Over for Romney.

RASMUSSEN POLL: ROMNEY BACK IN LEAD...

R: 47%
    O: 46%

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Re: It's over for Romney

When the US responds I hope we don't tuck our tail and run Like Ronnie Raygun did in Beruit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to harleyroadking12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When the US responds I hope we don't tuck our tail and run Like Ronnie Raygun did in Beruit.

[/QUOTE]
    I seen that carnage that was inflicted on the 3rd Bn 8 Mars up close and personal that morning back on 10/23/83. Ain't pretty !

\ Before some of you warriors want to send more kids into a living hell drive youself or your own kids to the recruiter and enlist.

Semper Fi !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/Default.aspx?tsid=167&campaignSource=CDRO&source=B100108

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

We did invade. What else can you call it?

The embassy IS the Obama Administration.

You asked what else could Obama have done. I gave you several options without regard to preference. WIthdrawing embassy personnel was certainly another option. Waiting until after the attack to send in Marines is incompetence.

We are now finding out that there were people in the embassy texting about the threat. If the press did their job instead of acting like Obama campaign surrogates, we'd get more answers. But they do not desire to seek the truth.

[/QUOTE]

There was no invasion.  If there was, security would have been far more secure.  It takes exceptional circumstances to remove an embassy and there was little indication that this event was about to occur.  If we had left early you would most assuredly complain about the cowardice and incompetence of Obama for that action. The White House does not control every officer of every embassy.  And again: is a plea for tolerance of relgious beliefs such a bad thing?  You don't think we should support tolerance?  

All in all Obama looks presidential in this crisis and Romney looks like a political opportunist who cannot effectively connect facts to ideas.  Too bad for you....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/09/nbcwsj-poll-obama-leads-in-florida-virginia-ohio-135507.html?hp=r3

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/09/nbcwsj-poll-obama-leads-in-florida-virginia-ohio-135507.html?hp=r3

[/QUOTE]

nice timing. 

Just this second I got a call from Romney poll takers, I am a 100% voting for Romney but I told them I wasn't. 

[/QUOTE]

Call them back and tell them who you're backing !!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

It's gotten a little fuzzy as to whether Newtster is talking about Libya or Egypt above.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to BetheKoolaid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Obama's done. The supposed triumph  of his 2009 speech in Cairo has been unmasked for what it was...an apology tour...this doesnt work with extremist Muslim thugs..

[/QUOTE]

Only a nitwit like you.

Romney is the Republican candidate for President if he can't publicly speak to issues concerning the incumbent President who exactly can?

Certainly not the corrupt media who Obama has in his back pocket.

According to you people no one is to question Obama's policies no matter how flawed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

timely is soooooo up on current events.  3 weeks after Newsweek had Obama on the cover, Jamal finally gets to it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

These stories about the incompetants will continue to spill out. Obama was too busy planning for the Vegas fund raiser.

State Dept 'had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged consulate in Benghazi'...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Uh oh.

PAPER: U.S. WARNED OF EMBASSY ATTACK BUT DID NOTHING

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

As I understand it, the Ambassador to Libya was in Bengahzi to assist in relocating the staff in the Consulate to a safer location.  He chose to leave the safety of the embassy in Tripoli to bring his staff to safety.

Wouldn't moving people to a safe house be in line with doing something?

The safe house and consulate came under mortar attack.  How exactly do you protect yourself from mortar attack?

There was clearly a security breach in Libya.  The terrorist knew where the safe house was.

Short of removing all embassy and consulate staff throughout the middle east and africa, what could have been done?

Shouldn't people wait until the facts are in before second guessing the actions of the Ambassador who gave his life trying to bring his staff to safety?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to Newtster's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right now they are sending in more Marines to protect the embassy. They should have been sent in a long time ago. The attackers showed up with rockets, etc. It was a pre-meditated. planned attack. If we can invade the country to protect Liyans from Libyans, you would think we could manage to send in a few Marines to protect Americans from Libyans.

