It's Global Warming, Stupid!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

It's Global Warming, Stupid!

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-11-01/its-global-warming-stupid#p1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: It's Global Warming, Stupid!

Translation: The Climate Change Denier sociopaths can all sukkit, NYC-style...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

On the contrary...

I've been working nearly around the clock since the storm to restore systems and applications for utilities clients from Maine to Virginia. 

I finally got a break to come over and share some much-needed info.

What's your excuse?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The planet may be warming (although it hasnt then last decade) but, man is not causing nor can we stop it!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

The planet may be warming (although it hasnt then last decade) but, man is not causing nor can we stop it!!

Well if you say so it must be true. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

And there you have the hybrid global warming denier. These a55hats now say global warming exists but man has nothing to do with it.

My question is why do we all have to work at the same pace as the slow kid?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

So you think tvoter is the only one on the planet that thinks this way?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

spin?

Is this your tourettes thing again?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

A timely cold front from the west is what made it turn so sharrply to the left, sometimes these things line up perfectly and odd things happen...its weather. Let's not start this global warming cp*p as cause. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I understand how and why climate change became a political issue (fossil fuels, Al Gore, Religion vs. Science, etc....) but it just seems it has reached a point where man influenced climate change needs to become depoliticized and accepted as reality.  We can no longer afford to have politicians who reference the bible in the face of climate change and we can no longer have politicians who champion the fossil fuel industry without mentioning environmental impacts in the same sentence. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Translation: The Climate Change Denier sociopaths can all sukkit, NYC-style...

Be careful...you don't want to come off like 12-angry. Besides, aren't the climate change deniers in the minority? Especially in the field of science? Are these deniers stopping those companies that are working on cleaner energy solutions? No need to work yourself up over this my friend. I'm being 100% non-sarcastic with this post.

The so-called skeptics are indeed in the minority in the relevant fields of science.

However, they are being backed by some very rich, very powerful and very biased sources of money within industries which are critical to the debate over how to alleviate the effects of global climate change brought on by increasingly severe weather phenomena.

It's one thing to be intentionally ignorant about the causes of these events - which are indeed varied and complex.

But it's quite another to actively oppose preventative measures and spread bogus information - which in turn makes light, again, of the inevitable results.

(This could also be said about the overall health care debate, but that's another question entirely.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to newman09's comment:

A timely cold front from the west is what made it turn so sharrply to the left, sometimes these things line up perfectly and odd things happen...its weather. Let's not start this global warming cp*p as cause. 

"Weather is Crazy!!!"   A solid counter point in the face of overwhelming science.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Let's not start this global warming cp*p as cause. 

Start?  It never stopped, and isn't likely to anytime soon.  There is indeed both correlation and causation at work here.

The end results are - to quote Gov. Christie - "unthinkable".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Want to read a really good book ( it's fiction, but still damn good) on the subject of Global Warming?

Michael Crichton , 'State Of Fear.' I read this book a couple of years ago, I really couldn't put it down ....as is always the case with Michael Crichton books.

There is also a possibility that extraterrestrials have a hand in this. Of course, if you don't believe they exist you will automatically disregard that theory. I've done extensive reading in this area, and I am convinced we are not alone.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[/QUOTE]

Start?  It never stopped, and isn't likely to anytime soon.  There is indeed both correlation and causation at work here.

[/QUOTE]

People's ability to ignore logic, science, and facts, so they can continue to deny climate change is astounding.

Yes there is causation.  'Warming ocean waters lead to a longer hurricane season' is something those crazy climate change scientists have been saying for a LONG TIME.  Of course then when it happens the deniers default back to "weather is crazy".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Let's not start this global warming cp*p as cause. 

Not debating the earth is warming, many agree it is. This planet has been around a long long time, its cooled its warmed, it seems to do this on it's own over millions and millions of years. That's all I'm saying.

Not sure about the alien thing???

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:

On the contrary...

I've been working nearly around the clock since the storm to restore systems and applications for utilities clients from Maine to Virginia. 

I finally got a break to come over and share some much-needed info.

What's your excuse?

No excuse sweetie...

This is not a political thread unless it's pointed to how the Obamaites want to increase fuel taxes or how HE has plssed away tens of billions to his buddies cramming an inefficient green technology to loser companys which will only further increase energy costs.

Save a whale.. collect the whole set.

So, let's talk about them.

For example, as I mentioned elsewhere, one proposal to build sea barriers to protect New York Harbor and environs was estimated to cost $14B.  Damage from Sandy in the NY metro area ALONE is estimated to cost upwards of $50B.

If you want to deny the scientific evidence without corresponding evidence, go for it.  But you can't deny the bottom lines of insurers the world over who are and will continue NOT to underwrite policies for areas threatened by the same climate change you're denying.

In this perspective, things like a modest 1% gas tax, infrastructure spending and green energy projects are small potatoes.

Sections
Shortcuts