It isn't impossible to stop illegal immigration!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from getinvolved. Show getinvolved's posts

It isn't impossible to stop illegal immigration!

"Many people would have us believe that it would not actually be possible to round up and deport all illegal aliens in the U.S. This is most definitely not the case. It is merely a lack of resolve to do so. How can I say this? Easy. It’s been done successfully multiple times in the past. In fact, three of our most well-known presidents  initiated successful illegal alien deportation programs."

Read more:
    http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-02-20/blog/a-more-perfect-union/ladd-it-isnt-impossible-to-stop-illegal-immigration#ixzz0gLMiwqG2

WHAT CAN YOU DO TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION??? Sign up with: http://www.fairus.org/site/PageNavigator/action/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from USCitizen2010. Show USCitizen2010's posts

Re: It isn't impossible to stop illegal immigration!

Rounding up all the illegals is a good idea - and I agree, very possible to accomplish.  The ONLY way to stop, or seriously discourage, the influx of illegals in the first place is to remove the "anchor baby" syndrome.  If a child is born in this country of parents that are not citizens of this country, then the child should also be recognized as a citizen of the parent's country - not automatically granted US Citizenship because his very pregnant mother slipped under a fence at 8-1/2 months pregnant.

If the anchor baby didn't exist, the whole family can easily be deported without any complications.  Knowing their children will be US Citizens is a huge motivator to come here and stay.  If the children were not granted automatic citizenship, there would be no sense of security, or of belonging or that this country suddenly owes them something. They would always be looking over their shoulders, knowing there's a flight out with their names on it.

If a pregnant US Citizen gave birth in any other country - the child is still a US Citizen! Why can't we have the same standards of citizenship as everyone else? Why do we grant that most precious right to persons who haven't earned it? 

This country was built on the backs of Legal Immigrants from all over the world - persons who came here legitimately/legally, persons who worked hard to make a better life for their children, not by people who came here illegally to work the system and get benefits most legitimate US Citizens can't qualify for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

In Response to Re: It isn't impossible to stop illegal immigration!:
    Rounding up all the illegals is a good idea - and I agree, very possible to accomplish.  The ONLY way to stop, or seriously discourage, the influx of illegals in the first place is to remove the "anchor baby" syndrome .  If a child is born in this country of parents that are not citizens of this country, then the child should also be recognized as a citizen of the parent's country - not automatically granted US Citizenship because his very pregnant mother slipped under a fence at 8-1/2 months pregnant. If the anchor baby didn't exist, the whole family can easily be deported without any complications.  Knowing their children will be US Citizens is a huge motivator to come here and stay.  If the children were not granted automatic citizenship, there would be no sense of security, or of belonging or that this country suddenly owes them something. They would always be looking over their shoulders, knowing there's a flight out with their names on it. If a pregnant US Citizen gave birth in any other country - the child is still a US Citizen! Why can't we have the same standards of citizenship as everyone else? Why do we grant that most precious right to persons who haven't earned it?  This country was built on the backs of Legal Immigrants from all over the world - persons who came here legitimately/legally, persons who worked hard to make a better life for their children, not by people who came here illegally to work the system and get benefits most legitimate US Citizens can't qualify for.
    Posted by USCitizen2010

AMEN!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

Crack down on the companies who hire them.  

Stop the work, stop the immigration.  

Problem solved.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1984-Redux. Show 1984-Redux's posts

Nice picture..

These poor people deserve FREE HEALTH CARE. The chap on the left appears to have a groin injury and the gentleman on the right has a dislocated finger.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillinmass. Show stillinmass's posts

1984 - You get the nomination for post of the day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

It's not impossible...

...just highly improbable.

Why?

See Ltown1's post above....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

2000 mile fence along the border, avg cost 5-10 million per mile, do the math.

$10-$20 Billion to secure the border where 90% of the illegal immigrants enter the country.

Compared to healthcare and bank bail-outs, sounds like a bargain to me!  Then, to LT's point, the companies that hire illegals will have to hire unemployed Americans, another fix.....ta-da! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from getinvolved. Show getinvolved's posts

"The chap on the left appears to have a groin injury and the gentleman on the right has a dislocated finger."

Probably from "hard" work injuries.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

If the RW bosses would stop hiring them, then the problem would go away...

Geesh, why cant they figure that out?