Secondly, the Obama Administration continually scolds Americans for exercising their right to free speech. Look at the statements that came out of the State Department. They are all about how disgraceful we are for hurting the feelings of muslims about their religion. Nothing at all about how dysfunctional and dispicable their behavior is in reaction to a spoken word or a movie. This just shows weakness to the extremists. They know they can attack us with impunity. Obama is just setting up the excuse for the next attack.

And this is from a President who calls some of his political opponents "bitter clingers" for thier attachement to the Bible and guns.

What else could he have done? He could have withdrawn the embassy personnel and let the Libyans settle their own problems instead of invading the country for the sake of the Europeans who lost a source of oil.

[/QUOTE]

We didn't "invade" Libya.  We gave military support to a revolutionary force that overthrew a corrupt dictatorship.  We have a lot less control of this situation than you make out.  It is a society that is close to anarchy and it appears that an organized force took advantage of the situation to make a terrorist attack.  More marines?  In how many different places?  And even then there are no guarantees.

And the Obama administration DID NOT issue the plea for tolerance of religion, that came from the embassy as they tried to defuse a potential conflict before it started.  And realy, is a plea for tolerance and respect such a bad thing?

[/QUOTE]

We did invade. What else can you call it?

The embassy IS the Obama Administration.

You asked what else could Obama have done. I gave you several options without regard to preference. WIthdrawing embassy personnel was certainly another option. Waiting until after the attack to send in Marines is incompetence.

We are now finding out that there were people in the embassy texting about the threat. If the press did their job instead of acting like Obama campaign surrogates, we'd get more answers. But they do not desire to seek the truth.

[/QUOTE]

Newtster, maybe we can approach this a different way, but first, do you stand by your comments here?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

"Look at the statements that came out of the State Department. They are all about how disgraceful we are for hurting the feelings of muslims about their religion."

Most muslims live in a near totalitarian state.  No movie is made without the backing of the Government.  They have no concept of freedomn of speech.  They have no concept of a movie being made that isn't supported by the government.

So when a movie comes out criticizing Islam, they have a hard time thinking that it was made by some nut bag and that it wasn't supported by the government.

Even though I don't think anyone apologized for this video, I have no problem with the State Department coming out and saying the Government had nothing to do with the movie.  I for one don't want to be associated with the video. 

The most sickening thing is the people who made it go into hiding.  The director isn't even an American.  The people who made the video should step up and tell the world that the video does not reflect the views of the Nation as a whole.

If you want to make movies or cartoons or whatever that satires Islam or is intended to inflame the passions of large numbers of people that put Americans in danger, then at least put a disclaimer on it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Look at the statements that came out of the State Department. They are all about how disgraceful we are for hurting the feelings of muslims about their religion."

Most muslims live in a near totalitarian state.  No movie is made without the backing of the Government.  They have no concept of freedomn of speech.  They have no concept of a movie being made that isn't supported by the government.

So when a movie comes out criticizing Islam, they have a hard time thinking that it was made by some nut bag and that it wasn't supported by the government.

Even though I don't think anyone apologized for this video, I have no problem with the State Department coming out and saying the Government had nothing to do with the movie.  I for one don't want to be associated with the video. 

The most sickening thing is the people who made it go into hiding.  The director isn't even an American.  The people who made the video should step up and tell the world that the video does not reflect the views of the Nation as a whole.

If you want to make movies or cartoons or whatever that satires Islam or is intended to inflame the passions of large numbers of people that put Americans in danger, then at least put a disclaimer on it. 

[/QUOTE]

I think it was smart for our state dept to apologize to the Islamists world wide about our evil first amendment.

Afterall all the apologies Obama has made to the same for our mere existence and our rich history hasn't worked.

The President of the United States bowing in front of every tin horn dictator on the planet has not yet sunk in.

The billion and a half we gave Egypt last week might calm down a few corrupt poliiticians in the Muslim Brotherhood in the upcoming days.

I can understand why the American media feels Obama is above criticism because it is they who elected him the first time.

25. This post has been removed.