Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Is this the whacko wingnut idea of 'constructive' dialogue.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

Is this the whacko wingnut idea of 'constructive' dialogue.

Immediately following the Newton massacre, public opinion mounted for modifying gun laws.

The whacko wingnuts and the NRA promised a 'constructive' discussion.

And how does such 'constructive' talk manifest itself in the whacko wingnut world?

First there was the Drudgedick likening the PotUS to Hitler and Stalin. Way to go a55hat, nothing is more 'constructive' than invoking Goodwin's Law squared.

And now we have this nutjob. The scary thing is that this guy owns a company specializing in weapons and tactical training.

This nutjob is unhinged!!! He's the FIRST guy we should be keeping guns from.

“Vice President [Joe] Biden is asking the president to bypass Congress and use executive privilege, executive order to ban assault rifles and to impose stricter gun control,” Yeager explained in his video message. “Fuck that.”

“I’m telling you that if that happens, it’s going to spark a civil war, and I’ll be glad to fire the first shot. I’m not putting up with it. You shouldn’t put up with it. And I need all you patriots to start thinking about what you’re going to do, load your damn mags, make sure your rifle’s clean, pack a backpack with some food in it and get ready to fight.”

The CEO concluded: “I’m not fucking putting up with this. I’m not letting my country be ruled by a dictator. I’m not letting anybody take my guns! If it goes one inch further, I’m going to start killing people.”

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1yf6S)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

Re: Is this the whacko wingnut idea of 'constructive' dialogue.

And then there's this nutjob, James Tracy who "claims on his blog and recently stated on a radio show -that trained "crisis actors" may have been employed by the Obama administration to shape public opinion on gun control."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

angryman-

Sorry this guy totally lost his temper, became unhinged , and began ranting, using foul language and personal insults. 

As the absolute leader in "constructive dialogue", it must have really hurt your sensitive soul.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

angryman- Sorry this guy totally lost his temper, became unhinged , and began ranting, using foul language and personal insults. It must have really hurt your sensitive soul.

Ya, that's what's frightening about the guy's rants, his use of profanity.

Let's not worry about his threats to kill people and the fact that he owns an arsenal of weapons with which to make it happen....

Gawd, you really are fvcking spineless moron.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

angryman- Sorry this guy totally lost his temper, became unhinged , and began ranting, using foul language and personal insults. It must have really hurt your sensitive soul.

Let's not worry about his threats to kill people and the fact that he owns an arsenal of weapons with which to make it happen.... 

LMFAO You do realize your reply made his point right? lol fvcking hilarious!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

This guy is as nutty as Lanza.

I bet he cries like a toddler when the State Police SWAT team puts their boots on his throat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

This guy is as nutty as Lanza.

I bet he cries like a toddler when the State Police SWAT team puts their boots on his throat.

The left would have the swat team fired and brought up on charges if they did that; are you kidding me?!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

LMFAO You do realize your reply made his point right? lol fvcking hilarious!!

Gawd you fvcking wingnuts are imbeciles.

Ya, that's what the problem is with the guys tirade, his profanity.

One thing you fvcking morons seem to forget.

There is a Constitutional argument for profanity as free speech.

There is no Constitutional right to indiscriminately kill people, or even threaten to kill them.

Man, you ideological imbeciles are fvcking ridiculously ignorant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

Bypassing congress is constructive as hell.

Weeeeeeee!

Oh, and BTW, the answer is no

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Ya, because the PotUS excercising the executive powers granted to his office by the Constitution is just so dang wrong.

And since neither you or anyone else knows what he has or will propose, your argument belies the fact that you wingnuts are only concerned with who does it rather than what "it" actually is.

Newsflash spanky, not everything the PotUS does has to be cleared by Congress.

That's why it's referred to as the THREE branches of gov't.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!    Indeed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Ya, because the PotUS excercising the executive powers granted to his office by the Constitution is just so dang wrong.

Newsflash spanky, not everything the PotUS does has to be cleared by Congress.

That's why it's referred to as the THREE branches of gov't.

...and they are meant to keep each other in check.  So is Obama's new excuse for not addressing the economy?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

...and they are meant to keep each other in check.

Which they still can.

If they don't like what PotUS does then they can pass legislation nullifying it.

And since no one knows what exactly PotUS is going to propose, that line of argument is only specualtion and hyperbole.

It only shows that the wingnuts are more concerned about who does it rather than what 'it' actually is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

So is Obama's new excuse for not addressing the economy?

Last time I checked, the branch of gov't with the power of the purse as well as the power to legislate is still Congress.

Has that changed?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Last time I checked, the branch of gov't with the power of the purse as well as the power to legislate is still Congress.

Has that changed?

Actually, according to your endless "Baby Bush" rants, it has changed, since 2009.
    Interesting, your notion that President Obama is powerless and blameless regarding fiscal issues and spending. Yet you rant and rave and blame "Baby Bush" for everything bad that has occurred since,   around 1932.

Self awareness is not your strength, is it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

Actually, according to your endless "Baby Bush" rants, it has changed, since 2009.
    Interesting, your notion that President Obama is powerless and blameless regarding fiscal issues and spending. Yet you rant and rave and blame "Baby Bush" for everything bad that has occurred since, around 1932. Self awareness is not your strength, is it?