Yet they'll whine about it tomorrow...snore

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Or you can just whine about there only being RW bosses who hire illegals...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

This is a simplistic approach to a complicated problem.  The lead article is written by a radiologist, hardly a person who is an authority on such matters.  Secondly, without getting into the success of the previous programs, they involved numbers much, much less than the 12 million people that would have to be moved.   Lastly, the "anchor baby" and benefits to illegals issues are controlled by provisions of the Constitution and amending that document is no easy thing.  What can be done?  Go after the employers: if there are no jobs for the illegals they will go home.  That would be cheaper and quicker than the forcible deportation of millions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

"The lead article is written by a radiologist, hardly a person who is an authority on such matters."

Neither is anyone on BDC but that doesn't stop them... : )

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanCP. Show DanCP's posts

Sure it's possible to deport 12 million people. You would need a new immigration police force though - existing law enforcement would not suffice - that would number pretty high. They would have to be able to conduct surprise raids - you know, in the night, kicking in doors etc. to ferret out the illegals - take them  into custody. Our existing jails wouldn't suffice - plus all those kids - so we would have to build prisons - well, camps of some sort, to concentrate them in one place while p[rocessing them for deportation. Of course, they would need to be kind of like prisons - barbed wire camps... What's the word... damn it.. concentration camps! That's it. Concentration camps to house the illegal families until they can be shipped out - sweet! Maybe we can dust off some of those awesome camps we used to intern japanese americans. What a great idear.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Oh I get it..you're making a funny. You're a clever fella. Yes you are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1984-Redux. Show 1984-Redux's posts

Sure it's possible to deport 12 million people. You would need a new immigration police force though - existing law enforcement would not suffice - that would number pretty high. They would have to be able to conduct surprise raids - you know, in the night, kicking in doors etc. to ferret out the illegals - take them  into custody. Our existing jails wouldn't suffice - plus all those kids - so we would have to build prisons - well, camps of some sort, to concentrate them in one place while p[rocessing them for deportation. Of course, they would need to be kind of like prisons - barbed wire camps... What's the word... damn it.. concentration camps! That's it. Concentration camps to house the illegal families until they can be shipped out - sweet! Maybe we can dust off some of those awesome camps we used to intern japanese americans. What a great idear.
    Posted by DanCP

It would create the kind of government jobs Obama has been promising and be much kinder to the environment. The impact of not providing FREE HC to this invading army is gigantic.
    Like the Big-O would be willing to give up 12 million Dem voters... and more importantly the chance to be a Messiah to them....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

If they are illegal immigrants then they cannot vote. 

As for the authors comments in the above article, if he is aware of the instances in the past where there were mass forced deportations then he is also aware of the massive human rights violations that took place as well, including American citizens being rounded up and deported along with illegals. 

As for people cheerleading this proposed approach (it will never happen under any president, Republican or democrat by the way) I seem to recall the right getting its panties in a bunch over Obama trying to increase the number of City Year and Peace Corps participants referring to them as his "army" that would round up "real americans" and force them into labor camps etc.  So if I am to understand this correctly some of you are for the idea of Obama creating a massive new enforcement agency with the power to uproot, jail, and deport people within American borders? 

I can just see all the extremists and wingnuts buying up guns and moving to Idaho under the belief that the gubmint is coming for them too. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

" The lead article is written by a radiologist, hardly a person who is an authority on such matters." Neither is anyone on BDC but that doesn't stop them... : )
    Posted by hawkeye01

True.  But of the the folks here, only Grim and Sheepy think they are authorities worth quoting and they only quote each other.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanCP. Show DanCP's posts

"Oh I get it..you're making a funny."

It's no joke - it's what you are proposing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

"Oh I get it..you're making a funny." It's no joke - it's what you are proposing.
    Posted by DanCP

Could you point out where I proposed anything remotely close to what you are stating? Hell I'd be impressed if you could find ANYTHING I've proposed on this subject.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanCP. Show DanCP's posts

Apologies - by "you" I meant the people clamoring for forced deportation of illegals. If you do not fall into that category, I mispoke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1984-Redux. Show 1984-Redux's posts

Let em vote (don't tell me they don't already).. lets give me HC.. lets make sure that they have retirements.. housing.. schools.. get out of jail free cards.. free food.. not having to pay taxes..

.. and.. just what they bring to our great society is... what?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Apologies - by "you" I meant the people clamoring for forced deportation of illegals. If you do not fall into that category, I mispoke.
    Posted by DanCP

That's an understatement!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanCP. Show DanCP's posts

".. and.. just what they bring to our great society is... what"

About 4.5% of our total workforce and about $9 billion dollars a year in taxes.

Sections
Shortcuts