Is there a media bias what do you think.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

This is an exerpt from a AP article. How do you feel about it?

A full 55 percent of likely American voters think that media bias is more of a problem than campaign contributions in the presidential race, according to a Rasmussen Reports poll released Monday.

This poll follows another Rasmussen poll conducted July 19 which revealed that 57 percent of likely voters think Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) has received the best treatment from the media so far, while 21 percent or respondents think Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) has received the best media treatment.

Additionally, 49 percent think reporters will try to help Obama win the presidential campaign, while 14 percent think reporters will help McCain.

But the poll released Monday shows that despite a lack of trust of politicians to adhere to campaign contribution rules, the public sees media bias as a larger problem.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

Waaah! They like the other team better than mine! Waaah!

Of course there's media bias. In all stories. You have to read between the lines. But guess what, it's not a conspiracy, it's how the reporter writes the article.

I can't believe there are still adults out there who don't understand how to read critically and think information should be spoon-fed to them (despite the fact that this is impossible).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

The only bias is in the media not reporting on the real issues and the real positions of the candidates...ALL of the candidates...instead of the latest "lipstick" gaffe or how many cars one guy owns.

I suppose I could complain about Mrs. Palin being locked up for weeks where no journalists can ask her even a single substantive policy question. Unfortunately, the media brought this upon themselves.

The real problem is that politics bores the holy cra(p) out of most Americans, so the media thinks it has to appeal to the lowest possible denominator and treat it like some kind of sporting event.

Before too long, they'll have the "official weigh-in and measurement" before every debate. What will they measure? Ask Freud....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

I can't believe there are still adults out there who don't understand how to read critically and think information should be spoon-fed to them (despite the fact that this is impossible).

ManOTSM! Snap out of it! Read CRITICALLY? Are you mad? We live in the (alleged) "Athens of America", and there are so many who can neither speak nor write their OWN ideas effectively. You want analysis? LOL! I work in the North Station area, and I see hundreds of passersby every day who make me want to hurl when I think of them as potential voters. And it's not because I don't think I would agree with them. Lord knows there are several posters on these boards I don't agree with, but I can at least respect their ability to reason. Unfortunately there are some I've apparently seen walking around too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

Well if i was to play devils advocate, i would say, that (in my best announcer voice) In this day and age of total access (bull) to information in multiple formats at all hours, etc. Are people being swayed by a reporter or network or newspaper, into believing half truths and opinions as fact? And if so, should the news media lose its protection under the constitution since the protections granted therein were based on a supposed unbiased media?
    A caveat to that would be, as americans are we not responsible for turning the news and therefore , the news media, into an entertainment enitity, rather than a reporting entity. Personally I see way too many media members becoming the stories they were supposedly reporting on. Is that just a function of our own need for flash, and confrontation? Or is it a symptom of a much larger trend?

Then again, a supposition for you all. If a reporter purposely slants a news item as to influence someone or something, in his/her favor, even if its not for financial gain,should that be a crime?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

[Quote]ManOTSM! Snap out of it! Read CRITICALLY? Are you mad?[/Quote]

Mmmm.

Shiny.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

[Quote]Well they all didn't get schooled in critical thinking/reading like you and I did in college. And weed.[/Quote]

Mmmm.

Shiny.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Media bias is a huge problem, and only getting worse.
    The liberal media'a short term gain is being in the tank for Obama..the long term pain is that it is so obvious the major networks have lost all credibility..

David Letterman, the latest comedian to have "Bill Maher" syndrome, to think because he can make jokes, he is a genius....invites the loon Olberman, the poster boy for media idiocy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

[Quote]"I didn't inhale"[/Quote]

What the hell?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

my favorite obama button "i did inhale, that was the point"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[Quote]David Letterman, the latest comedian to have "Bill Maher" syndrome, to think because he can make jokes, he is a genius....invites the loon Olberman, the poster boy for media idiocy.[/Quote]

So will the McCain Camp now decry the Letterman show as "no longer a comedic organization"...?

In some sense, I would agree....

Sections
Shortcuts