Hmmmm, let's see....

Isn't it you whacko wingnuts who keep reminding us that Obama hasn't passed a budget in years?

So numbnuts, why don't you explain how that fact is consistent with your caterwauling about the supposed Obama spending spree? You know, the money from a budget he never got pass Congress.

Again, your ignorance of US gov't is very humorous.

baby-Bush and the wingnut Congress forced through the tax cuts of 2001-2003 using the 'nuclear option' which turned a $200 billion/yr surplus into a multi-trillion dollar deficit.

baby-Bush and the wingnuts Congress passed the LARGEST, UNFUNDED expansion of Medicare since it's inception in the 60's.

baby-Bush and the wingnut Congress promised the country that not only was the Iraq war necessary, but the costs wouldn't exceed $50 billion and the commitment limited. Not only were the wingnuts laughably wrong on all their estimates, they kept the costs off the books so as not to explode the deficit by a trillion more dollars.

Heh, heh, heh... yep, nothin to see here, right booboo?

Geepers, the next thing you whacko wingnuts will try lying about is that the nat'l debt is tied to future spending... HILARIOUS!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink2. Show WhichOnesPink2's posts

Immediately following the Newton massacre, public opinion mounted for modifying gun laws.

The whacko wingnuts and the NRA promised a 'constructive' discussion.

And how does such 'constructive' talk manifest itself in the whacko wingnut world?

First there was the Drudgedick likening the PotUS to Hitler and Stalin. Way to go a55hat, nothing is more 'constructive' than invoking Goodwin's Law squared.

And now we have this nutjob. The scary thing is that this guy owns a company specializing in weapons and tactical training.

This nutjob is unhinged!!! He's the FIRST guy we should be keeping guns from.

“Vice President [Joe] Biden is asking the president to bypass Congress and use executive privilege, executive order to ban assault rifles and to impose stricter gun control,” Yeager explained in his video message. “Fuck that.”

“I’m telling you that if that happens, it’s going to spark a civil war, and I’ll be glad to fire the first shot. I’m not putting up with it. You shouldn’t put up with it. And I need all you patriots to start thinking about what you’re going to do, load your damn mags, make sure your rifle’s clean, pack a backpack with some food in it and get ready to fight.”

The CEO concluded: “I’m not fcking putting up with this. I’m not letting my country be ruled by a dictator. I’m not letting anybody take my guns! If it goes one inch further, I’m going to start killing people.”

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1yf6S)

Oh the irony on 12-angry posting about 'constructive' dialogue....bwahahahahahahahahaha

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

So, let me get this straight:  The type of gun you use to kill or main an intruder in your house is in question?

That's the question put forward by the left.  Handguns are o.k., assault rifles are not?

Not very constructive dialog, I would say. I would say the left presuposes that your assailant will be lesser armed.

Or, how about that idiot Cuomo screaming about how "assault" rifles are not used for hunting, as if your right to defend yourself has anything to do with hunting.  Is that a "constructive dialog"?

Or, Biden saying that Obama will do what ever he wants through executive orders.  Is that a "constructive dialog"?

Hard to have a "constructive dialog" when the left, from Obama on down are lying through their teeth and throw out stupid comments about hunting in order to rally the low-information voters.

Let me know when the left is ready to have a constructive dialog, because I have yet to hear it. All I hear the left doing is positioning themselves for as much of a gun grab as they can pull off.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

How many guns do you own?

See the irony there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

Right.  POTUS can write and sign gun legislation without congress.

Oh please do it.  The fun would be just great.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Right.  POTUS can write and sign gun legislation without congress.

Oh please do it.  The fun would be just great.

I think he will ban assault rifles and ammo clips over 10 rounds with executive order. It will hurt dems big time in 2014 and do absolutely nothing to limit assault rifles and large capacity clips for those that dont care about the law anyway!

Plus there are only about 100 million of them on the streets already!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

...and they are meant to keep each other in check.

Which they still can.

If they don't like what PotUS does then they can pass legislation nullifying it.

And since no one knows what exactly PotUS is going to propose, that line of argument is only specualtion and hyperbole.

It only shows that the wingnuts are more concerned about who does it rather than what 'it' actually is.

IMO, executive orders should only be used when immediate urgent action is required and then followed up with a legislative action.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

Right. POTUS can write and sign gun legislation without congress. Oh please do it.  The fun would be just great.

Heh, heh, heh...you're about as good at this gov't stuff as you are at economics.

PotUS can't write legislation, which is why he is using the exec order.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Has that changed?

I thought we elected a leader to lead and the legislature would legislate based on the direction our leader lead us.  He's getting distracted from the economy again with his new push for gun control.  Our president is far from being a competent multi-tasker as he can only focus on one thing at a time.  So given his lack of mult-tasking abilities he should get back to the economy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

I thought we elected a leader to lead and the legislature would legislate based on the direction our leader lead us.  He's getting distracted from the economy again with his new push for gun control.  Our president is far from being a competent multi-tasker as he can only focus on one thing at a time.  So given his lack of mult-tasking abilities he should get back to the economy.

Wow?! Seriously??

So the idea of the two party system and the three branches of gov't thingy just hasn't sunk in yet?

The Founding Fathers set up a system exactly opposite of what you think it is.

Sections
Shortcuts