obama's Iran/Contra?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Is Libia Arms Obama's Iran/Contra?

It should be interesting to see the reaction at some point in the future when a Republican president exercises those same powers. No doubt the liberals on this board will respond with equanimity and restraint.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It should be interesting to see the reaction at some point in the future when a Republican president exercises those same powers. No doubt the liberals on this board will respond with equanimity and restraint.

[/QUOTE]

When it does happen I am sure you will lead the charge against his abuse of the War Powers Act.  Right.  Sure... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

When it does happen I am sure you will lead the charge against his abuse of the War Powers Act.  Right.  Sure...

Yes, I will Reubin.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So this is what this is all about.  Just plain old partisanship by the loyal opposition.  There it is.  Point made and taken.  You win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was a NATO mission.

We are a member of NATO and as such, we are REQUIRED, by the terms of the treaty to participate. Such action does not require Congressional approval.

There is also the War Powers Act which gives the PotUS discretion for limited engagemnts of short duration. Libya fits that to a tee.

And of course there's also the fact that we transitioned from an attack role to a support role quickly and well within the War Powers Act definition. Since no Americans were in direct combat then it is not an issue that Congress has any say in. The PotUS runs the military.

[/QUOTE]

So, congressinal approval was nt needed for Iraq and Afghanistan actions?

Man, just keep spinning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh why bother. The f**king morons will simply tell themselves they're right because they said they were right.

Go on, SB and skeetard. Rail against Obama for imaginary violations of the war powers act. It will have precisely zero effect on world events, but hey, it'll make you feel better. We'll leave you alone. Shout at those walls and really teach them a lesson!

[/QUOTE]

I'm asking the question, and you don't seem to be able to answer it. 

I think you are just frustrated that you can't lash out against Bush on this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, I will Reubin.

[/QUOTE]

Did you do it in the past?  This situation is little different than dozens of operations conducted by presidents (of both parties) over the years.  And yet this one is the focus of complaint...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Did you do it in the past?  This situation is little different than dozens of operations conducted by presidents (of both parties) over the years.  And yet this one is the focus of complaint...

Yes I have Reubin. My allegiance to the Constitution does not change depending upon the party in power.

Sections
Shortcuts