It's Global Warming, Stupid!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: It's Global Warming, Stupid!

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BilltheKat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:
    [QUOTE].

The Scientists said warming ocean waters would lead to an extended hurricane season and now Sandy hits on Halloween.

[/QUOTE]

Psst...hurricane season goes till Nov 30. Carry on.

[/QUOTE]

Your point?

[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Wow...re-read the post again...slowly this time. If you STILL don't get it let me know and I'll be happy to walk you through it. I promise I'll go slow for you. I know how much you struggle with reading comprehension. Good luck!

[/QUOTE]

Son what a fool you are . Even your avatar, or is it a picture of your alter ego, promotes global warming.

Now hurry to class before the last bell rings !

[/QUOTE]

That's it? That's the best you can do? Christ you're such a waste.

[/QUOTE]

Son that's good enough for the likes of you.

BTW I save my good stuff for more worthy adversaries.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: It's Global Warming, Stupid!

[QUOTE]

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

[/QUOTE]

There's much we can do, at the very least to extend our existence enough to give ourselves a fighting chance.  Part of the point is that our needs are increasing so quickly that it's hard enough just to keep up with the changes occurring in real time.

To me, first order of business is to discuss it openly, unemotionally and honestly.  On that score, this whole campaign has been a bitter failure.  We shouldn't have to wait for an event like Sandy to re-jigger our focus on the problem.

Either way, denying the existence of the problem is less than helpful.

[/QUOTE]

No offense but you sound like a politician. You said there is much we can do but didn't list off even one thing. 

[/QUOTE]

I did mention the sea barriers in NY harbor.  It worked in the Netherlands to hold back the North Sea from obliterating half of the country.  Smart folks, those Dutch.

Better mileage standards on cars...a no-brainer.  Ditto for home weatherization, energy efficiencies, renewable energy sources, water reclamation, etc.  The military isn't waiting around; they're acting now, aggressively.

But I'll repeat, and I apologize if it sounds glib, but we must be able to talk about the problem before we can fix it.  The utter lack of coverage during the campaign was just a scab ripped wide open by Sandy.  We just can't afford to deny things that are right in front of our face.

Personally, my two biggest issues are healthcare and the environment.  Both are inherently economic issues affecting our long-term growth.  And there is absolutely no doubt which side the facts are on in both issues.